Provincial debate opinions

wfield

Provincial debate opinions

Post by wfield »

I felt that Mr Weaver of the Green Party was the most believable.
Deean
Fledgling

Re: Provincial debate opinions

Post by Deean »

I agree, the green party presented well although I think free daycare may not be workable as much as $10 per day seems more reasonable.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Weaver is a gentleman and very smart, impressed. Clark held her own and acted like a states person.Horgan was a bully and all he could say is libs. are bad did not expand his platform.I would like to see a lib. minority govt. with the greens with having the sway of power. He has no ties with any outside interests and has a lot of common sense, something that horgan does not. :130:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I think you are probably right alfred2. Minority governments aren't the best but I believe Weaver would be good to work with as long as Christy and the Liberals could get off their high horse long enough to deal.

I thought the best part of the debate was when that loser Horgan said the Liberals were going to win the election. Weaver picked up on it instantly and the look on Horgan's face was priceless. I thought there was no doubt Horgan was absolutely the looser in that round. Weaver turned Horgan on and off at will.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Nobody won at last night's debate, least of all the viewers. All three 'leaders' were pathetic, Clark and Horgan repeating their same old talking points and Weaver stuttering and stammering, taking jabs at Horgan and Clark when he should have stuck to the Green platform.

The moderator was useless, too. Couldn't control all the yammering and interrupting by all the leaders, making it impossible for viewers to hear what anyone was saying most of the time.

No, I'm afraid I came away from this debate more disillusioned and confused than I was before I went in. Glad I have a good Independent candidate in my riding.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

It was a fair debate...much better than the first.
Amazed that Clark has to constantly refer to notes.
Thought Weaver was all over the place and hard to follow.
Actually, thought Horgan did well and made Clark look foolish on Education.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@George+:
But he didn't bring up what everyone needs to hear: her part in all the boondoggles and scandals starting with Railgate and continuing through Ethnicgate, Health Research/Rod MacIsaac suicide, Triple Deletegate, Bollywood, Mt. Polley clean-up, the hiring of Laura Miller and the Harper boys-in-short-pants, etc. He could have asked her about some of these, at least. Of course she wouldn't answer; she didn't even answer what was asked, but people need to be reminded of some of this stuff, especially the BC Liberal supporters who have no memory of what's happened in the past 16 years, but hang onto all their misconceptions of the 1990s.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^^

especially the BC Liberal supporters who have no memory of what's happened in the past 16 years, but hang onto all their misconceptions of the 1990s.

Which has been debunked many times over, including here:

FACT CHECK
Did the NDP really spark a 'decade of decline' as Liberals claim?
Two economic experts 'fact check' B.C. Liberal attack ad and find the message is being massaged

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4085394
Chill
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

George+ wrote:It was a fair debate...much better than the first.
Amazed that Clark has to constantly refer to notes.
Thought Weaver was all over the place and hard to follow.
Actually, thought Horgan did well and made Clark look foolish on Education.

did you watch the debate or are you in lala land horgan was very bad. :smt045
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Watched every minute.

Sun newspaper poll said he won.

Mainstream polls show the NDP ahead...unless there is a big switch to the Greens..

Even some Liberals are considering that.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

George+ wrote:Watched every minute.

Sun newspaper poll said he won.

Mainstream polls show the NDP ahead...unless there is a big switch to the Greens..

Even some Liberals are considering that.

Horgan was terrible, only an ndp brainwashed would believe otherwise. :130:
faith177

Post by faith177 »

Its time to give the Green party a chance!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:^^^

especially the BC Liberal supporters who have no memory of what's happened in the past 16 years, but hang onto all their misconceptions of the 1990s.

Which has been debunked many times over, including here:

FACT CHECK
Did the NDP really spark a 'decade of decline' as Liberals claim?
Two economic experts 'fact check' B.C. Liberal attack ad and find the message is being massaged

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4085394

We certainly have drastically different definitions of what "debunking" means.

Even in that article, they couldn't explain away the distinct differences, in positive figures generated during Liberal rule.

At one point in time, and very briefly, BC was at 10% unemployment, but the best it ever got under the NDP was still almost 8%, whereas we are at 5% now.

The toughest hurdle to deal with and overcome, was the crash in 07/08, and we came through it quite well. Certainly a far more challenging time than the Asia crisis the NDP choose to blame for their lack of performance.

Those two people whose opinions they sought, one needs to remember it is exactly that, their opinion. I'll bet if we go out and hand pick a few people to study the numbers in a light that favors the Liberals, they would be pretty easy to find, though their job would be much easier as the numbers are in their favor, so they wouldn't have to concoct some bafflegab to make it seem the NDP did just great.

I seemed to me the highlight of their argument, was that shortly after a change of governing party, a bit of baggage followed insofar as bad numbers went, which is not exactly a revelation, given that no one can take power and change things in an instant, and certainly not at an economic level.

It takes while for new legislation to be not only enacted, but recognized by business and potential employees as a positive step, one that attracts business, which in turn attracts employees. After the NDP were removed, it took a few years to get things flowing in the right direction again. That has happened and successfully.

Under Liberal rule, our trade position with Asia has significantly improved, and that despite someone posting disparaging remarks about said trips numerous times. I'm sure the farmers benefiting aren't viewing those trips as a waste of time and tax dollars.

The main thing anyone can take away from that article, is that the ad is telling the truth, because if it wasn't, I'm sure there'd already be another court case in the works, filed by some disgruntled NDP sympathizer.

I'll accept and trust Statistics Canada's figures, and findings, any day of the week over some banker, who for all I know votes NDP. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Do NOT vote Green you will get Clark, again.

The Greens have way to far to go.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I didn't think they stood a chance in hell but I bet NDP sneaks a win this time around

Return to “B.C.”