A year of death

ferri
Forum Administrator

A year of death

Post by ferri »

Twelve months and 919 deaths later, the province remains in the throes of an epidemic that shows no signs of slowing down.

It was a year to the day provincial health officer, Dr. Perry Kendall declared a public health emergency in response to an epidemic of opioid-related overdoses in B.C.

Marking the anniversary, Kendall said Thursday that deaths continue to mount despite efforts of volunteers, family, friends, emergency responders, law enforcement and health-care personnel, who have reversed thousands of overdoses and saved hundred of lives.

"This despite emergency orders that authorized overdose prevention sites, and despite unprecedented collaboration at the municipal, provincial and federal levels," said Kendall.

More here: https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/194463/A-year-of-death
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: A year of death

Post by flamingfingers »

And there will be more with the ChristyLiberals and a callous and indifferent Premier Photo-Op who sends us this wholly inappropriate message:
Attachments
Merry Easter.JPG
Chill
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

And here I thought Good Friday commemorated the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Back on topic though , I really don't know what the Liberal Government , or any government for that matter , could have done about this issue.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

gordon_as wrote:And here I thought Good Friday commemorated the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Back on topic though , I really don't know what the Liberal Government , or any government for that matter , could have done about this issue.

Simple. Do what Christ would have done, stand with the lepers.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

What_the wrote:
gordon_as wrote:And here I thought Good Friday commemorated the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Simple. Do what Christ would have done, stand with the lepers.

And treat it for what it is; a medical issue that's everyone's problem.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Coming from an atheist.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I didn't want to start yet another thread about this, so I'm piggybacking on this one.

Opioid crisis: 25 per cent of St. Paul's ER visits are overdoses

Patient Jonathan McCarthur, who was brought in to the ER at St. Paul's because he overdosed, estimates he's OD'd 25 times in the past year alone.
The hospital estimates that one in four emergency room visits are now overdoses: http://ctv.news/Gp9kvMX
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “B.C.”