Christy vs a Canadian hero

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Christy vs a Canadian hero

Post by maryjane48 »

http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... politician

seems ms clark is scared of what this ex canadian armed forces might be able to shed light on
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Christy vs a Canadian hero

Post by Hurtlander »

maryjane48 wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/claws-are-out-in-legal-scrap-between-b-c-government-and-bear-saviour-turned-politician

seems ms clark is scared of what this ex canadian armed forces might be able to shed light on

The government is being really stupid, even if this guy is technically violating the confidentiality agreement, he still has the support of the majority of the people for being insubordinate not killing those two cubs. That will undoubtedly be remembered come the election.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The government is spending your tax $$ to intimidate the guy who will likely beat their Liberal candidate in that riding. Sounds about right.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

If that guy wins the NDP nomination for the Courtenay Comox riding, you'd think the liberals would want to beat him on policy instead of losing to him because the Liberals look like a bunch of heartless SOB's.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

horgan is no fool , he knows exactly what he is doing by having this guy on the team .
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Heard about this on the radio the other day, I think he was wrong to break the confidentiality agreement, but it was done as a political move without question. A little sleazy as a move but that's politics. I think people will often care more about a cuddly little critter than people breaking any promises they made.....yet promising things and not delivering is standard politics as well.

maryjane48 wrote:horgan is no fool , he knows exactly what he is doing by having this guy on the team .

Without a doubt, character isn't important, perception is.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i ageee vev byt to be fair his lawer says he was legal so i guess we wait
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

maryjane48 wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/claws-are-out-in-legal-scrap-between-b-c-government-and-bear-saviour-turned-politician

He's no hero. He's an idiot that failed to do the job he was hired to do, and failed to follow direct orders from his manager. Insubordination is worthy of termination.

I'd fire him too. There's no room in law enforcement for people like him.

And it's good that he's running for the NDP, as they attract losers that can't succeed in their careers all the time, both as candidates and as supporters.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

To me there are two separate issues here that Mr. Casavant is deliberately blurring to further his own political agenda. The right or wrong of ordering the cubs put to death by the supervisor, and Mr. Casavant's subsequent refusal to do so is one issue, one that was supposedly put to rest by the agreement to settle the grievance in exchange for a different job and signing the confidentiality agreement. The second, and central in my opinion, issue is that of Mr. Casavant's breach of the confidentiality agreement that he agreed to. There can be no question that he went back on his word, and did so out of a desire to further an unrelated political agenda. He is trying to play this out as a political move on the government's part, but that still doesn't change the fact that he did something he had promised not to do. While such a move may be acceptable to a politician's way of thinking, it still lacks any form of honour and integrity. This is not a man I would vote for no matter what party flag he was flying.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:i ageee vev byt to be fair his lawer says he was legal so i guess we wait

Considering no ones lawyer tends to say their client is guilty of wrong doing I'm unsure of your point here.

fluffy wrote:To me there are two separate issues here that Mr. Casavant is deliberately blurring to further his own political agenda. The right or wrong of ordering the cubs put to death by the supervisor, and Mr. Casavant's subsequent refusal to do so is one issue, one that was supposedly put to rest by the agreement to settle the grievance in exchange for a different job and signing the confidentiality agreement. The second, and central in my opinion, issue is that of Mr. Casavant's breach of the confidentiality agreement that he agreed to. There can be no question that he went back on his word, and did so out of a desire to further an unrelated political agenda. He is trying to play this out as a political move on the government's part, but that still doesn't change the fact that he did something he had promised not to do. While such a move may be acceptable to a politician's way of thinking, it still lacks any form of honour and integrity. This is not a man I would vote for no matter what party flag he was flying.

I agree. He is certainly not showing the qualities we should demand for a representative since he has shown that his promises and legal commitments mean nothing to him. Not dealing with the cubs I can understand, going back on the agreements he made after the resolution of that issue I cannot. Would he not be running for office this would be dealt with and the penalties stated in the contract enforced.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:horgan is no fool , he knows exactly what he is doing by having this guy on the team .

It just goes to show that horgan has no class. [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:horgan is no fool ,

Yet Horgan leads the NDP, so his actions bely your comment.

I read the article and I don't see who the "Canadian hero" is in this story, I just see some dufus who refused to do the job he was being paid for. Now he's running in a party rife with dufuses. Who is the hero here?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Rwede wrote:
And it's good that he's running for the NDP, as they attract losers that can't succeed in their careers all the time, both as candidates and as supporters.

The NDP really needs to broaden their pool of talent. If this bum is the best they could find, loss number 5 in a row is inevitable.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

to barb he was in canadian forces . they not heroic in your world ?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

to vev what proof you have he broke confidentiality ? taking clarks word is like believing mt polley was a act of god or that clark never used tax money for selfies

Return to “B.C.”