The last time the B.C NDP were in power.

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: The last time the B.C NDP were in power.

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:
One big handicap you guys have, is posting negative stuff, [icon_lol2.gif]

One big handicap you guys have is posting factually incorrect stuff.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

flamingfingers wrote:Shame on West Kelowna to persist in voting for the parachuted in Premier L'amour de Camera who doesn't even live there and runs the most corrupt government in Canada, displacing Quebec as the most corrupt - thanks to the Charbonneau Commission!!

You know what's funny about West Kelowna ? In the election the Liberal candidate , Ben Stewart got 12,405 vote. After Christy LOST her own riding they parachuted her into Ben's safe West Kelowna spot where she got only 10,666 Votes.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

What was the party that got wipe out by the NDP? I think it was the Socreds who are now known as the Lieberals. Vanderscam and all were angels compared to this Lieberal bunch of thieves.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GrooveTunes wrote:The last time the BC NDP were in power BC was affordable.

because no one but their cronies had jobs.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
One big handicap you guys have is posting factually incorrect stuff.

And one big handicap you guys have is lack of humility. Instead of just admitting the reason that the NDP got destroyed in 2001 was that they were terrible at governing (which everyone knows), you guys want to accuse everyone else of being "factually incorrect". Just admit that you sucked. Everyone knows it. It's like the NDP and their sheep need an intervention. You can't admit you have a problem, and until you do, you will continue to wallow in mediocrity and continue to fail. It's somewhat sad and funny to watch at the same time.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
You know what's funny about West Kelowna ? In the election the Liberal candidate , Ben Stewart got 12,405 vote. After Christy LOST her own riding they parachuted her into Ben's safe West Kelowna spot where she got only 10,666 Votes.

You know what's funny about this post? In other posts NDP sheep babble on about being "factually correct", and yet here we are with a statement that is deliberately mis-leading. Bye-election turn-outs are always lower than regular election turn-outs. But of course, that isn't mentioned in the above post. And this is one of the many reasons the NDP lose elections folks. In case you are keeping score.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

gordon_as wrote:You know what's funny about West Kelowna ? In the election the Liberal candidate , Ben Stewart got 12,405 vote. After Christy LOST her own riding they parachuted her into Ben's safe West Kelowna spot where she got only 10,666 Votes.
LOL. You got one thing right so good for you. Ben Stewart did receive 12,405 votes in the 2013 general election. There were 21,361 votes cast and he received 58.07% percent of those votes. His main opponent, Carole Gordon, received 6,588 votes and 30.84%. In the subsequent by-election Christy Clark received 11,758 (almost 1,100 more votes than you've claimed she received) and that represented 62.66% of the vote. Carole Gordon's vote total was only 5,583 (29.64%) in the by-election which you neglected to mention. Total votes cast: 18,766 (down from the general election which you neglected to mention).

I guess NDP'ers try to find small victories anywhere they can and when they can't find anything they just make things up. Trouble is, with Google now it's easy for someone like myself to take numbers that are posted on here and show that they're bogus. By the way, I got my vote totals from Elections BC: http://electionsbcenr.blob.core.windows ... idate.html
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Urbane wrote:I agree that Glen Clark's conflict of interest and poor judgment played a role in the NDP's defeat

The 1 in 10 British Columbians who were on welfare probably decided it was time to get the economy going again after 10 years of NDP destruction, too.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Just admit that you sucked. Everyone knows it.

Just admit that the Christy Clark Liberals are corrupt. Everyone knows it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

gordon_as wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:
Just admit that you sucked. Everyone knows it.

I don't think anyone is saying the Liberals are very good.

What they're saying is that the NDP is 1 billion times worse.

Once we get rid of the NDP, people will vote for someone other than the Liberals in 2021. That's hard for many to understand.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

You were correct about the vote count , and Wikipedia is wrong.

Urbane wrote:
I guess NDP'ers try to find small victories anywhere they can and when they can't find anything they just make things up.

I guess Liberal Cheerleaders like to find small victories anywhere they can , and simply ignore defeats like Vancouver / Point Grey , where Christy's own riding voted her out. They knew.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:

Just admit both parties are corrupt. Everyone knows it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lol at vancouver . That's the whole reason ndp is a threat to govern . Vancouver
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
I guess Liberal Cheerleaders like to find small victories anywhere they can , .

Or big ones, like provincial elections.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:
    gordon_as wrote:You know what's funny about West Kelowna ? In the election the Liberal candidate , Ben Stewart got 12,405 vote. After Christy LOST her own riding they parachuted her into Ben's safe West Kelowna spot where she got only 10,666 Votes.
LOL. You got one thing right so good for you. Ben Stewart did receive 12,405 votes in the 2013 general election. There were 21,361 votes cast and he received 58.07% percent of those votes. His main opponent, Carole Gordon, received 6,588 votes and 30.84%. In the subsequent by-election Christy Clark received 11,758 (almost 1,100 more votes than you've claimed she received) and that represented 62.66% of the vote. Carole Gordon's vote total was only 5,583 (29.64%) in the by-election which you neglected to mention. Total votes cast: 18,766 (down from the general election which you neglected to mention).

I guess NDP'ers try to find small victories anywhere they can and when they can't find anything they just make things up. Trouble is, with Google now it's easy for someone like myself to take numbers that are posted on here and show that they're bogus. By the way, I got my vote totals from Elections BC: http://electionsbcenr.blob.core.windows ... idate.html

Just more proof, that those accustomed to suckling on the teat of public service unions, aka NDP shills, will cherry pick and twist any available data to suit their agenda.

Nice burn Urbane. :biggrin: :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”