Johnny Rockets starting wage, $15.00

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Johnny Rockets starting wage, $15.00

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:
You are very wrong, its very easy. Its called making your own

Not everyone has the luxury of being home every night - many of us are on the road more than we are in our own beds. For others, sometimes its just nice to get out and not do anything for a night. Not everyone is in the same shoes as you.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:if you cant pay atleast 15 in any c9mpany you should close up shop . the argument that rasing minimum wage is now mooot with robotics and ai coming online . we will need a guarenteed income .

Automation replacing workers is nothing new - its been around for centuries. Time to for you to move on from this moot argument.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Dizzy1 wrote: The US can also keep Shake Shack - blech!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Let's not go saying things we can't take back!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/196878 ... ets-to-B-C

There's not one thing in that photo that I'd eat.
I look at the poor health and obesity that's out there- it's all around us- and I shake my head.
Most people haven't a clue what good food is anymore.
They're all duped by advertising, convinced that corporate america knows what's best.
The last thing I trust is anyone when there's money involved.

<<off to eat my kelp>>
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

to bad dizzy but the replacement of workers by artifical i telligence hasnt been happening for 100 of years . robots alsoo havent taken the amount they will in near future . a guarenteed income will happen inthe future . not to far off. there wont be jobs for the masses .
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:to bad dizzy but the replacement of workers by artifical i telligence hasnt been happening for 100 of years . robots alsoo havent taken the amount they will in near future . a guarenteed income will happen inthe future . not to far off. there wont be jobs for the masses .

Automation replacing human labour is automation replacing human labour - doesn't matter if it's by the wind or a microchip - the end result is identical.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:You are very wrong, its very easy. Its called making your own

Dizzy1 wrote:Not everyone has the luxury of being home every night - many of us are on the road more than we are in our own beds. For others, sometimes its just nice to get out and not do anything for a night. Not everyone is in the same shoes as you.

It's not luxury, its a matter of choice. If & when I eat out (which I do), I don't go out & eat worse choice possible i.e fast food crap.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:
It's not luxury, its a matter of choice. If & when I eat out (which I do), I don't go out & eat worse choice possible i.e fast food crap.

Being in the road more than home meaning one doesn't get a chance to cook themselves is a luxury.

As for going out to eat, yes, where we go is a choice. You go where you want to go and I don't criticize you for your choice. I go where I want to go and I expect not to be criticized myself. I enjoy burgers - the more choices we have the better and I most certainly don't have to justify my personal choice to you not anyone else.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:It's not luxury, its a matter of choice. If & when I eat out (which I do), I don't go out & eat worse choice possible i.e fast food crap.

Dizzy1 wrote:Being in the road more than home meaning one doesn't get a chance to cook themselves is a luxury.

As for going out to eat, yes, where we go is a choice. You go where you want to go and I don't criticize you for your choice. I go where I want to go and I expect not to be criticized myself. I enjoy burgers - the more choices we have the better and I most certainly don't have to justify my personal choice to you not anyone else.

Fair enough, you eat your choice as I will eat my choice. leave it at that
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Is talking about eating healthy is another annoying behaviour going mainstream? Like talking about being vegan?

Seriously, the topic is a fast food restaurant. Do you really have to start preaching about healthy eating here?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote:Is talking about eating healthy is another annoying behaviour going mainstream? Like talking about being vegan?

Seriously, the topic is a fast food restaurant. Do you really have to start preaching about healthy eating here?

Your right healthy & fast food are complete opposites, go eat to your hearts content

no one is stopping anyone from eating whatever they want
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Even Steven wrote:Is talking about eating healthy is another annoying behaviour going mainstream? Like talking about being vegan?

I didn't notice anyone preaching healthy eating, although some of us mentioned we want healthy choices offered to us.
I for one am working on the road around 300 days a year most years. At times the only place open I can eat at is a fast food place.
Thankfully more and more are now offering choices such as vegi burgers ( I am a vegitarian )
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I can't believe people. They want a minimum wage, they hate the restaurants that pay low wages, blah, blah, blah and one comes along that says it will pay well above the minimum for minimum wage jobs and again they complain. What is it like to live in such a negative world. I can't imagine how unhappy you must be.

I have never eaten at one these restaurants but certainly will if I get a chance. We enjoy good fast food once and a while. We believe anything in moderation is okay but that is a personal choice. The sad part is we all pay for peoples bad choices, poor eating, drinking, using drugs and even many good things are bad when overindulged. I for one am happy to see a business that works for the good of it's employees. And hey for those who wish they have salads. Good on them as they seem to be succeeding.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Smurf wrote:I can't believe people. They want a minimum wage, they hate the restaurants that pay low wages, blah, blah, blah and one comes along that says it will pay well above the minimum for minimum wage jobs and again they complain. What is it like to live in such a negative world. I can't imagine how unhappy you must be.

:castanet:
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Have been to Johnny Rockets several times when in San Jose, California.........had one next to the Fairmont there. I thought it was a pretty decent burger and the menu is HUGE with lots to choose from. And yes, the shakes were very good. It would certainly be a nice change to have one in Kelowna. Very tired of the burgers here as every bar/grill, sports bar, you name it tastes the same. White Spot burgers have their own traditional good flavor and as far as "fast food".......Teen Burgers and Onion Rings from the A&W on 97 at Leathead are consistently good. Have to agree with one poster on here..........In-N-Out Burger with their small menu is always good and cheap.

Until we get some Greek people open up a "burger joint" here, we will have to settle. Remember the SNL skit with Belushi and Ackroyd taking orders for "cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger.........no Coke, Pepsi". Those type of burger joints exist east of here starting in Winnipeg.

Return to “B.C.”