Liberal post card mail out

What_the
Übergod

Liberal post card mail out

Post by What_the »

About- "lowest taxes in Canada for middle class families".

What a crock of $&#!
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberal post card mail out

Post by maryjane48 »

haha . remeber on voting day if you are not convinced of the current provincial govts honesty that you will have a way to protest by exercising your right to vote for any party other than the current one

i know im done with party names and i will never vote a party in. im a voting bad govt out type of person now :130: 6
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

What_the wrote:About- "lowest taxes in Canada for middle class families".

What a crock of $&#!

Why not educate yourself first?

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

BC's very low compared to the other provinces.

Under the NDP during the Decade of Doom in the 1990s, BC had among the highest income taxes of all the provinces. IIRC, I think one of the Maritime provinces was a half percent or so more.

The NDP has bitched that our taxes are too low. MJ is right, vote carefully, but just remember if you vote NDP you are voting for much higher taxation, including their proposed tripling of the carbon tax.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

clark already said carbon tax going up . ndp have not said anything . truth still avoids rwede
. .
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:clark already said carbon tax going up . ndp have not said anything . truth still avoids rwede
. .

that is trudeaus tax that will cause ors to go up.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

maryjane48 wrote:clark already said carbon tax going up . ndp have not said anything . truth still avoids rwede
. .

If the New Democrats win the May 9 election, they would leave the carbon tax at the current rate of $30 per metric tonne of emissions until 2020.

By then, British Columbians will have been paying $30 for eight years. When the Liberals reaffirmed that intention last summer, some environmental leaders blasted them for complacency. Perhaps standing pat at $30 will be more acceptable politically if done under the banner of the NDP.

In any event, Horgan proposes to increase the carbon tax to $36 in 2020, $43 in 2021 and $50 (in line with the federal target) in 2022.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columni ... p-ndp-plan
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 4th, 2017, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

C. Clark just keeps playing the numbers game.

But most people are not that dumb.

http://blog.citizenscode.org/2016/04/27 ... x-you-pay/
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

According to crooked Christy It's not a "tax" if it is a "user fee". Kind of like it's not $102 Billion to include as debt if you call it Contractual obligations instead.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

gordon_as wrote:According to crooked Christy It's not a "tax" if it is a "user fee". Kind of like it's not $102 Billion to include as debt if you call it Contractual obligations instead.

You know your cell phone bill and your mortgage payment are the same thing then right? Why did you take out such a large loan with your cell phone? (or do you still think the phone was free with 3 year agreement?)

See the difference?
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Veovis wrote:
gordon_as wrote:According to crooked Christy It's not a "tax" if it is a "user fee". Kind of like it's not $102 Billion to include as debt if you call it Contractual obligations instead.

You know your cell phone bill and your mortgage payment are the same thing then right? Why did you take out such a large loan with your cell phone? (or do you still think the phone was free with 3 year agreement?)

See the difference?

He could never see the difference that is the ndp way. :-X :130:
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Veovis wrote:

See the difference?

I purchased a cell phone , and pay $22 per month for minutes that I use. No Contract.
When I look at my assets / debts , I count my mortgage as a debt.
If I was stupid enough to buy or lease a brand new car that I couldn't afford to pay for up front , I would likely consider that as debt as well. The Liberal way would be to buy an Escalade with 0 down @ 10% over 10 years , and pretend I was debt free.

See the Problem ?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

BC may very well have the "lowest taxes" in Canada, but BC has the highest user fees and license fees in Canada. Because of this, BC residents are no further ahead than the rest of Canada, perhaps even behind some of the other provinces..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Hurtlander wrote:BC may very well have the "lowest taxes" in Canada, but BC has the highest user fees and license fees in Canada. Because of this, BC residents are no further ahead than the rest of Canada, perhaps even behind some of the other provinces..

show link i do not think you are right. :biggrin:
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

I checked an immigration site for those interested in moving to Canada. The cost of living in BC is lower than Alberta and Ontario, which (let's face it) are the only 3 provinces worth living in...... [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by Muzza on Apr 5th, 2017, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “B.C.”