BC Budget 2017

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Budget 2017

Post by hobbyguy »

The biggest budget boost was supposed to come from LNG. It still isn't happening. http://calgaryherald.com/business/energy/yedlin-canadas-lng-prospects-caught-in-familiar-cycle-of-empty-promises

There may, however, be a silver lining to that. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-09/gas-prices-will-rise-and-there-is-not-much-we-can-do-to-stop-it/8340536

Reading that article, there is another edge to the LNG sword. Not sure how that would play out in BC, but perhaps we should be careful what we wish for. Although the Australian residential price is just coming even with ours now, it is forecast to keep rising.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Urbane wrote:In his open letter to John Horgan in the Sun today, Jim Shepard quoted Horgan (on January 27, 2017):

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election . . ."

flamingfingers wrote:Link??

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://cc4bc.ca/john-horgan-cant-make-up-his-mind/

Now, FF, you can scoff and dismiss it. What will it be this time - it's an attack ad, it's out of context, the Russians did a voice-over...
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ The smoking gun!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Urbane wrote:^^ The smoking gun!

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they should have named it the we take your money and now give a wee bit back to some budget
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:they should have named it the we take your money and now give a wee bit back to some budget

At least libs. some of it back, the bending over to teachers union ndp took it all and put it in their vault. :biggrin:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:they should have named it the we take your money and now give a wee bit back to some budget

Yes, indeed. (This concept works really well for the carbon tax, too.) Still, we do get some decent services for our tax $$.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

the Christy Clark BC Liberal budget is as phony as a $3 bill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:the Christy Clark BC Liberal budget is as phony as a $3 bill

which is still less phony than the NDP budget of 1996.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

So you go back 21 years to a budget that undoubtedly was fudged by the NDP though I don't recall with any certainty but I do recall what happened to the NDP. Here we have a similar scenario with your beloved Liberals, should we expect the same result?
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:the Christy Clark BC Liberal budget is as phony as a $3 bill

At least there's $3 left when the Liberals do a budget, as opposed to the poverty inflicted by the NDP.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

mr.bandaid wrote:So you go back 21 years to a budget that undoubtedly was fudged by the NDP

Yes. Because there was a reference to a phony budget.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Mar 24th, 2017, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

TOPIC - BC BUDGET 2017
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Finance Ministry documents reveal Premier Clark, elected on "Debt Free BC" platform, is champion of borrow & spend politics to a level that should have Chiristy Clark BC Liberals supporters heads spinning.

Return to “B.C.”