Why the NDP is irrelevant and don't get it

twobits
Guru

Why the NDP is irrelevant and don't get it

Post by twobits »

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/i ... -jobs-plan

An in your face slam of the NDP by a blue collar union. And they should. The only union members who will vote for the NDP's no to everything are the ones that are Public sector who's jobs are not effected. But if they were smart, and actually thought beyond the end of their noses, they too would realize that it is employed people in the private sector that pay the taxes that pay their damn wages. I'm not going to hold my breath though on the sudden enlightenment of too many of those brain washed members.

The NDP is no longer a "labour" party. They have become nothing more than a bunch of social activists that want anyone else that has been more successful than them to pay for their desired standard of living. Calling themselves a "labour" party today is a huge lie. No Kinder, no site C, no Massey, and only maybe LNG but with conditions............ that will be impossible to meet so it's a no too.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why the NDP is irrelevant and don't get it

Post by flamingfingers »

USW has sent in a 'correction' letter:

USW Canada
HOME OUR UNION NEWS / PUBLICATIONS GET INVOLVED VIDEO JOIN USW DISTRICTS FOR MEMBERS GlobalEn Français

Search
s
NEWS / PUBLICATIONSMEDIA CENTRERELEASES / ADVISORIES2017
f SHARE ON FACEBOOKt SHARE ON TWITTERE EMAIL+ MORE
MAR 06, 2017 ·

Setting the Record Straight: Christy Clark and the BC Liberals Don’t Support Working People and That’s Why Steelworkers Don’t Support Them

Today The Province newspaper incorrectly reported that the United Steelworkers (USW) endorsed the BC Liberals. While we trust this was an honest error, and will avoid any shouting of fake news, it’s important to set the record straight.

In the interest of the health and safety of our members, we could never endorse the Christy Clark government. From botched WCB investigations to lax enforcement and cuts to WCB pensions, this government does not deserve our support.

We want a government that’s on the side of working people for a change. That’s why, on behalf of over 30,000 USW members in BC we’re proud to endorse John Horgan and the BC NDP.

Read the rest of the USW letter here:
http://www.usw.ca/news/media-centre/rel ... O0.twitter
Chill
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

flamingfingers wrote:USW has sent in a 'correction' letter:

USW Canada
HOME OUR UNION NEWS / PUBLICATIONS GET INVOLVED VIDEO JOIN USW DISTRICTS FOR MEMBERS GlobalEn Français

Search
s
NEWS / PUBLICATIONSMEDIA CENTRERELEASES / ADVISORIES2017
f SHARE ON FACEBOOKt SHARE ON TWITTERE EMAIL+ MORE
MAR 06, 2017 ·

Setting the Record Straight: Christy Clark and the BC Liberals Don’t Support Working People and That’s Why Steelworkers Don’t Support Them

Today The Province newspaper incorrectly reported that the United Steelworkers (USW) endorsed the BC Liberals. While we trust this was an honest error, and will avoid any shouting of fake news, it’s important to set the record straight.

In the interest of the health and safety of our members, we could never endorse the Christy Clark government. From botched WCB investigations to lax enforcement and cuts to WCB pensions, this government does not deserve our support.

We want a government that’s on the side of working people for a change. That’s why, on behalf of over 30,000 USW members in BC we’re proud to endorse John Horgan and the BC NDP.

Read the rest of the USW letter here:
http://www.usw.ca/news/media-centre/rel ... O0.twitter

Wrong union.

The OP was about the Ironworkers.

*removed*

Two totally different unions.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2017, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This sort of behavior belongs in Bickering. Not out here.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

What? No retraction Flame on your "alternative truth? Off Topic comment removed
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Mar 7th, 2017, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Wow the iron workers union with their 1800 members will be a deciding factor in the election. LOL
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

madmudder wrote:Wow the iron workers union with their 1800 members will be a deciding factor in the election. LOL

That's about all the support the NDP had left after all the stupid things they're doing. They're history, thankfully. Wipe them off the shoe of BC's politics and let's work toward an electable alternative to the BC Libs in 2021 without the NDP handing the Libs another slam dunk victory.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

madmudder wrote:Wow the iron workers union with their 1800 members will be a deciding factor in the election. LOL

[icon_lol2.gif]

You could not have proven the title of this thread to be more accurate if you had tried! :up:
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

twobits wrote:http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/ironworkers-endorse-b-c-liberals-attack-ndp-for-lack-of-jobs-plan

An in your face slam of the NDP by a blue collar union. And they should. The only union members who will vote for the NDP's no to everything are the ones that are Public sector who's jobs are not effected. But if they were smart, and actually thought beyond the end of their noses, they too would realize that it is employed people in the private sector that pay the taxes that pay their damn wages. I'm not going to hold my breath though on the sudden enlightenment of too many of those brain washed members.

