Another BC Liberal Mistake ?

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Another BC Liberal Mistake ?

Post by Hurtlander »

Did Christy violate international trade laws ?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#186347
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Another BC Liberal Mistake ?

Post by flamingfingers »

Christy respecting 'laws'????

:laugh:
Chill
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

So the Provincial government promoting and selling local BC wines is seen by you two as a bad thing?

I guess if you NEED something to complain about then "wine not" :D
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

It might not be a bad thing for BC but it is not very similar to what Trump is promoting, "protectionism". It is a very fine line. Like Washington state saying certain types of retailers can sell nothing but Washington Lumber.

EDIT TO ADD:

Are our wineries etc.not trying to get borders opened up across Canada so they can ship their products easier. Does something like this help that process?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Chyren wrote:So the Provincial government promoting and selling local BC wines is seen by you two as a bad thing?

I guess if you NEED something to complain about then "wine not" :D

Seen by just the two of us as a bad thing ? You've either not picked up a news paper in recent history, or you've somehow personally profited from the governments decision to sell only BC wine in grocery stores. To make a mockery of anyone showing concern about Christy's potentially violating international trade law, so some of her constituents and big money supporters can increase their profit margins says much about you....
It isn't only California wine producers challenging this under NAFTA and the WTO, wine producers from South America, Australia and New Zeland have also gone to the WTO for a ruling on this....
http://www.pqbnews.com/news/401552265.html
ETA: I'm completely in favour of wine in grocery stores, I'd also like to purchase beer in grocery stores, but I don't support the government dictating what brand of wine (or beer if it ever comes to that) I can purchase in grocery stores.
Póg Mo Thoin
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The libs say they will fight this. How much of our tax $$ are they going to spend. The US has won every single time they have fought this type of thing. With an election looming , it's too bad there isn't a quick reference guide to search all their blunders.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Chill
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

It really is bizarre that our provincial government thinks it's perfectly acceptable to restrict certain liquor licenses to selling only BC wine, but on the other hand they believe American home builders should have full access to BC softwood lumber in American lumber yards..
There's numerous occasions where our provincial government has failed to look at the big picture, at its cost the taxpayer in the end...
Póg Mo Thoin
Gypsylady
Fledgling

Post by Gypsylady »

that is great that the lib.s must go, but what will take their place?Until we get another part to knock them off we are stuck. :smt045
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Gypsylady wrote:that is great that the lib.s must go, but what will take their place?Until we get another part to knock them off we are stuck. :smt045

They don't necessarily need to be knocked off per say....if the libs won a minority government they'd have to learn to cooperate and play nicely with the other parties, they would no longer be the puppets of major big dollar contributors, and more importantly, the liberal party executive will probably strongly suggest that Christy step down from her throne for the good of the party.
Póg Mo Thoin
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Gypsylady wrote:that is great that the lib.s must go, but what will take their place?Until we get another part to knock them off we are stuck. :smt045

you may be stuck but only way send message is boot the bums out .
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

In my mind a minority government is kind of a waste of time but would serve notice to both parties to do better. I was hopeful of that last time until Dix opened his mouth. I only hope Horgan learned something.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “B.C.”