1,900 New Campsites to be Opened

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: 1,900 New Campsites to be Opened

Post by hobbyguy »

It would be really nice if the campgrounds get more upgrades, similar to Fintry where a sani-dump is going in. If you go to places like Steam Boat Rock, or Pearyginn in Washington...our campgrounds look pretty rudimentary.

But more spaces in the high demand areas is a really good idea. I have a hunch though that 1,900 spaces is not going to be enough. There is a LOT of pent up demand - folks who gave up because they can never get a space in the summer. And then there are all those red and white license plates to add in.

1,900 spaces is a start though... a lot better than nothing.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I believe that there are going to be a lot of sanitation upgrades for campsites.

As for the red plates taking up all the campsites, well if these forums are to be believed none of them can afford to go camping right now nor can they fit the time in between their busy job searches.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The red and white plates are a good thing if we have enough spaces. Tourist dollars and all that.

I would think that as more family budgets are tight, camping holidays become a more popular option.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

They should maybe consider portioning some spaces for BC residents as a priority. It would be a shame for those who live here to miss out on their parks. I feel especially sorry for those who live in cities who don't get many chances to connect with nature or even really have a yard. I get cranky if I have been out of the mountains for too long.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

hobbyguy wrote: If you go to places like Steam Boat Rock, .

That's a nice looking Campground/RV Park. Drove through it a couple of years ago and would like to stay there sometime.

Too bad we can't have similar places here for some of the bigger units too.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Tony wrote:In reality, camping, OD's AND low income housing are all different items.

It's called "prioritizing".
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Atomoa wrote:
It's called "prioritizing".

You seem to lack the basic understanding on how government works....
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Hassel99 wrote:You seem to lack the basic understanding on how government works....

This is BC. The government screws everyone, people are dieing in the streets and single family children are in poverty but suckers like you get bought off with campsites so it continues. What am I missing?

- Buckminster Fuller
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Would you rather invest in revenue generating projects or just give your money away?
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Atomoa, Are you suggesting that nobody is doing anything at all about OD's?

Like I said before, these are separate unrelated issues, with separate solutions and separate teams working on them.

Are you the head of a household? Do you get upset at your kid for raking the leaves while your other kid has an important homework assignment due that is "higher priority"?
Last edited by Omnitheo on Dec 1st, 2016, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

UuuMmmm...to whom are you posing your questions? ^^^^^^^^
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Omnitheo wrote:Atomoa, Are you suggesting that nobody is doing anything at all about OD's?

What are they doing, making fentanyl illegal?

That sure worked with marijuana, cocaine, crack and heroin.

- Buckminster Fuller
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

This thread is starting to derail, but if you're really curious about government response to fentanyl crisis, it was a simple google search.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2016HLTH0083-002396

Back on the camping topic though, anyone have a favourite location in BC to camp?
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Why would anyone object to have campsites?You have to be a real idiot to do that. :cuss:
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Fintry is my favorite in the Okanagan. Mc Donald Creek is really nice spot to kick back, but really hard to get into in the summer.

Return to “B.C.”