NDP continue the same old path

Veovis
Guru

NDP continue the same old path

Post by Veovis »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#181893

The newest in their long line of campaign style that has failed for the past elections all over the country, and they just keep doubling down. Today it's, "let's eliminate the bear hunt fringe groups dislike it". A few days ago it was promises of $15/hour min wage and cheap daycare (almost like they didn't learn from Mulcairs failure at those BS promises)

May is getting close, the NDP farther away from looking like a real party and not just fringe group jargon.

We are all tired of the current administration but repeating failed strategies just tells me the garbage we have is still better than the failures that want the job.

Disband the NDP, and Cons and form a new party of rational people that maybe have some skills and can be a viable option, until then we will either get NDP ruin or continued Liberal crap.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: NDP continue the same old path

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Instead of just dragging parties down, why not get proactive and TELL the 'other parties' what you would find attractive enough to vote for?

If you have well-thought out alternatives to existing party policies, let them know!!

You might possibly get the ChristyLiberals to actually think about alternatives to their same old, same old policies, eh?
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Instead of just dragging parties down, why not get proactive and TELL the 'other parties' what you would find attractive enough to vote for?

If you have well-thought out alternatives to existing party policies, let them know!!

You might possibly get the ChristyLiberals to actually think about alternatives to their same old, same old policies, eh?

I have said what the NDP need to do to compete many times in many threads. The fact it fell on deaf ears has no fault on myself. The party is too full of conflicting special interest groups and not enough of a group to be able to functionally lead, the best bet is to scrap it as I said, scrap the cons in BC and form a party out of the non lunatic people from both.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Veovis wrote:

I have said what the NDP need to do to compete many times in many threads. The fact it fell on deaf ears has no fault on myself. The party is too full of conflicting special interest groups and not enough of a group to be able to functionally lead, the best bet is to scrap it as I said, scrap the cons in BC and form a party out of the non lunatic people from both.

Exactly. It has become a party with no real policy but instead a party that tries to cobble together varying groups of people with vastly different objectives. There is no cohesive link between these different groups other than "they hate Christy". And that will never be enough to form a gov't because most people are pretty rational about how they vote in the booth and in the end, it is better the devil you know than a hodge podge of outlyers that the NDP is. People are more concerned with what actual policy is rather than gender equality and inclusion of sexual preference in candidates.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

To the dismay of many, John Horgan skipped a Green Jobs BC event earlier this evening. He's caught between two factions of the party, i.e. the environmentalists and the unionists. So he's trying to say as little as possible while crossing his fingers and hoping that people are sick and tired of Christy Clark and the Liberals enough to give him a blank cheque.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

NDP. RIP.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

so lets get this straight , when the majority want a dam its all good but when the majority want grizzly hunts ended its fringe ? lol no wonder criminals like clark get voted in . the only way to change things is start booting the bad out like we did with harper
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Instead of just dragging parties down, why not get proactive and TELL the 'other parties' what you would find attractive enough to vote for?

I have to admit, I actually agree with you here. I am now scanning the skies for the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: . the only way to change things is start booting the bad out like we did with harper

and with the NDP in BC in 2001.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Political Parties are little like leopards, they don't change their spots (this is were the difference is only the head changes).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

As an added note, I haven't been able to support the NDP in the past, moved here in 95 so missed that era and by the time I had a chance to vote here I'd seen what we had, hence why I have noted in the past elections and discussions things the NDP need, in fact for the wonderful people here who do like the NDP feel free to pass it along.

They need a budget, not just a platform. The budget reflects a an actual platform, bring out a fully released budget (as the current government will some what have done already)

Get away from these grand BS offering. The newest is cheap daycare and jacked minimum wages. These have been promised as hopes, not realities of ability to actually provide.

Cut the "we will tax the rich" jargon. Put out an actual listing of your proposed tax changes and how they work with your proposed budget and if there are tax increases you can validate them with what the budget backs up as being better than the current government.

Stop catering to fringe groups, create in your party an acceptance not obedience for extremist attitudes towards minor things that will have majority costs. For instance, the bear hunt is not a major issue and will not garner that many votes, but will keep your image of "bow to the hippies" quite alive. It is nothing a press announcement was needed.

Stop saying no. There needs to be a balance, Alberta is currently trying to pretend they aren't the same old "no no no" NDP, but haven't fooled anyone, don't pull that garbage, find a way to say yes to smart things that advance our province, instead of saying no to again please the extremists.

Clean house. Your MLA's shouldn't be a collection of goofs, get some strong qualified professional as the majority, not the minority. These people exist and are inclined to the left side of politics, they just hate the extremists (like most average people do).

Convince people you aren't full of BS when you try to say your party has moved more to the middle. To do so will require public removal of some of the People. Keep in mind the party has a strong image, and it's not an electable one. I don't care if you think they didn't deserve to be booted, it's not about feelings, it's about fielding an electable group.....do you want to win or not.

I could go on, but I can bet every word will fall on deaf ears, but those are real items that the party needs to really fix.

Right now it's between the NDP and LIB in BC, and the route the current NDP are taking, they don't have a chance.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

While you say that the NDP are saying, 'no,no,no" to various issues, you would discover they are NOT saying 'no' but are putting up qualifiers re: cost vs benefit, environmental (government oversight that is EFFECTIVE), and proper business plans in place before these projects are undertaken (Site C needs BCUC evaluation, Massey Tunnel needs investigation). But the MSM does not report these interactions.

But then again, I see that you have already made up your mind, so I won't waste any more of my time.
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Yep, site C been bouncing around since the 80's.... in that time BCUC has done nothing into cost vs benefit etc... etc.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GordonH wrote:Yep, site C been bouncing around since the 80's.... in that time BCUC has done nothing into cost vs benefit etc... etc.

Where have you been? The BCUC has rejected Site C proposals twice. This time around, the ChristyLiberals refused to allow the BCUC to review the Site C plan... because they knew the BCUC would put a stopper to it AGAIN!!
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

By the time the next election happens progress on Site C would be past the point of stopping, I'm guessing.

Return to “B.C.”