Christy vs a Canadian hero

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Christy vs a Canadian hero

Post by flamingfingers »

Considering the support Mr Casavant has from people in and out of BC for his decision to save the cubs despite his boss's orders, I think the government's actions to go after him for ALLEGEDLY breaching confidentiality will end up a costly endeavor - for the taxpayers - and won't make a fig of difference in Mr Casavant's election if the NDP approve his nomination.
Chill
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

its the right wing M.O. sue you to try to keep your mouth shut. and if they are going to possibly loose they plea bargain and pay your 6 mill in legal fees. kinda like the bc rail scandal.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Nowhere near BC Rail proportion. There were so many operatives, so many twists and turns involved in BCR sale that it would take a public enquiry at least 2 years for any 'responsibility' could be laid anywhere!! Why do you suppose the trial was halted JUST BEFORE BC Liberal government officials were scheduled to testify?

No, this Casavant issue is simply a government ploy to discredit a potential nominee for the NDP who I suspect they are very worried will take the seat away because Don McRae a longstanding Liberal MLA has stepped down and they are choosing another candidate to take his place. They are indeed worried and will do all they can to shade Mr Casavant, casting him in the worst possible light. But it won't work for them..
Chill
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

sooperphreek wrote:its the right wing M.O.

It's neither the right wing or left wing M.O., it's politics in general. The game Mr. Casavant is playing is nothing new, let's hold up a couple of cute little bear cubs to the camera and let everybody go "awwww", and hopefully they won't think about his ethical flip flops. He's trying to claim the moral high ground with the public and the press because he knows he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. It's the usual crap that plays out over and over again no matter what party is in power. He might have you guys fooled but I'm not buying it. Not for a second.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

flamingfingers wrote:No, this Casavant issue is simply a government ploy to discredit a potential nominee for the NDP who I suspect they are very worried will take the seat away because Don McRae a longstanding Liberal MLA has stepped down and they are choosing another candidate to take his place. They are indeed worried and will do all they can to shade Mr Casavant, casting him in the worst possible light. But it won't work for them..

Are you suggesting that the ploy Mr. Casavant is attempting is somehow ethically superior ? Boy, you've sure drunk the orange kool-aid, haven't you?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

fluffy wrote:

Are you suggesting that the ploy Mr. Casavant is attempting is somehow ethically superior ?

What 'ploy' is Casavant attempting? He talked about the bear cubs he rescued, he did not attack the government, took responsibility for not following his boss' orders and has been subjected to legal costs for upholding his stance in saving the two bear cubs.

I'm not sure that constitutes a 'ploy'!
Chill
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

hes left wing.....according to fence sitters and right wingers we always have a "ploy" on the left...
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

flamingfingers wrote:What 'ploy' is Casavant attempting?

I don't really think it's that you can't see it, it's more likely you don't want to see it.

What were your thoughts on Christy Clark's childhood sexual assault story? Was it a self-serving attempt at playing on people's emotions to make herself look good?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I don't really think it's that you can't see it, it's more likely you don't want to see it.

What were your thoughts on Christy Clark's childhood sexual assault story? Was it a self-serving attempt at playing on people's emotions to make herself look good?

My thoughts on ANYTHING that involves that free loading Christie Clark will be the same..........everything she does or says IS self-serving. If I read tomorrow her plane went down I can tell you the rest of my day will be excellent.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2016, 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off topic
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2016, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: discussing fellow posters not the topic
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

fluffy wrote:

Are you attempting to compare what Christy Clark said about her 'sexual assault' story and what Casavant has said about the bear cubs?

For openers, Christy Clark's story was unverifiable and there were no witnesses, nor did she report this 'story' to anyone at the time or shortly afterwards - in essence, it was a 'story', unsupported by facts.

Whereas what Casavant did to save the bear cubs is fact-based and well supported. If this so-called 'gag order' was supposed to prevent him from speaking about the bear cubs, is he supposed to deny that he in fact did save them? Or may be he should tell people when they ask about the bear cubs, that 'the government prohibits me from mentioning anything about these cubs.' That would probably raise a lot of questions about the government's actions.

ETA: Fluffy, if there were to be a discussion on 'ethics' as regards Christy Clark and her government, I am sure it would cause considerable mirth!!
Chill
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

flamingfingers wrote:Are you attempting to compare what Christy Clark said about her 'sexual assault' story and what Casavant has said about the bear cubs?

Yes, I am. Both are cheap attempts at emotional manipulation to advance a personal agenda. The active word there being "cheap".
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

clark withdraws lawsuit . reason? he did nothing wrong and he will infact get a settlement
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Casavant now in the clear in a situation that should never have seen the light of day except for the bullying of this present provincial government:

And now the latest chapter in this shaggy-bear story: On Oct. 14 (the 90th anniversary of the publication of the first Winnie the Pooh book) the government officially withdrew its legal complaint against Casavant.

“Following discussions, government has withdrawn its request for arbitration,” Finance Ministry spokeswoman Jessica McLaughlin confirmed. “We can’t go into further details.”

I asked the government how much money B.C. taxpayers spent on legal bills in the case.

“Information about these costs will be released as part of public accounts when the annual billing cycle is complete,” McLaughlin said, meaning the government won’t reveal how much this farce cost you until after the May election.

Casavant, 33, is relieved that the ordeal is over for now.

“It cost me a lot of time, money and anxiety,” he said, adding the terms of his original settlement with the government have not changed and he plans to keep speaking out on the campaign trail.

I suspect the government backed down to avoid further bad publicity over persecuting a man who saved two cute baby bears that the government originally wanted dead, proving true an old political adage: “When you’re in a hole, stop digging.

http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... bs-saviour
Chill

Return to “B.C.”