BC Liberals returning donations

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Liberals returning donations

Post by Urbane »

Veovis wrote:
    Getting away with it doesn't = not corrupt. The only difference is you forgive NDP corruption but condemn Liberal corruption.

Why not condemn both?
Exactly! Both parties are sleazy. Those who plan to vote Liberal are doing so with their eyes open but NDP supporters on here have a blind spot when it comes to their own party.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

it is not a leap when drawing the connecting line as to why so many British Columbians are disengaged form politics when they see a political party such as the Christy Clark BC Liberals behaving this way.

For the majority of British Columbians the ability to spend or invest this kind of capital into a political party is completely unrealistic. So it stands that the voices of the many are inconsequential during the governments tenure. Only those who can afford to seriously fill the coffers of this political party will actually have their voices heard.

Not demanding more form our politicians other than an opportunity to cast a ballot every 4 years is affront to democracy and in part why our system continues to benefits the financial elite.

The continued support of this party makes all those who cast their ballot in their favour kin to all those Christy Clark BC Liberal back benches who are nothing more than trained seal. They have no power or true voice in government they just show up and vote in favour of policy set by BC's financial elite.

http://commonsensecanadian.ca/rich-elit ... -welcomed/
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

and the B.C Liberals have been accepting donations for obvious influence to get government contracts.
You cannot get that influence with the NDP.
They are the opposition.

The NDP actually introduced bills five time to clean up donations.
all blocked by the Lieberals.
Nice image, aye?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

So funny that she was on the news this morning with Transit officers behind her, saying that anyone who's obtained improper campaign contributions should be prosecuted. Every day I trust her less and less.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

George+ wrote:and the B.C Liberals have been accepting donations for obvious influence to get government contracts.
They are the opposition.

Nice image, aye?

Of course not who in their right mind give gobs of money to the ndp,how much do you give? :smt045
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:and the B.C Liberals have been accepting donations for obvious influence to get government contracts.
    They are the opposition.

Nice image, aye?

Are you writing off the NDP on May 9th? Or are you suggesting that even if they win there will be no contracts? Back in 2013, when it looked like the NDP might win, many corporations gave money to the NDP. How was that any different than corporations contributing to the Liberals? I agree that the rules need to be changed and that the sleaze factor needs to be removed from political fundraising in this province. But let's be honest about it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Never write off the NDP.

The Liberals have a 15 year history of influence peddling.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

The ignorance displayed in comments is saddly comical. Anyone who has ever worked on a campaign knows that the party that looks to be the winner will get "gobs" of money from businesses. They don't care who is in power as much as they care about having a seat at the table. The piper always gets paid

alfred2 wrote:
They are the opposition.

Nice image, aye?

Of course not who in their right mind give gobs of money to the ndp,how much do you give? :smt045

Return to “B.C.”