Shell cancels lNG project

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Shell cancels lNG project

Post by maryjane48 »

Scratch one natural gas pipeline and one proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) plants from the list of potential northwestern megaprojects.

Shell Canada announced today the end of any further development of the Prince Rupert LNG project on Ridley Island near Prince Rupert.

The news was not totally unexpected, going back to the purchase of the project's owner, the BG Group, by Shell last year.

The end of the Prince Rupert LNG project also means an end to the pipeline that would have supplied its natural gas.

from terrace paper
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Shell cancels lng project

Post by Jflem1983 »

Environmentalists have stopped a lot of good jobs . They ought to be proud of themselves . The child poverty rates in bc will only go higher
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:Environmentalists have stopped a lot of good jobs . They ought to be proud of themselves . The child poverty rates in bc will only go higher

bet the environmentalists put gas in there cars to, hypocrites
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Environmentalists have stopped a lot of good jobs . They ought to be proud of themselves . The child poverty rates in bc will only go higher

lol had zero to do with anything but the market.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 10th, 2017, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 10th, 2017, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Really grinds my gears to think of the thousands of families this will hurt . So sick of the cart leading the horses .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:

lol had zero to do with anything but the market.

I disagree . Without all the bs hold ups that took over a decade . This infrastructure would already be in the ground . Instead we did study after study after study

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Prince Rupert LNG project has been part of a global portfolio review of combined assets, which resulted in the decision to discontinue further development,” Shell said in a news release late Friday.

Shell said the proposed Prince Rupert LNG project was in the assessment phase, with no development on Ridley Island. Shell is withdrawing from the lease arrangements at the site.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e34272575/

zero to do with enviroment or natives but that never stopped a biggot before has it?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Didn't realize caring about feeding families and good jobs for hard working ppl of all creeds colours and kinds .made me a hateful bigot but if it does I'll take it

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:Scratch one natural gas pipeline and one proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) plants from the list of potential northwestern megaprojects.

Shell Canada announced today the end of any further development of the Prince Rupert LNG project on Ridley Island near Prince Rupert.

The news was not totally unexpected, going back to the purchase of the project's owner, the BG Group, by Shell last year.

The end of the Prince Rupert LNG project also means an end to the pipeline that would have supplied its natural gas.

from terrace paper
Some good news was left out:

The company said it continues to actively move forward on the proposed Kitimat, B.C.-based LNG Canada project with its partners, though last year it indefinitely deferred a final investment decision on it because of market conditions.
http://www.news1130.com/2017/03/10/shel ... ng-canada/
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:Some good news was left out:

"The company said it continues to actively move forward on the proposed Kitimat, B.C.-based LNG Canada project with its partners, though last year it indefinitely deferred a final investment decision on it because of market conditions.
http://www.news1130.com/2017/03/10/shel ... ng-canada/"

Well naturally, did you expect any less?

Cherry picking the negative is the ongoing MO. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Jflem1983 wrote:Didn't realize caring about feeding families and good jobs for hard working ppl of all creeds colours and kinds .made me a hateful bigot but if it does I'll take it

Not only that, but your sheer ignorance of world markets for LNG emphasizes all of your other attributes. The corporations, involved in greed and lacking foresight created a huge glut in world LNG oversupply, effectively cutting the throat of their 'golden goose'.

"LNG! LNG!" "JOBS!, JOBS! JOBS!" "Trillions of dollars to wipe out BC debt!" that Christy touted prior to the 2013 election was fizzling even as she campaigned. Anyone who looked at global marketing knew that this was a lie, but it sucked you - and many others into that belief, didn't it?

And you try to foist this off on 'the environmentalists'??? [icon_lol2.gif]
Chill
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

They have been talking about this for 20 odd years and never got one thing built . Gas markets will come back . Oil has doubled in 2 years . I've worked on a few rigs . I know the markets are ruff rite now . Good time to build cheap

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Witch is what she'll is likely doing . Spending money in areas where environmental terrorists are afraid to go .

Return to “B.C.”