The polls

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: The polls

Post by gordon_as »

The pollster says three-quarters of B.C. residents say the BC Liberal Party “is only interested in helping its political donors and big business.”

2.5 million people can't be wrong !!!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Premier Christy Clark’s approval trails NDP’s Horgan and Green’s Weaver: Poll

By: Jeff Hodson Metro Published on Fri Mar 24 2017
With a little over a month and a half until May’s provincial election, Premier Christy Clark finds her approval rating trailing that of NDP Leader John Horgan and Green Party Leader Andrew Weaver, according to a new public-opinion poll.

Less than a third of those surveyed (31 per cent) approved of Clark, compared to 42 per cent approval for the NDP’s Horgan and 36 per cent approval for the Green Party’s Weaver, according to a poll published Friday by the Angus Reid Institute.

The poll, a randomized survey 604 B.C. adults online, identified housing as the most important issue heading into the campaign, followed by health care and the economy. The importance of the economy dropped 12 points over the past year while concerns about housing and health care rose.

The survey also found that Clark is the most polarizing of the candidates with a 62 per cent disapproval rating and only 7 per cent of those polled unsure. Uncertainty was substantially higher for Horgan and Weaver (23 and 42 per cent respectively).

http://www.metronews.ca/news/vancouver/ ... organ.html
Chill
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:The pollster says three-quarters of B.C. residents say the BC Liberal Party “is only interested in helping its political donors and big business.”

2.5 million people can't be wrong !!!

And the NDP is only interested in helping its union puppet masters, and its insiders.

The biggest difference being its core supporters do bupkis for the economy, unless of course, bleeding it dry is viewed as a positive.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

If you look at "undecided" in these polls you'll see that about 25% are in that category. Why? The majority of the undecideds (69%) say it's because the choices are terrible and about 24% say it's because they need more information. I would add that some of these people, probably quite a few, have decided but are simply not sharing their choice. In terms of new information I'd suggest that the Leap Manifesto hasn't yet sunk in with many voters and they're not going to be thrilled by it when they learn more. Here's where I got my numbers:

http://www.cknw.com/2017/03/15/poll-why ... ers-in-bc/
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/british-columbia.html?m=1

What is the big deal 4.2 is a small amount, take out the errors factor of 3%, and it is just about even. Put that in the ndp pipeand smoke it. :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/british-columbia.html?m=1

How is the Conservative party at 11.5%? They don't even have any candidates?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Try reading the whole thing, GB. Frankly, I don't know why we're even debating this before the writ is dropped. Of course there are going to be a lot of undecided voters. They've only read about all the 'dangling carrots' posted on the MSM, and been forced to mute their TVs every time one of those sickening 'rah, rah, us!' BC Liberal ads shows up (approx. every 4 - 5 minutes, sometimes even more often).
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm so sick Christy popping up all the time I'm considering using Netflix all the time.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Every time she pops up on TV or the internet , she looses a few votes. MONEY WELL SPENT
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:Every time she pops up on TV or the internet , she looses a few votes. MONEY WELL SPENT

loses votes to who though? The Conservatives have only two candidates, the Green Party wants to power BC on unicorn farts and rainbows, and the NDP is a complete and utter disaster, that no sane person would even consider as an option. So who are these votes going to exactly?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

NDP supporters on here sound supremely confident that their party will sweep to victory on May 9th and that may happen. I'd be careful not to pop the champagne just yet though. From CBC News:

And campaigns matter — Adrian Dix's NDP had a 15-point edge at this point in 2013. That lead in the polls was cut in half by the end of the campaign. When the votes were finally counted, Clark's Liberals ended up winning by just over four points.

Another wildcard in the 2017 vote is the B.C. Conservative Party. Currently without a leader, the party is unlikely to field anything close to a full slate of candidates. That will leave a significant amount of its 10 to 13 per cent support among decided voters up for grabs.

Mainstreet's polling on who Conservative voters say is their second choice is muddled — the Liberals stood to be the main beneficiaries in one poll, the NDP the next. The party's position on the right of the political spectrum, however, suggests the Liberals probably have the better chance of scooping up more of that orphaned support in ridings where the Conservatives do not put up a candidate.
Full article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4022397
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:Try reading the whole thing, GB.

I did read the whole thing. Without a split on the right side of the spectrum, the NDP are toast. Especially with the NDP bleeding support on the Left to the Greens, who are coming off as much more competent than the NDP, though that's like saying they are more competent than a brain-injured monkey, so the bar isn't exactly high.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BCers have the same choice that Americans had.

Caught between Nothing and No One. It's worrisome that all of N.American politics have devolved in this way, is it not?

And GB, "brain injuried monkeys" could probably run this Province with as much flamboyance as any BC politicans have ever.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I do not think that the NDP will sweep to victory. As I stated, I am pretty sure it will be the lieberals once more (please sir, may I have another). What I am not so certain about is how big that victory will be this time. Hopefully it is close enough for the Libs to consider a new leader. Her popularity has tanked and I for one would love to not have to see her fake smile on every second ad on TV next election.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”