Pattison: $75M hospital donation

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pattison: $75M hospital donation

Post by Urbane »

Good for Jimmy Pattison. He's a class act and is setting a great example for others with money.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Amazing generosity. Thank you Mr. Pattison!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Picking fruit in Luseland SK ??....NOT!

????

That's what you choose to focus on?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

George+ wrote:Picking fruit in Luseland SK ??....NOT!

This should cement your position in the Hall of Shame.

http://www.symmetreeorchard.com/
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Okay... well, I met Jimmy 20 years ago at the grand opening of the new Williams Lake Overwaitea, so I fully expect to be included in the will of my good buddy. He just gave away 1.5% of his wealth. It's all good if you don't save any for me, Jim.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Queen K wrote:This is one of the best things that could have happened to the hospital.

One thing though, why so much to one hospital? With so many smaller hospitals all around the Province, one would think some of them need additions and up dating, nevermind more equipment.

I'm not unhappy with Pattison's move, just hoping some of the money could get redistributed to assist others.

Over the years many people from throughout BC have been sent to St. Pauls for treatment or surgery. With that in mind it is a donation that will benefit more than just Vancouver.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Queen K wrote:This is one of the best things that could have happened to the hospital.

One thing though, why so much to one hospital? With so many smaller hospitals all around the Province, one would think some of them need additions and up dating, nevermind more equipment.

I'm not unhappy with Pattison's move, just hoping some of the money could get redistributed to assist others.

Thank you Mr. Pattison for your generosity.

I too had similar thoughts Queen but upon reflection I think 'spreading' the funds out would lessen the impact of Mr. Pattison's

incredible donation. I'm hoping other fortunate BCers will consider acting similarly in their own respective communities.

We've got a number of affluent residents living right here in the Okanagan. I'm hoping maybe one day one of them

might follow Mr. Pattisons lead and donate generously towards building a teaching University Hospital out by UBCO...

with lots and lots of parking.

Thank you Mr. Pattison!!!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “B.C.”