The last time the B.C NDP were in power.

Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Re: The last time the B.C NDP were in power.

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed

http://www.news1130.com/2017/03/20/lega ... tisan-ads/
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The NDP did the same thing when they were in power and the Liberals are doing it now. Sleazy. Christy Clark back in the 1990's complained that the NDP was doing it and now she's doing it. Both parties are sleazy but some only want to believe that the Liberals are sleazy because they don't want to hear the truth and have their illusions destroyed. I really don't know why we can't all agree that both parties are sleazy and then take it from there.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

one is in power and corrupt . lets take it from there
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed

The proponent of that action is a union leader for COPE 378. Kinda throws the whole thing into the dumpster, doesn't it?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:one is in power and corrupt . lets take it from there
It's easier to see the whole picture with your blinders off.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:one is in power and corrupt . lets take it from there

And the other is not in power and is corrupt. So let's take it from there and disband the one not in power so people aren't scared that the one not in power will get back in power.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed

The proponent of that action is a union leader for COPE 378. Kinda throws the whole thing into the dumpster, doesn't it?

Well, there you have it.

The union/NDP love-in is alive and well.

Do these union stooges actually think people are too stupid to figure this stuff out (maybe NDPers are, but these rest of us)?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

""The proponent is a Union Leader for COPE." Who is the 'proponent'?

What difference does that make?
Chill
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 21st, 2017, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially libelous
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Last week Christy Clark shut down the legislature early, closing off opportunities to make life better for ordinary people.

Christy Clark had a chance to fix some of the damage done by her B.C. Liberal government over the last 16 years, but she chose not to.

She chose not to close loopholes in rental laws that allow landlords to kick people out of their homes, or jack up the rent.

She chose not to take action to make life more affordable, and she did nothing for people struggling to make ends meet because they have unstable jobs with low wages.

And, despite being under RCMP investigation for B.C. Liberal fundraising practices, Christy Clark chose not to ban big money from influencing our elections.

It’s never been more clear that Christy Clark is working for her rich friends and the corporations who paid her second, $300,000 salary.

People in B.C. were working multiple jobs to make ends meet while Christy Clark was working one job and getting two salaries.

Now, we’re going into an election and people will have their chance to pick the kind of leadership they want.

Leadership for the wealthy and the well-connected – or leadership that puts people at the centre of every decision.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:Last week Christy Clark shut down the legislature early, closing off opportunities to make life better for ordinary people.

Christy Clark had a chance to fix some of the damage done by her B.C. Liberal government over the last 16 years, but she chose not to.

She chose not to close loopholes in rental laws that allow landlords to kick people out of their homes, or jack up the rent.

She chose not to take action to make life more affordable, and she did nothing for people struggling to make ends meet because they have unstable jobs with low wages.

And, despite being under RCMP investigation for B.C. Liberal fundraising practices, Christy Clark chose not to ban big money from influencing our elections.

It’s never been more clear that Christy Clark is working for her rich friends and the corporations who paid her second, $300,000 salary.

People in B.C. were working multiple jobs to make ends meet while Christy Clark was working one job and getting two salaries.

Now, we’re going into an election and people will have their chance to pick the kind of leadership they want.

Leadership for the wealthy and the well-connected – or leadership that puts people at the centre of every decision.

What NDP website was this cut and pasted from?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:Last week Christy Clark shut down the legislature early, closing off opportunities to make life better for ordinary people.

What NDP website was this cut and pasted from?

John Horgan's weekly email to his flock.

At least Wolfie should have given literary credit to Loser John in his post.

Notice how Loser John offers no direction as to what HE would do, only criticism of Christy Clark.

No wonder the NDP is going to lose election number 5 in a row.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

RWede:
David Trapp, in 2012 was a DELEGATE with COPE - hardly what one might call a 'Kingpin."

Plaintiff David Trapp, a retired IT professional, said he approached the two lawyers, his friends, about bringing the lawsuit forward after being inundated with a government ad blitz while at home recuperating from colon cancer treatment last year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... e34357789/

And now you are trying to smear David Trapp and kick him while he is down and sick just because at one time he was a member of a union. He at one time, 5 years ago was a mere delegate in his union, but is now retired and has been suffering from cancer for over a year! He is angry over the blatant, arrogant and callous misuse of taxpayer money to laud the ChristyLiberal party. No wonder.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 21st, 2017, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
Chill
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 21st, 2017, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 21st, 2017, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: keep it civil.

Return to “B.C.”