Evil NDP try to hack Liberals........ or

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Evil NDP try to hack Liberals........ or

Post by rustled »

Seems anything is fodder for "Christy bashing", regardless of how crass and unsavoury the game-playing becomes. For example, it's stomach-turning to me to see how we as a society are consistently unable to address the issues related to children in care. But here, this sobering issue only gets dragged out and shaken in front of us as a way to bash the current premier. This has been a problem for decades and it shames me, as a member of this society, to never have done anything to help with children in care. It would shame me more to bleat about these children as a means to bash the current leader.

Same with this topic, but of course on a far smaller scale. I'd be ashamed of using the compromised information of innocent parties to make political hay, knowing full well I was leaving that information vulnerable and increasing the risk for those people by sharing it with a journalist. Apparently Huntington doesn't live by the same code.

Here in Castanetland, it's interesting that outrage over these issues is commensurate with hatred for Clark, and only goes so far as to promote that hatred.

Most of us aren't filled with hatred for any of our politicians, and are perhaps better able to recognize political gaffes and games for what they are, and better able to focus our attention on the economy.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

you were silent when clark released the ndp energy plan . but now you cry foul . wow. well my answer is to bad . and the fact she lied in public and doesnt give a public apology is cowardly and wrong on every level . if the public who pays her wage is upset then so what ?

the real question is if the ship sinks who is going down with it ?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Christy has now apologized to Horgan (via voice mail - coward's way out) for spreading this vicious lie. Vicki Huntington outed her, and the BC Liberals are now trying to explain the inexplicable and defend the indefensible. This whole mess was created as a deliberate diversion from a story the BC Liberals didn't want the public to dwell on, the suicide of Alex Gervais and the outrageous events leading up to it. Expect many more 'alternative facts' from Christy and the gang in the coming months. If you still decide to vote for them in May, you must be just as corrupt as they are.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Urbane wrote:^^ Except that those voters who don't hate Christy Clark, and that's the majority..........,

Makin stuff up Urbane.

She had , I believe , about a 27% approval rating last summer. It went up 7 % when she slapped that foreign buyers tax on real estate. Speaking of the tax , how's that going now Christy ???
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
It's not really that me, or thousands upon thousands of other British Columbians support her.

And millions who don't !!!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

It will be interesting to see if Horgan accepts Christy's voicemail apology.

I think he will bring up the 'hack' issue in the leg next week to highlight the fact that the 'Diva of Deflection' used the issue to deflect from the Bernard Richard (and Tupel-LaFond's) scathing reports on the death of Alex Gervais and the decades of negligence on the part of the MCFD.

It is a valid issue and one that should not be discarded in favor of focus solely on 'the economy'.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

gordon_as wrote:Makin stuff up Urbane.

She had , I believe , about a 27% approval rating last summer. It went up 7 % when she slapped that foreign buyers tax on real estate. Speaking of the tax , how's that going now Christy ???
In my world not approving of someone's job performance does not equal "hate." I don't hate Clark, Horgan, or anyone else I can think of. Sad to see politics, for some people, get down to the level of hating. Life's too short for that.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:It will be interesting to see if Horgan accepts Christy's voicemail apology.

I think he will bring up the 'hack' issue in the leg next week to highlight the fact that the 'Diva of Deflection' used the issue to deflect from the Bernard Richard (and Tupel-LaFond's) scathing reports on the death of Alex Gervais and the decades of negligence on the part of the MCFD.

It is a valid issue and one that should not be discarded in favor of focus solely on 'the economy'.

Yes, I'm sure people will be mad as hell in May that Christy Clark apologized in a voice mail to Horgan when she could have waited and apologized in person. They'll be so livid that they'll forget about Site C, pipelines, and the economy. LOL.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:

In my world not approving of someone's job performance does not equal "hate." I don't hate Clark, Horgan, or anyone else I can think of. Sad to see politics, for some people, get down to the level of hating. Life's too short for that.

Who has ever said on this forum they HATE any politician?
Chill
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

flamingfingers wrote:It will be interesting to see if Horgan accepts Christy's voicemail apology.

A person leaving a voice mail has no legal expectation of privacy. Horgan should release a copy of the message and we can judge the sincerity of the aforementioned " apology".
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Who has ever said on this forum they HATE any politician?
I said that the majority of people don't hate Christy Clark and was told that I was making stuff up. It doesn't follow, in my world, that those who disapprove of Christy Clark's job performance hate her. As well, many of those who don't approve will still vote Liberal because they disapprove of the alternative even more. I think it's fair to say that the majority of voters next May won't care one way or the other about how Christy Clark apologized to Horgan. This whole little tempest in a teapot will be long forgotten and voters will be fixated on their own interests. That means the economy. If you really want to get rid of Clark then convince the NDP to either come up with policies that people will support or get out of the way.
Last edited by Urbane on Feb 10th, 2017, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Urbane wrote:Yes, I'm sure people will be mad as hell in May that Christy Clark apologized in a voice mail to Horgan when she could have waited and apologized in person. They'll be so livid that they'll forget about Site C, pipelines, and the economy. LOL.

Speaking of the economy. https://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2014/0 ... cord-high/

"Health was the most expensive ministry at $16.4 billion. Government Communications and Public Engagement spent $33.491 million, about $2.6 million less than its $36.147 million budget. Advertising traditionally takes a dip after an election."
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Urbane wrote:This whole little tempest in a teapot will be long forgotten

Probably a direct quote from the BC Liberal party handbook "how to get re-elected".
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Christy Clark must be a tcp/ip expert. Perhaps the liberal party deleted e-mails and instead of fessin up they are using the I've been hacked card.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

gotta love the bclib hacks who continualy support corruption . pun intended . to me a direct comparisian is choosing to step in dog crap instead of stepping around because you dont like going around because your so rigid in your path its better to step in the dog doo doo :smt045

Return to “B.C.”