Suing creep catchers

leslieeaton

Suing creep catchers

Post by leslieeaton »

The poor guy suing creep catchers has to admit he is dodging what his real intentions were setting up a karaoke date with a 15 year old girl, come on who does that?

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/191415/ ... p-Catchers
Last edited by ferri on Mar 13th, 2017, 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added link to article
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Suing creep catchers

Post by Even Steven »

People who like karaoke?
jasmineschmidtz

Post by jasmineschmidtz »

Yeah this smells pretty fishy to me. What the :cuss: is a grown man with a wife even doing looking for 18 year old friends online? It is even worse that he didn't care that she lied about her age! Even if the ad said "strictly platonic", he still has no business talking to someone that young. It's too bad that he lost his job but actions have consequences.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

The article I read made it clear that he knew she was 15yo.

Yeah I thought the same thing: "Your intention was only to sing karaoke with her. Yeah right".

But -if things really are as he says, he'll win his case. While I know the Creep Catcher people are not professionals, I'm surprised they made a mistake like this. You need more than a Karaoke date before you string someone up like this - no matter how suspicious.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Creep catchers will be prepared for lawsuits like this - I'm sure they have a good lawyer.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I hope they do fancy . Creep catchers has my full support . If I had money I would help them
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Doesn't look good for Creep Catchers. Certainly jumped the gun.

These groups shouldn't be doing what they're doing simply because of issues like this. Leave it to the pros - ie police.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

No one could ever convince me that this man had all good intentions. I hope he looses and I think he deserves everything he got. I do feel sorry for his wife unless of course she knew what was going on then she deserves it to. I am another one that is probably 99.9% in favour of creep catchers.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

Would be interesting to see what the chat logs look like and how many double-entendres exist ... Curious that Creep Catchers doesn't seem to be releasing the logs either.
If we're all to be judged solely based on intentions rather than actions, we're in trouble ... "Officer, I killed him because he took the food I wanted to give to my family, so my intention was to not let people starve".
Creep Catchers' intentions are "to scare those who try to meet children online for sex" , they have stories where the logs (and pics) explicitly state as such; last I checked karaoke is not sex.
I think he could win, not because I think he's right, but in this instance, I believe Creep Catchers were wrong. In the end, hopefully it'll lead C.C. to a higher standard.

... now go ahead, tell me how awful I am ...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

kumazatheef wrote:not because I think he's right, but in this instance, I believe Creep Catchers were wrong. In the end, hopefully it'll lead C.C. to a higher standard.

... now go ahead, tell me how awful I am ...

Nope, you got it.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

These groups are inevitable to get it wrong and get sued into oblivion. What price to you put on ruining a persons life? The police aren't perfect but have a lot more discretion before publicly outing a person....these guys don't and when they make a mistake it will always be big.

I understand the intent and desire to try to make the world safer, however at what cost can they be allowed to operate at?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Veovis wrote:These groups are inevitable to get it wrong and get sued into oblivion. What price to you put on ruining a persons life? The police aren't perfect but have a lot more discretion before publicly outing a person....these guys don't and when they make a mistake it will always be big.

I understand the intent and desire to try to make the world safer, however at what cost can they be allowed to operate at?

So u support pedophile freaks then .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I think the point is, now this guy has gained the upper hand regardless of what people think his intentions were. Personally I'm not a huge proponent of CC although the idea is just right, when some greasy prick sneaks away due to their interference ....this is when it gets tricky with the law.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jflem1983 wrote:So u support pedophile freaks then .

NO you support ruining lives for no reason?

The catch is these groups post and convict in the view of public without ever actually managing to prove things.

I like the idea of them, but they should get things to a point and call in the police who can make something stick and send the actual sick piles of crap away......but if a little wrong and you do this, you will lose your house....and you should because they will lose everything.

The thing is Jflem1983 on the internet people are fast to judge. What if I doctored a few screen shots that then led back to you liking to rape children and had 6 people confirm it? I swear in this day in age it's not a hard thing to do, would you admit to being a child rapist, or fight the allegations and maybe make someone pay for such an act? If there was a misunderstanding of which a 5% comment made the entire story though 95% of facts were missing, would you convict yourself?

This is the issue with vigilante groups of any kind. If you aren't absolutely perfect you are causing irreparable harm to others, much like what you are trying to prevent.

I like the idea of these groups sifting out the piles of crap in society and turning them over to the police, but facebook and other "social media" is a harm first, guilt first way to do it and if wrong, a life is ruined.
Last edited by Veovis on Mar 13th, 2017, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I have precious lil sympathy for creeps
I had a grade five teacher Mr Duncan . He loved the young girls . Had a desk full of hand lotion and fuzzy peaches candy . Wish creep catchers was around then

Return to “B.C.”