Worry Over Wildlife Decline

lasnomadas
Übergod

Worry Over Wildlife Decline

Post by lasnomadas »

The very best thing we can do to stop this fish and wildlife decline is to elect a different provincial government on May 9. They are by far the worst environmental disasters in B.C. history. Just look at their record.......Fish Lake (thank god the feds stepped in to save that one), Mount Polley tailings pond breach (mining company still not financially responsible), dumping of contaminated soil into Shawnigan Lake (has that been stopped yet?), contaminated groundwater in Spallumcheen from the spreading of manure on fields, and many more that have escaped my memory but will add as I recall them, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Worry Over Wildlife Decline

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 2nd, 2017, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 2nd, 2017, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 2nd, 2017, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Is it remotely possible that anyone in the province can give a damn about the environment without being funded by the NDP?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

My point was that it's a bit silly to blame every darn thing that happens on the government.

Case in point, I've observed farmers spreading manure on fields, for about as long as I can remember, so over six decades.

If that practice is contaminating ground water, then why wasn't a stop put to it, a long long time ago?

It certainly isn't Liberal attacking ammo in my opinion.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

when majority of bc folks want the grizzly trophy hunt stopped and clark refuses it certainly is relevant
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Farmers and politicians have been spreading the same stuff for decades, it will continue.
Black Dogs Matter
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Perhaps you have no problem feeding your family manure, but I've never approved of the practice. There's nothing wrong with spreading manure on fields as long as it doesn't leech into someone's drinking water, which was happening in the Hullcar district. It took George Heyman of the NDP to bring it forward in the legislature before Mary Polak, Environment Minister, to do anything about it, after ignoring the problem for at least a couple of years.

And yes, 'mj', the grizzly trophy hunt is another instance of the BC Liberals' disregard for our environment, plus the killing of black bears by conservation officers because (a) the funding has been cut so badly that the C.O.'s haven't the time or resources to relocate them, or (b) they've been given 'orders from headquarters'. I'm thinking (b) is more likely, and a good example of that is the way Bruce Casavant was fired.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lasnomadas wrote:Perhaps you have no problem feeding your family manure, but I've never approved of the practice. There's nothing wrong with spreading manure on fields as long as it doesn't leech into someone's drinking water, which was happening in the Hullcar district. It took George Heyman of the NDP to bring it forward in the legislature before Mary Polak, Environment Minister, to do anything about it, after ignoring the problem for at least a couple of years.

Maybe if the idiots are those who drilled wells on active farmland if they had actually thought that threw more, before doing it.

What an idea place a hole with direct access to water supply, right in the middle of working farm fields. :200:
Real morons here are those who thought that was good idea, not 1 ounce of common sense among them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Perhaps you have no problem feeding your family manure, but I've never approved of the practice. There's nothing wrong with spreading manure on fields as long as it doesn't leech into someone's drinking water, which was happening in the Hullcar district. It took George Heyman of the NDP to bring it forward in the legislature before Mary Polak, Environment Minister, to do anything about it, after ignoring the problem for at least a couple of years.

Easier to blame the Liberals than to take responsibility for stupid decisions I suppose.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:The very best thing we can do to stop this fish and wildlife decline

what fish and wildlife decline?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I'd like to see the usual suspects blame the Liberals for this........

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/193373 ... n-exported

I know one of them for certain has been bitching for years about Christy and trips to Asia etc.

So careless of any politician to be looking elsewhere than the US to market our products.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Which came first, the manure or the wells? Hmm?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Old Techie:
I see you'd like to discuss the blueberry and farmed salmon story. Okay, I'll begin a discussion on that topic. See you there.

Return to “B.C.”