Pipelines

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Pipelines

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 6:23 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote: And was all that big talk over in Paris just another Trudeau lie? How does he think we're going to meet our carbon targets if he allows the Alberta multinational oil corporations to ramp up the bitumen sands operations?

1. Who cares about those stupid targets. The Paris Accord sucks.
2. Which "Alberta multi-national oil corporations (LOL) are you talking about? I am curious as you keep using this phrase, and it's clear you have no clue what you are actually talking about.

If the feds have spent millions of our tax dollars on spill response, why haven't they been able to clean up simple diesel spills in Hartley Bay and the Broughton Archipelago, plus bunker fuel in English Bay?

Have they not cleaned them up? I apologize but I have difficulty taking anything you say seriously, as it's so often completely (and usually intentionally) wrong.

Google is your friend.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 750 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Feb 2nd, 2018, 7:36 pm

Refine the stuff in Alberta!! Leave the glop where it originated and sell the refined product in Canada/US or Asian markets.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

christopher likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6296 posts

Postby JagXKR » Feb 2nd, 2018, 7:44 pm

I have to hand it to JT today. Was wondering if he ever would get any nads. Handled the eco terrorists fairly well in Nanaimo.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 926 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:11 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Google is your friend.

ha I knew it, just more lies. Sigh why do I bother.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15921 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:11 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Refine the stuff in Alberta!! Leave the glop where it originated and sell the refined product in Canada/US or Asian markets.

It's so simple! And while we are at it, start trapping all of those unicorn farts too!
- Dr. Don Boys

Urbane likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby twobits » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:36 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Google is your friend.

Google is your friend but only when you choose to read all of the links it brings up instead of just the ones that support your position. You are the classic example of an informed voter VS an uninformed voter. And you definitely fall in the latter.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 2769 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:43 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Refine the stuff in Alberta!! Leave the glop where it originated and sell the refined product in Canada/US or Asian markets.

That's not going to happen. Refineries, especially bitumen refineries, cost a lot of money to build and Big Oil is not about to spend it if they can get their toxic sludge to tidewater and shipped that way.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:44 pm

JagXKR wrote:I have to hand it to JT today. Was wondering if he ever would get any nads. Handled the eco terrorists fairly well in Nanaimo.

Yes, for once I had to respect JT. His virtue-signaling vacuous gesture routine wasn't playing to the crowd, so he had to get real, and actually be a leader. Amazing actually. I know people will think this isn't a compliment, but it is - he reminded me of Trump actually. Finally standing up to the lunatic fringe and telling them where they can stick it.

In case you were wondering if these people that are showing up and screaming at these town halls aren't mentally ill, have a look folks. These people are bat- :cuss: crazy.

- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:47 pm

JagXKR wrote:I have to hand it to JT today. Was wondering if he ever would get any nads. Handled the eco terrorists fairly well in Nanaimo.

Yes, he was quite adept at calling his security detail to deal with the hecklers, wasn't he?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:47 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
That's not going to happen. Refineries, especially bitumen refineries, cost a lot of money to build and Big Oil is not about to spend it if they can get their toxic sludge to tidewater and shipped that way.

so now not only are you an expert on building roads in BC, and on hospital towers in Penticton, but an expert on building oil refineries too. Just amazing!
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:48 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Yes, he was quite adept at calling his security detail to deal with the hecklers, wasn't he?

I would have liked to have seen them haul out the tazers on those nut-bags. It would have been priceless!
- Dr. Don Boys

Snman likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 9:55 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

so now not only are you an expert on building roads in BC, and on hospital towers in Penticton, but an expert on building oil refineries too. Just amazing!

You're too kind. :biggrin: Contrary to what 'twobits' and the rest of you believe, I spend a lot of time doing my homework on a lot of issues. You would be wise to do the same.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby JagXKR » Feb 2nd, 2018, 10:40 pm

Cactusflower wrote:

That's what they are there for. Do you not want them to do their job? Would you like that he was not protected? He is the leader of the nation and has a constant security to deal with whack jobs. That piece of garbage could not control herself, what makes you think she would not go further and resort to violence. She was disturbing a forum for her eco terrorist agenda. Getting her and her cohort removed was the right thing to do, period.
BTW, the woman who later threw a bottle needs to be jailed.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 926 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 2nd, 2018, 11:06 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
You're too kind. :biggrin: Contrary to what 'twobits' and the rest of you believe, I spend a lot of time doing my homework on a lot of issues. You would be wise to do the same.

For someone who apparently does their homework, you get caught out in lies an awful lot. Maybe if you stopped deliberately lying, people would take your posts more seriously. If you had done your homework on Penticton hospital for instance, people wouldn't be laughing at you right now.

I do believe you read a lot, but it's mostly garbage, from what I can tell. Fear-mongering garbage. And that's to your detriment.
- Dr. Don Boys

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 2nd, 2018, 11:33 pm

JagXKR wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

That's what they are there for. Do you not want them to do their job? Would you like that he was not protected? He is the leader of the nation and has a constant security to deal with whack jobs. That piece of garbage could not control herself, what makes you think she would not go further and resort to violence. She was disturbing a forum for her eco terrorist agenda. Getting her and her cohort removed was the right thing to do, period.
BTW, the woman who later threw a bottle needs to be jailed.

Oh, my bad........I thought you meant he handled the hecklers all by himself.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room