Which side of the street is better?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Which side of the street is better?

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Which begs the question.

Why were you even asking the question? Did you have an argument with someone over the matter?

I'm just curious. After reading spooker's comment, I've been convinced that the sidewalk side is the better side.

As for the side of the street, here's my next question: Would you rather have the driveway going down to your house or up to your house?

My thinking used to be that up is better because you can always leave. Mine goes down, so I can't leave until I shovel. But on the other hand, I really like the fact my house is down below the street. It's much more private that way.

As for streetlights and stars, yes, it's dark in the backyard, so I can see stars.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

MY side of the street is better!
Always will be !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:
Queen K wrote:Which begs the question.

Why were you even asking the question? Did you have an argument with someone over the matter?

I'm just curious. After reading spooker's comment, I've been convinced that the sidewalk side is the better side.

As for the side of the street, here's my next question: Would you rather have the driveway going down to your house or up to your house?

My thinking used to be that up is better because you can always leave. Mine goes down, so I can't leave until I shovel. But on the other hand, I really like the fact my house is down below the street. It's much more private that way.

As for streetlights and stars, yes, it's dark in the backyard, so I can see stars.

Okay below the street seems reasonable, the drive goes down. Got it.

My house is more set back from the street than others on the block, and the driveway comes from the street right up to the back of my property along side my house. So I have no up and down, but I do know of what you speak having spent many years contemplating other people's houses vs their driveway and how it all fits together. Healthcare forces these issues for some reason, figuring out how people actually have to use ergonomics to get in and out of their houses and cars in driveways.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Queen K wrote:
Okay below the street seems reasonable, the drive goes down. Got it.

My house is more set back from the street than others on the block, and the driveway comes from the street right up to the back of my property along side my house. So I have no up and down, but I do know of what you speak having spent many years contemplating other people's houses vs their driveway and how it all fits together. Healthcare forces these issues for some reason, figuring out how people actually have to use ergonomics to get in and out of their houses and cars in driveways.

So you have no up and down, pity, but you do know of what he speaks of, that's good. I like straight and short, and neither up nor down, easier on the back and neck.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Having been in my job for 25 years I've seen a lot of driveways.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Queen K wrote:Having been in my job for 25 years I've seen a lot of driveways.

I'm sure you have seen some memorable ones.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I hate steep ones. I park at the top and walk down.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:I hate steep ones. I park at the top and walk down.

You would hate mine, especially after you've fallen flat on your aZZ trying to walk down it!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”