Buddha of the Board

Re: BC has a new definition of Flip Flop

Post by maryjane48 »

less of a flip flop more of a scam [icon_lol2.gif]
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Well one thing is for sure, the NDP faithful would be the first to recognize a flip flop when they see one. [icon_lol2.gif]

The other thing that is for sure, is that Clark is screwed in the minds of that same group, whether she does, or she doesn't do something.

You want political contribution reform, so now that the Liberals get a sense of how important this issue is to the electorate, they are listening and at least willing to explore change. You should be happy, but no, just another topic to gripe and moan about.

There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that were the NDP to get elected, they'd also play dumb on the same issue, and if their hand was forced, they'd find creative ways to extract political donations from labor. Make no mistake!

Mind you it makes for a good talking point when you aren't in power.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Liberals are Corrupt , Period , and everyone knows it. Some just refuse to admit it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Old Techie wrote:

You want political contribution reform, so now that the Liberals get a sense of how important this issue is to the electorate, they are listening and at least willing to explore change. You should be happy, but no, just another topic to gripe and moan about.

Oh good grief!! Christy said that if the ChristyLiberals were re-elected, they would set up a 'non-partisan panel' to examine this issue and they would have FOUR YEARS to render their recommendations. In the meantime, fundraising as per their normal. The terms at issue for this 'panel' would be set forth by the government. Sounds like the Joint Review Panel for Site C that the government severely restricted that Panel's access and ability to report on any cost-benefit analysis.

But it seems that Elections BC, having handed the file off to the RCMP is causing considerable sphincter-tightening for the ChristyLiberals and some of her high spending donors/lobbyists.

Also seems that some whistleblowers who have information are in contact with the RCMP on this very issue. Should be interesting.....
Chill
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Christy claims no knowledge of corrupt fundraising , and is throwing her co-conspirators under the bus to save her own butt. I can only hope that one of these sleazy lobbyists had the presence of mind to cover his but with some evidence that the Libs were aware of precisely what was going on. I wonder how much the Liberals will pay these guys to keep their mouth shut.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Personally . It would take a ton of corruption . On a massive scale . To want the ndp . I'm not blind I can plainly see that bc is ripe with corruption. However so is everywhere else . The ndp have a proven track wreck chord of destroying provinces . I lived here when they were last in power . It was prolonged recession here
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gordon_as wrote:The Liberals are Corrupt , Period , and everyone knows it. Some just refuse to admit it.

I'm not sure who doesn't admit that the Liberals are corrupt. What I see are brain-washed NDP sychophants who can't admit that the NDP are just as or even more corrupt. And the fact that they haven't been in power since the dark times of 1991 - 2001 doesn't matter. That party just plain stinks, just as bad or worse than the Liberals.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Personally . It would take a ton of corruption . On a massive scale . To want the ndp . I'm not blind I can plainly see that bc is ripe with corruption. However so is everywhere else . The ndp have a proven track wreck chord of destroying provinces . I lived here when they were last in power . It was prolonged recession here

no it wasnt . fake news . i lived my whole life in bc. things were fine in 90s . you just like to support corruption
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I lived here too in the 90's, but I forgot to wear my rose colored glasses. How silly of me.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I lived here in the '90s too, and I was financially much better off than I am today. And no, O.T., I wasn't a government employee; I had my own small business, and thanks to the NDP's fair taxation, my business was thriving. I was even able to take a nice vacation a couple of times a year.

A person doesn't just need 'rose-coloured glasses' to vote for the BC Liberals; they need a seeing-eye dog to lead them to the polling station.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:I lived here in the '90s too, and I was financially much better off than I am today. And no, O.T., I wasn't a government employee; I had my own small business, and thanks to the NDP's fair taxation, my business was thriving. I was even able to take a nice vacation a couple of times a year.

A person doesn't just need 'rose-coloured glasses' to vote for the BC Liberals; they need a seeing-eye dog to lead them to the polling station.

What business was that, a grow op?

Explain then why last election there were so many small business owners nervous, with many ready to pull the pin on BC, if the NDP had won?

Why would they be nervous if the NDP is such a godsend?

Perhaps you should interview some folks who live in Ontario, and ask them how they liked NDP rule.

The biggest point I recall about the NDP's last reign here, was how much stuff they promised but didn't do. Their spending on infrastructure for one was dismal.

Ask some long time residents of Westside Road how much work was done there during the NDP years. Now their supporters have the nerve to complain about what is being done, while their heros did nothing when they had the chance.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

everyone in my family in construction was steady working in bc . all my family in forestry had steady work ,nurses doctors , realestate , mining ,ect ect . what sector were you in ot that was surpressed ?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Why would anyone in B.C. have to go to Ontario and ask them about their political boondoggles? If you can't stay on topic, which in this case happens to be the BC Liberal/Christy Clark flip-flops, then perhaps you should stick to discussion of stories on another page.

Regarding Westside Road, I drive that road occasionally, and very little has been done since Christy posed for that 2013 photo-op in her corny hard-hat and safety vest. And no, sweetie, I didn't have a grow-op, and I think we can dispense with the insults.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Regarding Westside Road, I drive that road occasionally, and very little has been done since Christy posed for that 2013 photo-op in her corny hard-hat and safety vest. And no, sweetie, I didn't have a grow-op, and I think we can dispense with the insults.

It's pretty hard to have any type of rational discussion, with someone so blinded by NDP love, that nothing else registers.

Little has been done on Westside Road?

You should have driven it in the 90's perhaps then, and taken pictures, so you'd be able to recognize the obvious differences.

During the NDP tenure, there were zero pullouts, never mind pullouts even, a lot of places didn't have a shoulder, and the lane was about the proper width for a go-kart.

Now there are pullouts, complete areas like by the log booms, have been redone with banks stabilized, and the road improved. Drive the whole length from this end up to Vernon, and then come back and say, with a straight face, that nothing has been done. That's an out and out lie sweetie, period!

There are multiple sections, along the length of the road, that have seen major improvements. All last summer the road had rolling closures, to allow for blasting and construction.

Love them or hate them, yeah I know which side of the fence you're on, the Liberals have come through on a lot of major infrastructure projects, bridges built, others repaired or improved, safer highways all over the place, close to home Hwy 97 median barriers all the way to Vernon, (that alone saving who knows how many lives) and the list goes on.

The NDP by contrast made promises to get votes, got into office, then delayed things, like our bridge, by ordering studies, that's a good example of flip flopping, not to mention bad fiscal management, given the studies weren't necessary, and in the end the bridge cost us almost four times as much.

The NDP has a patent on the term "flip flop" I'm fairly sure. [icon_lol2.gif]

As for insults, you'll have to forgive me, but is the following an example of a compliment by your definition.....

lasnomadas wrote:A person doesn't just need 'rose-coloured glasses' to vote for the BC Liberals; they need a seeing-eye dog to lead them to the polling station.

I believe the saying is, you need to be able to take as good as you give. :1422:

Return to “B.C.”