maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Why Clark should not be premier

Post by maryjane48 »

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Why Clark should not be premier

Post by lesliepaul »

This poor excuse for a human being never mind premier should start flying between the coast and Kelowna more often. Especially in inclement weather and with only one pilot...........PLEASE!
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

"Your company has been short-listed to become a possible supplier of goods and services to the province. We promise we won't check to see if you've made a contribution to the Liberal party."
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

lesliepaul wrote:This poor excuse for a human being never mind premier should start flying between the coast and Kelowna more often. Especially in inclement weather and with only one pilot...........PLEASE!

Classy.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I'm not a supporter of Christy, due to other parties leadership is even worst what option is there.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

lesliepaul wrote:This poor excuse for a human being never mind premier should start flying between the coast and Kelowna more often. Especially in inclement weather and with only one pilot...........PLEASE!

Must not be any mirrors in your house.

I don't think people can look at themselves when they wish the deaths of other human beings.

The NDP has attracted some very low brow supporters, IMO.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

There are a good number of BC Liberal supporters, including you, RWede, who wish that Christy Clark would step aside and allow someone more worthy to lead the ChristyLiberals. Even before she became leader of the party, I said she was a brainless, airheaded dingbat and was attacked, villified and insulted for my statements. She has since proven to indeed be a brainless, airheaded dingbat. It is doubtful that there is a person within the realm of the ChristyLiberals who is not as corrupt as she!!

It appears now that I will have little choice but to support the NDP despite my attempts to convince people to vote for independents in every riding in BC... but at least I know that if the NDP is elected they will have every single move they make, every single speech criticized by the MSM and legislative reporters - who have failed to do JUST THAT throughout the 16-year, scandal-plagued rule by this present government.

Change is something that needs to happen next May and I don't for an instant believe BC under the NDP will be devastated over the ensuing 4 years.
Chill
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Must not be any mirrors in your house.

I don't think people can look at themselves when they wish the deaths of other human beings.

The NDP has attracted some very low brow supporters, IMO.

[/quote]

Rwede..........so lets get this straight .......in your world nobody can speak negatively of anything Liberal. My complete and utter disgust is with this POS premier and the list of reasons is endless. Why you attach NDP to my comment is something that I cannot understand. In fact, what this provincial Liberal party needs is a cleansing and eviscerating of at least 6 current, long in the tooth "pigs at the trough". You no doubt would disagree because you feel you are getting your moneys worth.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Rwede wrote:Must not be any mirrors in your house.

(My bold)
Totally agree, Rwede. Interesting the posters on here who suggest we declare open season on other posters, and wish politicians dead, figure it's absolutely ok to post this sort of thing.

Me, I'd much rather have Clark for premier than someone who suggests someone should die just because they don't agree with them, or don't like them. And I wonder what sort of premier this sort of person would approve.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

interesting how people that will morally preach about a figure of speech - will vote for actions of turning their backs on immigrants because of where they are from. lamenting trudeaus immigration policies is as good as killing those people yourselves if you vote for the party that doesnt want them here and then whining about trudeau bringing them here.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

This type of corrupt behavior on Christy Clark's part is one of the major reasons I cannot stomach the will to vote for the ChristyLiberals:

B.C.’s political fundraising makes a mockery of democracy
GARY MASON
VANCOUVER — The Globe and Mail
Published Friday, Oct. 28, 2016 8:17PM EDT
Last updated Friday, Oct. 28, 2016 8:20PM EDT
19 Comments

It is doubtful the news that B.C.’s Supreme Court is being petitioned to throw out rulings that cleared Christy Clark of conflict-of-interest allegations connected to her fundraising activities incited any emergency meetings of the Premier’s Liberal government.

In fact, I doubt Ms. Clark even tried stifling a yawn over the matter.

