BC premier: big changes coming to MSP premiums

Deean
Fledgling

Re: BC premier: big changes coming to MSP premiums

Post by Deean »

Christy is campaigning for the next election. Once more she has an ad on TV about helping families. Petitions were signed over the increase in MSP premiums increase, now because it has proved to be unpopular with the voters she is looking at lowering them. Perhaps we could sort our own mail locally instead of sending it to Vancouver. How about doing hospital laundry locally. Of course she could have another four years to get premiums back to where they are now or higher.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Deean wrote:Christy is campaigning for the next election. Once more she has an ad on TV about helping families. Petitions were signed over the increase in MSP premiums increase, now because it has proved to be unpopular with the voters she is looking at lowering them. Perhaps we could sort our own mail locally instead of sending it to Vancouver. How about doing hospital laundry locally. Of course she could have another four years to get premiums back to where they are now or higher.

Politicians are always campaigning for the next election. Mail decisions are federal, so ask her Liberal comrade Trudeau about that. Hospital laundry outsourcing saved money, so what you're suggesting would increase the burden on already over-taxed BCers. And guaranteed, she will have another 4 years to do whatever she wants, because the NDP is dead in the water, as they should be.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/189464/ ... s-promised

Typical election candy is being given out, every seated Government does this BS just to get gullible voters.

Of course the funny part is everyone over $42,000 pays the same amount now (single monthly $75 or Family $150)

Added: Its big break for employers who pay there employees MSP premium, as well those employees next income tax time.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

GordonH wrote:Bumped
http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/189464/ ... s-promised

Typical election candy is being given out, every seated Government does this BS just to get gullible voters.

Of course the funny part is everyone over $42,000 pays the same amount now (single monthly $75 or Family $150)

Added: Its big break for employers who pay there employees MSP premium, as well those employees next income tax time.

There's simply no pleasing some people...

http://bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2017/speech/BudgetSpeech_2017.pdf

As a first step, starting this fiscal year, on January 1, 2018, we're going to the roll back most premiums to about the levels that were set in 1993. This will be done by cutting premiums in half for families and individuals with family net income of up to $120,000 per year.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ tell it like it is this purely election candy, nothing else. Politicians do this just to get voters, every political party in power does it.
Pour enough perfume on manure it to will smell wonderful, thing is it's still manure.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

GordonH wrote:^^^ tell it like it is this purely election candy, nothing else. Politicians do this just to get voters, every political party in power does it.
Pour enough perfume on manure it to will smell wonderful.

Fair enough... if you think this is pouring perfume on manure, then surely you have to admit that Horgan's promises of eliminating MSP entirely, $10 day care, well paid jobs in the north and interior with more restrictions on resource extraction, etc, mean that Horgan has an unlimited supply of perfume to go along with his unlimited supply of BS
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ tell it like it is this purely election candy, nothing else. Politicians do this just to get voters, every political party in power does it.
Pour enough perfume on manure it to will smell wonderful.

Retrosnap wrote:Fair enough... if you think this is pouring perfume on manure, then surely you have to admit that Horgan's promises of eliminating MSP entirely, $10 day care, well paid jobs in the north and interior with more restrictions on resource extraction, etc, mean that Horgan has an unlimited supply of perfume to go along with his unlimited supply of BS

I despise all politicians, I don't care if they are right... left or centre. They all BS the voters to cause them to vote for them/whatever it takes to win the election. As I've said in other threads, politicians are unpleasant necessity in a democracy.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

GordonH wrote:I despise all politicians, I don't care if they are right... left or centre. They all BS the voters to cause them to vote for them/whatever it takes to win the election. As I've said in other threads, politicians are unpleasant necessity in a democracy.

That much we can agree on. :130:

I just hope that ALL voters, regardless of their political persuasion, read, understand and think critically about the platform of the party they support, and not naively assume that they can have everything their heart desires, without having to pay for it.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Pour enough perfume on manure it to will smell wonderful, thing is it's still manure.

I hope you understand that negative nellies like yourself promote voter apathy and low voter turnouts. Stop feeding the cycle you claim to hate.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Hassel99 wrote:I hope you understand that negative nellies like yourself promote voter apathy and low voter turnouts. Stop feeding the cycle you claim to hate.

If we don't demand better politicians we will continue to get the bottom of the barrel, as we have in Victoria & Ottawa
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Roll back MSP to 1993 levels in 2018.

Wow!

Dumb and meaningless!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

I'll bet the person making 30K a year is going to be paying the same amount as the person making 120K a year because reasons.

BC'ers love being bribed with their own money.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

C. Clark as a defender of the middle class is absolute nonsense.

In fact she robbed their children of Education funding
and left the vulnerable without proper care.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

George+ wrote:Roll back MSP to 1993 levels in 2018.

Wow!

Dumb and meaningless!

Yes, if it is in THIS years budget, why in h@ll aren't they implementing it THIS year; not next. Buggers!
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
. Hospital laundry outsourcing saved money,

Really ? Who the heck told you that ? The service (and all of the extra charges) haven't even started yet. Interior Health signed a 20 year contract for MORE than what they have CLAIMED they were already paying , and that contract doesn't even come close to covering the entire IHA jurisdiction.

Major problem in BC , and elsewhere , is that politicians make up the numbers and tell the people something is a good deal ....... and the people actually believe them. I know ? Crazy right ?

Return to “B.C.”