New Ferry en route from Poland

al56kelman

Re: New Ferry en route from Poland

Post by al56kelman »

twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Why not just dig a little deeper in your google search and see if you canfind some more articles even older than three years ago written by hard core left wing journalists lol.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

twobits wrote:

written by hard core left wing journalists lol.

The Vancouver Sun a 'hard core left wing..."

:spitcoffee:
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

flamingfingers wrote:The Vancouver Sun a 'hard core left wing..."

:spitcoffee:

3 years old :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: current
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

twobits wrote:Why not just dig a little deeper in your google search and see if you canfind some more articles even older than three years ago written by hard core left wing journalists lol.

What is your point twobits?
Do you disagree with the hard core pinko authors assertion of the benefits?
I don't know the spread between the Polish and Canadian bid prices but I can't imagine that variance being greater than the value of keeping the money at home.
Even if you could prove that statement wrong it would be some good infrastructure investing on the governments part.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Boda wrote:Even if you could prove that statement wrong it would be some good infrastructure investing on the governments part.

You want govt go into ship building business?

I don't know the spread between the Polish and Canadian bid prices

There wasn't a spread. Canadian shipbuilders decided not to participate.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Even Steven wrote:You want govt go into ship building business?.

No, I meant that I thought it would be wise for our government to support a Canadian contractor.

Even Steven wrote:There wasn't a spread. Canadian shipbuilders decided not to participate.

My bad, thanks for pointing that out.
When I read in the article that only one Canadian firm had made the short list I forgot that the article was 3 years old and jumped to the conclusion that the Canadian contractor had indeed submitted a bid.

I also heard previously that Canadian contractors were too busy to accommodate specified delivery dates and that's another reason I believe the government should have tried harder to support the Canadian shipbuilding industry.
Give them reason to expand and hopefully become more competitive in the global market.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

This ship was destined to be built offshore. If it was built in Canada, payment would be subject to a forensic audit of all money transfers. Being built offshore, in Poland, all sorts of payments and fees (some would say kickbacks) can be paid to unknown bank accounts in Switzerland or the Bahamas. Just like with all the offshore contracts for the Olympics. The perfect scam to build a retirement nest egg.
Sure, it depends on the Canadian inferiority complex that we can't build stuff here. But if you can get away with grand theft railroad, why not try for more.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Too bad the top guys didn't try save the taxpayers money when they paid themselves
over $1,000,000 and all their buddies close to that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.1248116
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “B.C.”