The NDP is no longer a "labour" party. They have become nothing more than a bunch of social activists that want anyone else that has been more successful than them to pay for their desired standard of living. Calling themselves a "labour" party today is a huge lie. No Kinder, no site C, no Massey, and only maybe LNG but with conditions............ that will be impossible to meet so it's a no too.

It might be time to slow your roll because bashing a political party does not add to the message. Just an FYI the iron workers did not support the BCNDP last election either. That begin said you comment that it is "the private sector that pay the taxes and pay their dam wages" is simply in accurate $103 million/week from unionized workers is put back into our provincial economy.These wages get spent at local private sector businesses, where they sustain jobs and support our local community services that add to everyone's quality of life.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:Just an FYI the iron workers did not support the BCNDP last election either.

So what you're telling us is that the Ironworkers have made smart choices for quite a while.

Good to know. Thanks for that.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Rwede wrote:
Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:Just an FYI the iron workers did not support the BCNDP last election either.

So what you're telling us is that the Ironworkers have made smart choices for quite a while.

Good to know. Thanks for that.

Learn something on Castanet every day. The Ironworkers get the big picture, and want jobs for their members and good social programs that come from a strong economy. The USW, on the other hand, continue to cripple themselves and their membership with backward thinking that went out in the 1950s. Is it any wonder the USW-dominated forest industry is in such huge trouble these days?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

At some point I hope the members of these unions get fed up with the bungling brass at institutions like the USW and do a complete gutting of the executives.

The tough part is, the worst unions are the ones with so many members that end up losing their jobs because of the crap their union brass pulls, and those members just don't have the money nor the self interest in the outcome to rise up and change things.

You know, if you really think about it, ridding the province of the NDP would flush out these destructive union execs, as their only chance at power and influence is via the NDP.

Kill off the NDP, kill off the NDP's dirty connection to unscrupulous brass, and it would free up the members to support parties who actually do something to help the workers keep and better their jobs and communities.

The Ironworkers have figured that out, now just get the rest to follow suit, and workers would be far better off.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Rwede wrote:

The Ironworkers have figured that out, now just get the rest to follow suit, and workers would be far better off.

Rwede.....I think most private sector union members already understand that the NDP is a threat to their livelihoods and future financial stability despite the puppets that make up their executive's stated political support stances. This was evidenced in the last Provincial election and it will happen again in this one. The table thumping Bozo's in the exec only get voted into power by the militants of the union and theoe militants coercion over the rational members thru non secret ballot votes.
The rationally minded members don't care what their union exec says to vote for since the secret ballot at the Provincial polling booth is their business and only their business. There is not a rationally minded welder, equipment operator, pipe fitter, boiler maker, heavy construction worker, logger, longshoreman, etc etc that would vote for the NDP unless they were wanting to commit personal financial suicide.
The only real union support the NDP have is the unions whose members are paid by Gov't. And when you take the 30% of those members away because even they are smart enough to figger out the crappy economy the NDP would create that supports their wages........there just ain't enough of them to change the Gov't.

Edit to add- And the polls that show the NDP in contention are just a bunch of crap. What abberates these polls is the responses from the social activists that receive a phone call that let's them rant. Reality however is that that is the most engaged those types of people will ever get in the political process unless they are offered up a wage to get off the couch and go and cast a ballot. Savy people don't participate when a stranger calls to ask how they will vote...... and they always show up at the ballot box..

madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 9th, 2017, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

twobits wrote:Edit to add- And the polls that show the NDP in contention are just a bunch of crap. What abberates these polls is the responses from the social activists that receive a phone call that let's them rant. Reality however is that that is the most engaged those types of people will ever get in the political process unless they are offered up a wage to get off the couch and go and cast a ballot. Savy people don't participate when a stranger calls to ask how they will vote...... and they always show up at the ballot box..

Excellent analysis there, 25¢.

The odd dope puts down his protest sign and trundles off to the polling station to vote NDP, while those informed and engaged in the issues and political party platforms quietly vote in an economically favourable government. It has happened 4 times in a row now and is going to happen in May again.

Why the NDP keeps hammering the same drum that doesn't resonate with voters is a mystery. They'll never change.

My advice to voters who just can't stomach voting for the Liberals and were considering the NDP - vote Green. Register your vote as a protest to the two main parties and show you want a change.

You can help eliminate the NDP threat, and allow a new contender to rise up to defeat the Liberals in 2021.

Return to “B.C.”