Your opinion is not an entitlement

Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Your opinion is not an entitlement

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

PSA - To the many on here that feel ‘entitled to an opinion’ means ‘entitled to have your views treated as serious candidates for the truth' is devoid of logic. In fact you are not entitled to your opinion you are only entitled to what you can argue for.

e.g. Saying BC Liberals are better than other parties just because you believe so is not a defendable argument. It is an opinion not an point ending discussion.

So, If you believe you are entitled to your opinion, then tell us why, with out disparaging remarks, personal insults or CAP LOCK
Last edited by Mr_Mrs_Wolf on Mar 18th, 2017, 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Your opinion is not an entitlement

Post by The Green Barbarian »

so another eg would be Saying the BC NDP are better than other parties just because you are completely naïve and can't do basic math is also not a defendable argument, correct?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sorry Wolfie, I'm entitled to my opinion no matter what. Why would you even argue otherwise?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:Sorry Wolfie, I'm entitled to my opinion no matter what. Why would you even argue otherwise?

Leftists hate when you have an opinion different from theirs, especially if you introduce concepts that are foreign to them, like "logic" and "reason".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

If you can't figure out why the Liberals are a better choice than current alternatives Wolf, perhaps it would help to open the eyes and take in the very obvious pluses.

You might begin by reading the front page article about Kelowna looking up.

Being heavily involved in construction, I can assure you that last election, there were quite a number of businesses ready to uproot and move, had the NDP won.

Business thrives on positivity not negativity, as evidenced by the never ending no no no standard response by the NDP.

Even life long NDP supporters bailed on them last time, and helped to elect the Liberals to a majority government, because they realized a vote for the NDP was going to hurt their bottom line. Evidence so far shows that nothing has changed.

Oh and BTW you don't get to determine who is and isn't entitled to anything on these boards!

For that privilege you have to start your own forum, then you can delete anything that doesn't suit your agenda.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

An opinion is just that, an opinion and someone eslse's opinion is no better or worse unless one or the other can be proven with facts.

Alternate facts do not count!

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:Sorry Wolfie, I'm entitled to my opinion no matter what. Why would you even argue otherwise?

Leftists hate when you have an opinion different from theirs, especially if you introduce concepts that are foreign to them, like "logic" and "reason".

Thought we had an arrangement to "agree to disagree" :135: Some values are wired in differently, so it won't all be "logic" and "reason." Thought you knew that by now?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

By all means show the logic and reason behind your opinions. It doesn't mean you will get agreement but it will add a level of understanding as why you hold onto that belief so strongly. Opinions, we all have them, but they don't make you right.

Leftists hate when you have an opinion different from theirs, especially if you introduce concepts that are foreign to them, like "logic" and "reason".[/quote]
Last edited by Mr_Mrs_Wolf on Mar 18th, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nothing smug and self-satisfied about you Wolfie is there? Perhaps you should practise what you preach.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
Thought we had an arrangement to "agree to disagree" :135: Some values are wired in differently, so it won't all be "logic" and "reason." Thought you knew that by now?

Ok, "Not all leftists". :D
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

I cannot agree that the Kelowna paper prints news or any of the main stream media for that matter. What you read in the papers are advertisements, the news is what is edited out. They print what they want you to see and believe. Independent journalism is a rare thing these days. Only the most foolhardy of us would blindly believe what they print, to be in our best interests, without following the money that got the story printed in the first place.

Old Techie wrote:If you can't figure out why the Liberals are a better choice than current alternatives Wolf, perhaps it would help to open the eyes and take in the very obvious pluses.

You might begin by reading the front page article about Kelowna looking up.

Being heavily involved in construction, I can assure you that last election, there were quite a number of businesses ready to uproot and move, had the NDP won.

Business thrives on positivity not negativity, as evidenced by the never ending no no no standard response by the NDP.

Even life long NDP supporters bailed on them last time, and helped to elect the Liberals to a majority government, because they realized a vote for the NDP was going to hurt their bottom line. Evidence so far shows that nothing has changed.

Oh and BTW you don't get to determine who is and isn't entitled to anything on these boards!

For that privilege you have to start your own forum, then you can delete anything that doesn't suit your agenda.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:I cannot agree that the Kelowna paper prints news or any of the main stream media for that matter. What you read in the papers are advertisements, the news is what is edited out. They print what they want you to see and believe. Independent journalism is a rare thing these days. Only the most foolhardy of us would blindly believe what they print, to be in our best interests, without following the money that got the story printed in the first place.

So there you go folks. To sum up - if what's reported in the media is positive Liberals and negative NDP, it's been "paid for". If the media is bashing the Conservatives, Liberals, Trump etc then and only then it can be believed, as you don't have to "follow the money", or concern yourself with the backward political beliefs of the person writing the story. There you have it, hypocrisy in a nutshell.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Queen K wrote:Nothing smug and self-satisfied about you Wolfie is there? Perhaps you should practise what you preach.

No, but I am confident in my understanding of the politics that surrounds us, and you are right it was unfair of me to comment on the low level of his/her comprehension so I edited the post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:
Queen K wrote:Nothing smug and self-satisfied about you Wolfie is there? Perhaps you should practise what you preach.

No, but I am confident in my understanding of the politics that surrounds us, and you are right it was unfair of me to comment on the low level of his/her comprehension so I edited the post.

Wow, no flaming or baiting there. Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote: Opinions, we all have them, but they don't make you right.
]

On this we can agree, especially when anyone is mentioning the NDP in a positive light.

Return to “B.C.”