Partisan Political advertising on the Taxpayers dime

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Partisan Political advertising on the Taxpayers dime

Post by Smurf »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 6th, 2017, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 6th, 2017, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Speaking about Political advertising , has anyone else noticed that aside from the taxpayer funded "public information" adds the Libs are running constantly , you rarely , if ever , see a political add brought to you by the Liberal Party of BC. They are not spending any of their own money , or are they. You might notice that all of the attack John Horgan adds are still not being attributed to the BC Liberals , they are brought to you by "Concerned Citizens of BC". oh , really ?

Just for fun , google Who are Concerned Citizens of BC ? After that , try to convince me that a lot of the money for these adds is not coming from the BC Liberal Party. good luck with that.

So , where did that "not liberal money" money come from ? Well , from wealthy corporations , many of whom get their money from government contracts , which are paid for with government $$ , which come from taxpayers.

Any Questions ?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im Shepard, the former Finning and Canfor CEO, is quitting his post as a $1-a-year economic adviser to Premier Christy Clark to rally a citizens movement to save the B.C. premier at the polls in the provincial election next May.

It’s a new turnaround mission for Mr. Shepard, who came out of retirement in 2007 for an eventually successful effort turning around troubled lumber giant Canfor Corp. He retired in 2011.

From a stage at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Ms. Clark announced Mr. Shepard’s departure from her office before about 1,700 supporters - up from about 1,600 last year - attending the annual premiers’ fundraising dinner Tuesday night.

Mr. Shepard, 73, elaborated after the speech. He said he will step down on Friday, and form a group called The Concerned Citizens for British Columbia, with one goal: “to get Christy Clark and the free-enterprise government re-elected.”

Asked about tactics, he said: “We’ll be doing whatever is reasonable and necessary.”

can anyone say bcrailgate ? the corruption is strong in this one :smt045
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Here's a good read , from Michael Smythe. The Province online.
http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... to-the-max
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 6th, 2017, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:They are trying to buy my vote , but they are spending my money. Should I expect any less ?

So you think the NDP are using someone elses money to try and buy your vote? [icon_lol2.gif]

The origin of all monies is the tax payers pocket.

It just doesn't bother you where your union dues go.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I'm not a union member, so you're way off-base with that comment, as usual. The only party using taxpayers money in their advertising is the BC Liberals. They're the only ones holding the purse strings.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:
gordon_as wrote:They are trying to buy my vote , but they are spending my money. Should I expect any less ?

So you think the NDP are using someone elses money to try and buy your vote? [icon_lol2.gif]

The origin of all monies is the tax payers pocket.

It just doesn't bother you where your union dues go.

Over the past year , my union has donated about $ 0.15 to the NDP on my behalf. I'm OK with that.

Christy Clarks government employees around 300 people , earning around $80,000.00 per year in the department that brings the blatantly partisan adds into my living room. Over $ 26,000,000.00 tax $$ this year , which you may have guessed , is NOT OK with me.

Keep up the good , fact based , informative posts old guy. The NDP should be paying you.
Last edited by gordon_as on Apr 6th, 2017, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

most of the ads i see are paid by liberal party. ndp ads are paid by teachers union , where have you been :130:
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The Conservatives are coming along with more candidates each day.

Watch for their advertising!
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

We already have one Conservative party in B.C. They call themselves 'the BC Liberals'. Do we really need two?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:I'm not a union member, so you're way off-base with that comment, as usual. The only party using taxpayers money in their advertising is the BC Liberals. They're the only ones holding the purse strings.

Did you happen to note in the quoted section, whom I was responding to? Thought not.

Seems to be a pattern of yours to take in half of what's written and form a strong opinion on it.

As if the unions aren't holding any purse strings. :laugh:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

alfred2 wrote:most of the ads i see are paid by liberal party. ndp ads are paid by teachers union , where have you been :130:

Actually , most of the adds you are seeing on TV are paid for by the Taxpayers of BC , thanks to Christy doubling the budget for the "public engagement" department.

The next biggest segment of the adds you are seeing are paid for by " The Concerned Citizens for BC " who are not actually a grass roots group of citizens , but in fact a couple of big time Christy Clark supporters and benefactors .

The Liberal party itself , just started running their own paid adds last week.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

gordon_as wrote:
alfred2 wrote:most of the ads i see are paid by liberal party. ndp ads are paid by teachers union , where have you been :130:

Actually , most of the adds you are seeing on TV are paid for by the Taxpayers of BC , thanks to Christy doubling the budget for the "public engagement" department.

The next biggest segment of the adds you are seeing are paid for by " The Concerned Citizens for BC " who are not actually a grass roots group of citizens , but in fact a couple of big time Christy Clark supporters and benefactors .

The Liberal party itself , just started running their own paid adds last week.

You are wrong, it says bc libs, if you can read the small print. :130:

Return to “B.C.”