maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Clark calls media the enemy

Post by maryjane48 »

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Clark calls media the enemy

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/mike-smyth-loose-lips-liberals-on-high-alert-against-spies-and-media
Every party has protocols for dealing with the media. Duh! However, you claim that Clark has called the media "the enemy." Do you have proof of that or did you just make it up? There is nothing in the Smyth column that mentions Clark referring to the media as "the enemy." You've started an entire thread with a clear statement. Let's see your proof.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

deflect and spin urb ? try reading it before beaking off .
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:deflect and spin urb ? try reading it before beaking off .
I did read it. Please point out where Christy Clark said that the media was the enemy. Simple question.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/mike-smyth-loose-lips-liberals-on-high-alert-against-spies-and-media

Urbane wrote:Every party has protocols for dealing with the media. Duh! However, you claim that Clark has called the media "the enemy." Do you have proof of that or did you just make it up? There is nothing in the Smyth column that mentions Clark referring to the media as "the enemy." You've started an entire thread with a clear statement. Let's see your proof.

My money would be on option number two. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Has she ever come up with proof when asked. I also have seen nothing that says Clark called the media the enemy. False news until proven different.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

You'd have be pretty thick to not see the connection between Smyth's column and 'maryjane48's interpretation of it. The BCLP's power point presentation makes it quite clear what they think, calling the media a 'zoo', to begin with. If you are such a huge Christy fan, you likely didn't read the whole article anyway because you just can't bear to read anything negative about your pathetic Photo-Op Princess.

Money has been able to buy the whole Okanagan electorate for years, and I'm sure this year will be no different. Fortunately, there are many other BC constituencies that are able to see through the BC Liberal smoke and mirrors, and will vote with their brains instead of listening to all the slick, expensive BCLP ads that are saturating our airwaves every 5 minutes. We've had 17 years of bullying by the Campbell/Clark government, and just because most Okanaganites like being bullied doesn't mean everybody does.

Have fun trying to get your BC Liberal MLA to do anything for you after May 9.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

From the article linked above:

With the election two months away, Christy Clark’s governing Liberal party has issued an internal “protocol” for dealing with the pesky reporters who call local campaign offices: Make an excuse. And hang up.

That was the law laid down by party headquarters recently at a Liberal training camp for regional campaign organizers.

A PowerPoint presentation from the event orders Liberal organizers in each of the 87 electoral ridings to complete a “media scan” of local reporters and news outlets covering the election.

“Important to determine who is who in the zoo before the campaign begins,” the presentation says.

Under the heading “media protocol,” the party tells local campaign offices to deal with reporters this way: “Answer the phone or respond to the email. What do you need? What’s your deadline? I’ve just got to finish something and we’ll get back to you right away. Hang up that phone.”
Attachments
Lib media scan.JPG
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Those on here who make things up and those who make incredibly feeble attempts to defend the fabrications aren't doing themselves or their party any favours. And sad to say again that along with the "making stuff up" (to put it nicely) sexism once again rears its ugly head. Very sad.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Unless one has a significant deficit in comprehension the intended meaning of the BC Liberals directive is to avoid talking to the media. The question then must be "Why", why are they being directed to do everything in their cability to avoid the media for the next 2 months. It is not a leap to conclude the reason to be, the BC Liberals see the media as their enemy. Someone who may print stories that portray them in a negative light must be avoided at all cost, for the next 2 months. What else would you call these people if not your enemies?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:Those on here who make things up and those who make incredibly feeble attempts to defend the fabrications aren't doing themselves or their party any favours. And sad to say again that along with the "making stuff up" (to put it nicely) sexism once again rears its ugly head. Very sad.

Making things up? While Christy may not have said in an interview that the media is an 'enemy' her policies clearly intend to severely limit media access to her party and to her. "Who is who in the zoo" and 'make an excuse and hang up that phone' obviously defines the extent she wishes to extend to the media.

Oh, and you keep harping about 'sexism' - which I can find none of in this thread. And you sat comfortably by, not a peep heard from you while Renee and Sophia were ridiculed and victimized - simply because they were wives of elected officials.

Elected politicians 'put themselves out there' and are fair game for public scrutiny and comments/judgments - wives/husbands and kids in particular are off limits far as I am concerned!!
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmm... isn't there another political leader saying thing about media, wondering if our Premier is trying to follow that leaders lead.

never mind :topic:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    Urbane wrote:Those on here who make things up and those who make incredibly feeble attempts to defend the fabrications aren't doing themselves or their party any favours. And sad to say again that along with the "making stuff up" (to put it nicely) sexism once again rears its ugly head. Very sad.

Making things up? While Christy may not have said in an interview that the media is an 'enemy' her policies clearly intend to severely limit media access to her party and to her. "Who is who in the zoo" and 'make an excuse and hang up that phone' obviously defines the extent she wishes to extend to the media.

Oh, and you keep harping about 'sexism' - which I can find none of in this thread. And you sat comfortably by, not a peep heard from you while Renee and Sophia were ridiculed and victimized - simply because they were wives of elected officials.

Elected politicians 'put themselves out there' and are fair game for public scrutiny and comments/judgments - wives/husbands and kids in particular are off limits far as I am concerned!!
You admit that Clark did NOT call the media the enemy and then transition into your OPINION about how you think she feels about the media. See how you're conflating facts with opinions? Kind of like Donald Trump, eh? You prove my point and hopefully the OP will change the title of the thread.

As for sexism, those who engage in it are often the last ones to recognize it. It doesn't make it right though. As for "Renee and Sophia" you'll have to be more specific. Who are they and what was said about them. I don't see every post on here flaming but if sexist things were said about "Renee and Sophia" or anyone else I condemn it. How about if you now condemn the sexist language used against our premier?? Aren't there enough legitimate criticisms that can be levelled against her without resorting to sexist rhetoric?

ETA I've started a thread about the sexist rhetoric used against Premier Clark. That will allow us to get back on topic here.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

How about if you now condemn the sexist language used against our premier?? Aren't there enough legitimate criticisms that can be levelled against her without resorting to sexist rhetoric?

Oh yes!!! There are so MANY legitimate criticisms to be made against her that the 'sexism' you want to champion are far down the list.

She has cast aside her morality for money - see the post I made about the Lib lobbyists sick about the endless demands from the ChristyLibs for her 'Pay to Play' money-grubbing...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=71424

Disgusting...

But who seems to care even if the ChristyLiberals blatantly flout the law.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ And the subject is changed. Typical!
:topic:

Return to “B.C.”