Petronas bailing out

Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Petronas bailing out

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Gixxer wrote:Again, if Petronas wants to sell, whats the problem?

Here's what Petronas is considering and would be included in sale now:

http://www.ceaa.gc.ca/050/documents/p80032/115669E.pdf

No problem at all, right?

The hard work's all done.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

TL;DR

Where's the cliff notes/bullet points version?
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

FYI (or wuteverrr).

That starts on page 3 or page 6 if you like.
Last edited by Pat-Taporter on Oct 3rd, 2016, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Okay, an easy find for me, and I’ve edited it to take out what I think are matters of opinion except for one, which I agree might be key to being able to ‘sell’ the project (but I also think we gotta draw the line somewhere).

What’s in the Pacific NorthWest LNG conditions?

Dawson Creek Mirror September 29, 2016 04:04 PM

http://www.dawsoncreekmirror.ca/regiona ... -1.2355063
. . .

The conditions include rules for construction and operations around Flora Bank, a sensitive salmon habitat, as well as a cap on total emissions from the project.
Federal conditions also create environmental monitoring committees “comprised of Indigenous peoples and federal and provincial representatives, for the first time ever,” Environment Minister Catherine McKenna said at a news conference in Richmond.

. . .

While Pacific NorthWest can now move forward, Malaysian energy giant Petronas and its partners still need to review the project to see if it makes economic sense under the conditions.

. . .

Many of the conditions aim to prevent impacts on fisheries. Among the concerns are that the project’s around-the-clock construction schedule could create 24-hour daylight conditions for nearby salmon populations.

The 190 conditions include:

limiting underwater pile driving noise to 207 decibels to avoid impacts on fish

restrictions on lighting during construction, including a requirement to “place reflective material on the underside of over-water infrastructure to reduce the light/dark contrast on marine waters.”

fisheries assessments for Northern Abalone and other species, as well as followup monitoring

specific emissions intensity guidelines on each LNG “train” to minimize impacts on air quality

B.C. has also agreed to support the upcoming federal climate change plan, and has committed to raising its $30 a tonne tax on carbon concurrently with other provincial governments.
Warren Brazier, an energy lawyer with Watson Goepel, said emissions will likely be the biggest hurdle for the project going forward. . . .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

and dont forget first ship to dump bilge water there will effectivly ruin the skeena runs for ever
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

There's some rules and regulations set forth by the government. Whats the problem if Petronas decides to sell?
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

It might be getting approval from whoever controls the potential buyer (for instance, if it’s a Chinese company).

Return to “B.C.”