BC Teacher Fired for Having the Wrong Opinion

Glacier
The Pilgrim

BC Teacher Fired for Having the Wrong Opinion

Post by Glacier »

What happened to the teacher over the ensuing few days sounds like something out of the Cultural Revolution in Mao’s China, where people were subjected to what were known as ideological struggle sessions, forced to “confess” to various imagined sins before large crowds, and roundly denounced.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... ng-opinion
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Re: BC Teacher Fired for Having the Wrong Opinion

Post by Veovis »

That is nuts. He didn't say anything was wrong, he made a comparison to feelings vs actual law statutes.

Might be an interesting lawsuit in the future for wrongful dismissal as learning isn't about feelings it's about expanding critical thought not hoping the world will bend to a closed mind.

IN fact the school engaged a group to tell everyone that no one is a man or a woman, therefore making the students argument that "he is not entitled to his opinion as he is a man" a point that the student should perhaps be expelled for breaking the gender neutral acceptance of the school policy.

All in all, it's just stupid.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Veovis wrote:
All in all, it's just stupid.

That says it all.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The differences between public & private schools.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

great example of why unions are still needed
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Removed by poster.
Last edited by w84u2 on Dec 8th, 2016, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

It looks as though some elite private schools agenda is to create politically correct social justice warriors, and our tax dollars are at work subsidizing this.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Hurtlander wrote:It looks as though some elite private schools agenda is to create politically correct social justice warriors, and our tax dollars are at work subsidizing this.

the problem is the teachers have zero protection at these private schools .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:the problem is the teachers have zero protection at these private schools .

They can unionize if they want, just not with BCTF
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote:
They can unionize if they want, just not with BCTF

Which would mean getting a union that actually is a teacher's union, not a morally bankrupt backward thinking SJW-funding political dinosaur that the BCTF has become.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

A little later, the class had a five-minute break, and when it resumed, several students didn’t return, among them a popular young woman who had gone to an administrator to complain that what the teacher said had “triggered” her such that she felt “unsafe” and that, in any case, he had no right to an opinion on the subject of abortion because he was a man.

The school, for the record, is a witheringly progressive one.

This just burns my butt. Where are the parents? They should not be tolerating this behavior from their daughter, as it's mean-spirited and awful to destroy this man's career like this. This whole "safe" nonsense has to stop. You don't get to scream "I don't feel safe" every time someone says something you disagree with. It's this kind of PC crap that is going to lead to a counter-revolution, and Kevin O'Leary as our next prime minister. Mark my words.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Teenage girls have the potential to be the nastiest creatures on earth.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

And spoiled rich teenage girls are encouraged to indulge in their nastiness.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

The Green Barbarian wrote: This whole "safe" nonsense has to stop. You don't get to scream "I don't feel safe" every time someone says something you disagree with. It's this kind of PC crap that is going to lead to a counter-revolution, and Kevin O'Leary as our next prime minister. Mark my words.

It's a scary thought but it's already happened in the U.S. and it can easily happen here.

I absolutely despise this kind of garbage. The young woman who did this is a spoiled, intolerant, fool who is going to wake up as an adult one day and realize that very few people actually give a rat's *bleep* about her feelings on this and many other issues. That's just the way life, as an adult is.

An opportunity was missed here, to teach her the difference between encountering differing opinions and feeling threatened or "unsafe." This type of action does nothing to prepare this princess for life in the real world. Shame on this school for the way they handled this.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

What bothers me the most about this current trend is that these "schools" are producing people that are not going to be able to cope in society.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “B.C.”