Management of the Environment; An Election Issue?

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Management of the Environment; An Election Issue?

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:well one thing is to close a loophole so every boat with harmfull goods has a pilot . other cou tries do it we can to

That may be a good step, but I'd want to have a better understanding of what's involved before I'd push for it. Humans, being human, can introduce errors and make poor choices, but I don't doubt there are some circumstances where technology alone is not enough.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the only reason no pilot was onboard is loophole . close it
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:the only reason no pilot was onboard is loophole . close it

ETA: Never mind. The crew was rescued, so it was clearly manned. The loophole referred to hiring a local pilot. I should have checked before commenting.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:well one thing is to close a loophole so every boat with harmfull goods has a pilot . other cou tries do it we can to

And when the barge that delivers fuel to Bella Bella to run their generators for electricity all of a sudden costs more and the price of electricity goes up, you will be on these threads crying for a taxpayer subsidy for the poor folks.
Or should the proper response be...."If ya want the luxury of power, pay the cost of diesel generation or move to a place you are not hostage to the expense?"
I suppose the other option is to remain and live a "traditional FN existance" which as far as I am aware did not include diesel generation of electricity or fossil fuel powered boats. Why don't you ask the Bella Bella residents and see how many want to go back to that? Am thinking you are a cake and eat it too hypocrite. Quick to stand on a stump and preach but you have no cred as long as you drive a car and preach to your choir on these threads with your PC made from petroleum products that you can only afford because policies you desire are not reality.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”