Suing creep catchers

dcipher
Übergod

Re: Suing creep catchers

Post by dcipher »

Looking into it now I see there are a lot of accusations against CC - bullying detractors, going after the handicapped, sometimes interfering with police operations..... and it seems a lot of them have criminal convictions themselves, in one case 25!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/w5-s-creep-out ... -1.3290547

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/creep-cat ... -1.3813501

https://gangstersout.blogspot.ca/2016/0 ... h-cop.html

I wanted to like them, I think some of them may be good people with good intentions - certainly some of their supporters are - but I think this is too problematic to be endorsed. They certainly have done some good, but the cost is high, and the accountability is non-existent so far.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The Vancouver Sun article states Ryan LaForge is the president of the Surrey chapter of Creep Catchers. When you search his name on the CSO database the most recent altercation he has had with the law was possession for the purpose of trafficking. He was found guilty.

LOL.

Exemplary citizenry at work.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Even Steven wrote:
The Vancouver Sun article states Ryan LaForge is the president of the Surrey chapter of Creep Catchers. When you search his name on the CSO database the most recent altercation he has had with the law was possession for the purpose of trafficking. He was found guilty.

LOL.

Exemplary citizenry at work.

So do you prefer child molesters to pot shops . That's kind of what u are implying
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Jflem1983 wrote:So do you prefer child molesters to pot shops . That's kind of what u are implying

That's not what he's implying at all. The way I read it is that you have people claiming the moral high ground all the while using questionable tactics with little or no regard for the undeserved harm they may cause by accusing an innocent person. To them that price is worth the chance of taking a pedophile off the streets, which is a highly debatable position. That lack of vision is not uncommon among people who have no real regard for the law at all.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

*removed* :1422:
Last edited by ferri on Mar 18th, 2017, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The president of the Surrey Creep Catchers was taken away by police Monday night.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#193500
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Like him or hate him . He's standing up for something. Or at least trying . No one else seems to care
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The investigators care and how many cases has creep catchers actually followed through to sentencing without jeopardizing convictions?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Actually the investigators are quitting their jobs because they end up with ptsd . It's git to be horrible

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Actually the investigators are quitting their jobs because they end up with ptsd . It's git to be horrible

I haven't heard the police leaving in droves - most want to get to the point of receiving a pension.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

fluffy wrote:That's not what he's implying at all. The way I read it is that you have people claiming the moral high ground all the while using questionable tactics with little or no regard for the undeserved harm they may cause by accusing an innocent person. To them that price is worth the chance of taking a pedophile off the streets, which is a highly debatable position. That lack of vision is not uncommon among people who have no real regard for the law at all.

On the other hand, it's sad that someone who does the most destructive recreational drug (booze) and does nothing about these creeps could be considered a better citizen than someone who takes the lightest recreational drug and does something about the creeps.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Surrey Creep Catchers, a group that claims to expose people they allege are child sexual predators, is under investigation.
They know they are under investigation and are accountable for their own actions as well.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3261732/surre ... -watchdog/

In a Facebook video, Ryan Laforge says he was arrested and charged with assault following a sting Monday night.

Laforge says he was released on $1000 bail, describing it as “worth it.”

http://www.cknw.com/2017/04/03/surrey-c ... ing-sting/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner is investigating multiple complaints about the Surrey Creep Catchers.

And there's a third lawsuit launched now.
http://www.cknw.com/2017/03/16/surrey-c ... d-lawsuit/
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Its funny reading all the posts about this topic and if people are PRO law, they are deemed PRO PEDOPHILE by some, yet they support the tactics of the Creep Catchers as they feel its gets the bad guys....

Yet these same people openly call the police "entrapment" if they use similar tactics of going online and getting these people.

Ends justify the means on one yet hate the cops on the other.

How about we just do the right thing and the legal thing. Vigilante justice is never a good option.

The reality out there is protect yourselves online and teach your kids and monitor your kids that there are some very bad people out there that target our kids.

How about we take responsibility as parents and really educate our children.

However that bad news is you can't vent about stuff you have no knowledge about online in forums if you do that.... :200:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Chyren wrote:Its funny reading all the posts about this topic and if people are PRO law, they are deemed PRO PEDOPHILE by some, yet they support the tactics of the Creep Catchers as they feel its gets the bad guys....

I think you need to rethink your post. I'm pro law and don't support the tactics.

Return to “B.C.”