Rollovers

strebor

Rollovers

Post by strebor »

I love it.. all this news coming in about rollover and the question is why??!! I'll tell you why. Lack of skill, lack of knowledge, lack of patience.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Rollovers

Post by Bsuds »

Too much speed and stupid behind the wheel.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I look at it as cheap entertainment for us and an expensive lesson for them.

Personally I would rather have the bad drivers eliminate themselves rather than kill a someone else.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Don't you guys know, all wheel drive and all season tires regardless of wear makes you invincible on the road.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

The roads from Kelowna to the chairlifts at Big White are littered with 'expert' drivers.

It's a virtual Indianapolis Speedway during the snowy months...

morons in the ditch from town and back again.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Barney Google wrote:The roads from Kelowna to the chairlifts at Big White are littered with 'expert' drivers.

morons in the ditch from town and back again.

That's their way of showing charity towards towing companies. :laugh:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Barney Google wrote:The roads from Kelowna to the chairlifts at Big White are littered with 'expert' drivers.

I drive one of the busses taking skiers up there, and actually had a laugh while coming down the hill yesterday morning.
Several people driving up were flashing their lights warning me of something ( thank you everyone ) and as I was getting close to the bridge I saw several tracks from where someone had spun out.
After the next corner I saw brake lights ahead, and finally saw the genius parked at the side of the road.
From the looks of things his tires were probably bald, and due to the tracks I am certain that he made at least 5 attempts at the hill.

I have to say that he's sure a persistent bugger.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I took that highway from Merritt to Kelowna yesterday, and roads were indeed crappy in some areas. Saw couple of people spun out.

Don't see why would anybody "love it all" while reading the news about people getting hurt unless you like stroking your ego and feel superior at every misfortune of others. That's one way to feel your life with positivity, I guess.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote:I took that highway from Merritt to Kelowna yesterday, and roads were indeed crappy in some areas. Saw couple of people spun out.

Don't see why would anybody "love it all" while reading the news about people getting hurt unless you like stroking your ego and feel superior at every misfortune of others. That's one way to feel your life with positivity, I guess.

No superiority, no ego..... I drive with basic common sense, which equals driving according road conditions not according to posted speed limits (some drivers ignore road conditions & continue to drive at 110). Also with snowflake rated winter tires that have good amount of tread.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

There needs to be a special endorsement for winter mountain driving. If you don't have you don't get to drive it.

I spend 12 hour shifts behind the wheel of a plow tuck clearing the roads, some of the stupid I see is unbelievable.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

stuphoto wrote:I look at it as cheap entertainment for us and an expensive lesson for them.

Personally I would rather have the bad drivers eliminate themselves rather than kill a someone else.

Cheap entertainment??? We pay for their stupidity through our ICBC rates. Nothing cheap about it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

speeders in 4 wheel drive thinking they can drive there cars like the commercials on tv :laugh: and lack of proper winter tiers

and in general, most people are morons,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

the truth wrote:speeders in 4 wheel drive thinking they can drive there cars like the commercials on tv :laugh: and lack of proper winter tiers

and in general, most people are morons,

Why Truth I had no idea you have so little faith in humanity...lol [icon_lol2.gif]

You should vent that every once in a while... :spitcoffee:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I will try harder in the new year [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

TreeGuy wrote:I spend 12 hour shifts behind the wheel of a plow tuck clearing the roads, some of the stupid I see is unbelievab

I plowed 33 and Big White back in the mid 70's with the Old highways crew 'we were told get off the hill by 7:30 am . We had a grader on top and 2trucks coming up for plowing and sanding before the idiot's came up the hill. Didn't work for me one day. I had the center line coming down, a truck behind and the grader. Guy in a Fiat and a guy in a Cutlass were racing up, the Fiat saw me, hit the brakes lost it. I went into the ditch to get out of his way and he nailed me on the drivers side under belly. Ripped his car in half . He lived . Looks like thing haven't changed much.

Return to “B.C.”