Pipelines

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Pipelines

Postby Snman » Jan 21st, 2018, 8:43 pm

Nepal, I reviewed your list of things we can do away with and noticed that without the first three there will way less sex.

Catsumi likes this post.
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 767 posts

Postby Deean » Jan 21st, 2018, 8:44 pm

Like the budget, perhaps Trudeau imagines the environment will take care of itself also.

Catsumi likes this post.
Deean
Fledgling

Liked in: 86 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 1st, 2018, 12:11 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4513370

While Notley continues to threaten B.C. with court action, Heyman politely states that B.C. continues to agree to disagree with Alberta. Notley never once mentions (at least I've never heard her) the bond her government has put up to deal with spill response. Nor have I heard Kinder Morgan's or the multinational Alberta oil corporations' spill response plans. Is Trudeau going to come out and dip his toes into sunken bitumen in English Bay when a spill occurs and pontificate how sad he is about what happened? Does he think his tears are going to bring our aquatic creatures back to life?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 750 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:08 am

PM vows to build Trans Mtn.
The Canadian Press - Feb 1, 2018 / 10:01 am | St

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the Kinder Morgan oil pipeline expansion will happen despite British Columbia's latest attempt to hinder the project.

Speaking on Edmonton talk radio station CHED on Thursday, Trudeau said the pipeline, which would take Alberta crude to the West Coast for shipment to Asian markets, is in the national interest and will go ahead.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/21 ... -Trans-Mtn
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

3 people like this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3034 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:24 am

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-not-backing-down-on-fight-against-pipeline-expansion-despite-alberta-s-threats-1.4513370

While Notley continues to threaten B.C. with court action, Heyman politely states that B.C. continues to agree to disagree with Alberta. Notley never once mentions (at least I've never heard her) the bond her government has put up to deal with spill response. Nor have I heard Kinder Morgan's or the multinational Alberta oil corporations' spill response plans. Is Trudeau going to come out and dip his toes into sunken bitumen in English Bay when a spill occurs and pontificate how sad he is about what happened? Does he think his tears are going to bring our aquatic creatures back to life?

Heyman is behaving like a spoiled brat having a tantrum. Daddy says "no" and wee George is on the floor kicking his feet.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 1st, 2018, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 8877 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:33 am

It is not 'crude oil' that's coming from the Alberta 'oil' sands; it's diluted bitumen. That just goes to show how much Trudeau knows about that crap being mined in northern Alberta. And was all that big talk over in Paris just another Trudeau lie? How does he think we're going to meet our carbon targets if he allows the Alberta multinational oil corporations to ramp up the bitumen sands operations?

If the feds have spent millions of our tax dollars on spill response, why haven't they been able to clean up simple diesel spills in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago, plus bunker fuel in English Bay?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Urbane » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:33 am

I have mixed feelings about Trudeau at the moment, more to the negative side than the positive, but I give him credit for sticking with his decision on the Kinder Morgan pipeline. Horgan has broken a lot of promises already but his promise to try to block the KM pipeline is one promise he should actually break.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10904 posts

Postby Queen K » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:39 am

Urbane wrote:I have mixed feelings about Trudeau at the moment, more to the negative side than the positive, but I give him credit for sticking with his decision on the Kinder Morgan pipeline. Horgan has broken a lot of promises already but his promise to try to block the KM pipeline is one promise he should actually break.

OH but wait, is endangered habitat going to be lost? Let's wait for Gone_Fishin's review on this and decide if Horgan should break his promise or not.
It must be nice to live in an Ivory Tower, where everyone else makes mistakes. I have no idea what an ivory tower looks like.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12674 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 1st, 2018, 5:22 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 1st, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 4:19 pm

This is in regard to pipelines:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau ... -1.4516953
"We wanted a national carbon reduction plan, a national emissions plan that is going to allow us to reach our climate goals, to reach our Paris commitments, but in order to do that, part of movig forward is approving the Kinder Morgan pipeline."

Say what? Your 3-part plan to safely export Cdn resources, protect the BC coastline and meet carbon emission targets is to build more pipelines? Has it ever occurred to you that your gobble-d-gook makes no sense? We wouldn't need more carbon reduction and more ocean protection if we didn't build more pipelines. Alberta's oil boom bubble burst in 2014 and has never recovered to the point where the 'oil sands' are a viable operation. Hundreds of workers lost their jobs and have moved on to better things.

The US is the only country that gets our bitumen cheap and can refine it and sell it for a huge profit (much of it back to us). Asia is either going green or using natural gas from other countries that can sell it and make a profit (something that Canada can't do). Why can't Notley and Trudeau get it through their thick skulls that it's time to find another cash-cow? This one's been milked dry.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby LTD » Feb 2nd, 2018, 4:43 pm

wow you really are an uninformed person
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2778 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 4:47 pm

LTD wrote:wow you really are an uninformed person

How so?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 2nd, 2018, 4:55 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
LTD wrote:wow you really are an uninformed person

How so?

Just look at the comments of the 23 others on this forum that have already told you so and have provided credible links and pointed out the misinformation that you have attempted to pass as legitimate.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3034 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 5:19 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Why can't Notley and Trudeau get it through their thick skulls that it's time to find another cash-cow? This one's been milked dry.

LOL - ok I'll bite. What other "cash-cows" are there out there? And bear in mind, if you say "Green Energy" I will throw up.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15947 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 5:21 pm

Cactusflower wrote: And was all that big talk over in Paris just another Trudeau lie? How does he think we're going to meet our carbon targets if he allows the Alberta multinational oil corporations to ramp up the bitumen sands operations?

1. Who cares about those stupid targets. The Paris Accord sucks.
2. Which "Alberta multi-national oil corporations (LOL) are you talking about? I am curious as you keep using this phrase, and it's clear you have no clue what you are actually talking about.

If the feds have spent millions of our tax dollars on spill response, why haven't they been able to clean up simple diesel spills in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago, plus bunker fuel in English Bay?

Have they not cleaned them up? I apologize but I have difficulty taking anything you say seriously, as it's so often completely (and usually intentionally) wrong.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

alanjh595 likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15947 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room