Police shootout on Hwy 1

cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Police shootout on Hwy 1

Post by cutter7 »

and bravo to that rock for mysteriously smashing the suspects skull in.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Mysteriously? One report I read he was trying to get across the river - that's a recipe for disaster right there.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

some additional info from the iio

In an interview with the Revelstoke Mountaineer, IIO spokesperson Aidan Buckley said that the IIO had released jurisdiction of the investigation because the flesh wound to Thunderblanket caused during the gunfire exchange near Golden didn’t meet the IIO’s mandated definition.

“That initial injury wouldn’t have met our definition of serious harm,” Buckley said. “There is no cause of a direct police action which resulted in the in [Thunderblanket’s death].”

and the article also tells us the coroner is still considering an inquest

B.C. Coroners Service spokesperson Barb McLintock said they continue to investigate the incident, saying it was too early to say how long the investigation would take.

She said the investigation will look at the entire incident, from Golden to Revelstoke to find out more.

She said one of the findings they would seek to would be to determine if this was an instance of an “in custody” death. She said she had seen the IIO’s statement from Oct. 28, which said Thunderblanket had fled from a roadblock east of Revelstoke. However, she said the issue of whether Thunderblanket was in custody will be part of the Coroners investigation.

“Sometimes there is a thin line when you are looking at pursuits from a legal point of view,” McLintock said. “It may end up going to a public inquest, but it’s too early to say.”

http://www.revelstokemountaineer.com/br ... fall-15787

when the iio opened up shop four years ago, and for at least a year or two, they didn't consider sexual assault by the rcmp to be covered by their mandate and so not worth investigating. that changed thank goodness.

it is amazing now thought to see this new era of the iio does not consider a gunshot wound to be worth investigating automatically.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Internal Investigations Office of BC has cleared the RCMP in the death of Sheldon Kyle Thunderblanket, saying he died of a head trauma consistent with a fall, despite the fact that he was struck by a bullet.

Really? "despite the fact"? Good grief - since when is a flesh wound comparable to death caused by head trauma?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”