The fundraising free-for-all in B.C. is a national disgrace. There are virtually no rules, which is exactly the way the governing Liberals like it. They are far more adept at raising money from their rich, corporate donors than the New Democratic Party is at hitting up cash-strapped unions. It gives the Liberals a massive financial – and ultimately electoral – advantage they refuse to give up.

Almost as pathetic are the rationalizations being proffered these days by friends of the provincial Liberals in defence of the status quo, the lamest being that this is the way it has always worked. Yes, it worked that way in other provinces as well until people awoke to the ugly moral and ethical quagmires a fundraising method like B.C.’s creates.

In most cases, public outrage with a “system” that was profoundly undemocratic generated the change.

Either way, the current fundraising system in B.C. is a sham, and fundamentally dishonest. It allows the elites to continue to call the shots, while average citizens are forced to abide by what they say.
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Whichever comes first Provincial election or Liberal Leadership, with first one voters of BC will pick who they want leading this Province. With second one Liberal party members can have a vote of no confidence, which if successful would result in new leader needed.

would either happen, who knows
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote: Even before she became leader of the party, I said she was a brainless, airheaded dingbat and was attacked, villified and insulted for my statements. She has since proven to indeed be a brainless, airheaded dingbat.

A lot of people have been attacked, vilified and insulted for pointing out that Trudeau, Christy's best bud, is a brainless, air-headed dingbat, and he has since proven to indeed be a brainless, airheaded dingbat. Which just goes to show how weak the Opposition is in both BC and at the federal level right now, that both of these brainless, airheaded dingbats are still so popular.

It appears now that I will have little choice but to support the NDP

Yes, we are all completely shocked by this. Almost as shocked as finding out that Bill and Hillary's marriage is a sham.

despite my attempts to convince people to vote for independents in every riding in BC...

So you aren't going to practice what you preach eh? So weird. That's quite the strategy though, start up a campaign on a forum perused by a few hundred/thousand people, then when it inevitably fails given it had no chance of ever succeeding, throw up your hands and admit what we already all knew, allegiance to the NDP. Just amazing.

but at least I know that if the NDP is elected they will have every single move they make, every single speech criticized by the MSM and legislative reporters - who have failed to do JUST THAT throughout the 16-year, scandal-plagued rule by this present government.

So what? That's pure cold comfort. Handing power to a bunch of NDP psychopaths completely controlled by unions and who are just as or even more corrupt than the current band of thieves we have in power is still a bad idea, no matter who is criticizing them. No one should ever vote NDP, ever. They are a disease.

Change is something that needs to happen next May and I don't for an instant believe BC under the NDP will be devastated over the ensuing 4 years.

Of course you don't believe it, but BC's economy will suffer, the idiot NDP will put in even more taxes, and they'll go right back to doing back-room deals with the BCTF and give them back control of class size and composition, leading the Liberals four years later to have to reverse all of the idiotic conflict of interest crap done by the NDP and heading right back to court, AGAIN, to waste millions of taxpayer dollars fighting against the unions being given powers they shouldn't have and would only be given by politicians who are in their pockets. You can not believe for an instant that the BC will suffer, but BC will suffer greatly. And if you don't get this, go and talk to the people of Manitoba, who are still crawling out from under a giant steaming pile of NDP stupidity.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^ Are you again foaming at the mouth, GB?

We all know how you HATE the NDP and are so supportive of the ChristyLiberals that you will do a Bendover to pay the fees and administrative costs that you refuse to see are 'taxes'.

How you or anyone can support this corrupt, dishonest and secretive ChristyLiberal government causes a lot of us to question your moral integrity.
Chill
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Absolutely no issues looking in the mirror...........ever. You found my comment disturbing, so be it. Lets go back to last year and the 100's of comments involving Kelowna's "Rainbow Crosswalk" and the LBGTQ. You want to talk about vile and personnel attack comments made and SUPPORTED by many posters here AGAINST those who find that way of life against their own personnel beliefs. I suppose you can look past all of that depending on which side of the fence you stand on.

Return to “B.C.”