Road rage slugfest

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Road rage slugfest

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#197229 wow, old man held his own with the a hole younger male
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: road rage slugfest

Post by jimmy4321 »

Assuming this thing just began when recording started, the oldtimer looks to be the first to leave his vehicle and attack the younger guy. Regardless of what got them to this point in terms of getting them both fired up or whatever if what i see is all that happened in terms of fighting , the older guy is wrong.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Even though I would and have never engaged in acts like this I can honestly say I've sure felt like it at times...lol

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing in the last week or so are people in Kelowna driving like exceptionally stupid morons?

Edited to add:

Yeah, yeah blame the old guy... :up:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

It looked like the younger guy stomped the old guy's glasses toward the end. That made me laugh.

Never, never, never get out of your vehicle in these situations. Nothing good will come of it.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Road rage slugfest

Post by jimmy4321 »

After some cheap shots through an open window the older guy pulled the younger one out. There would be no win for the younger guy if he had defended himself properly, clearly he resisted exiting the vehicle.
Imagine that headline Lol
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Old rich guy in fancy car thinks he's above the law and can punch people for whatever reason LOL.

How typical.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Even Steven wrote:Old rich guy in fancy car thinks he's above the law and can punch people for whatever reason LOL.

How typical.

old rich guy ? how so
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

the truth wrote:old rich guy ? how so

Well, he's old. And rich - Land Cruisers are usually something wealthy people (or people that pretend to be wealthy) drive.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

What if you're British and need a 4x4.. A proper Brit, cant just go get a Ram you know..
Hes probably Irish... :130: don't *bleep* off the Irish old guys. :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

As always -- without exception -- there are two sides to every story.

The young guy was posting on Facebook today, and apparently purposely blocked the older guy in his parking spot with his car. When the old guy finally got out, he pulled alongside the young guy and gave him a piece of his mind. The young guy claims the older guy was being racist -- the older guy denies this emphatically. The young guy then used some pretty terrible language about the older guys wife, and spit at them. At this point, the older guy blew his cork, and the fight was on.

The young guy made some extremely racist comments about the older guy. From the tone of the posts, I tend to believe the older guy -- but full disclosure -- I'm an old bugger myself, and probably would have come unglued too, if someone called my wife what this guy did, and spit at us.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Interesting. I've heard a lot of racist cards being pulled over the years by those that haven't a clue what they are talking about. I don't agree with the senior coming unglued like that but I can understand why. Obviously so did others. No one is being charged.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Disgraceful behaviour on both sides. Grown men unable to control themselves, who knows how many children resided in vehicles nearby and witnessed this poor judgement and how frightening this would have appeared to them. It doesn't matter what led to the supposed road rage, it's a pretty sad display to see a man clearly that should know better and people wonder why there is such a lack of respect amongst the generations going both ways.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

OldIslander wrote:As always -- without exception -- there are two sides to every story.

The young guy was posting on Facebook today, and apparently purposely blocked the older guy in his parking spot with his car. When the old guy finally got out, he pulled alongside the young guy and gave him a piece of his mind. The young guy claims the older guy was being racist -- the older guy denies this emphatically. The young guy then used some pretty terrible language about the older guys wife, and spit at them. At this point, the older guy blew his cork, and the fight was on.

The young guy made some extremely racist comments about the older guy. From the tone of the posts, I tend to believe the older guy -- but full disclosure -- I'm an old bugger myself, and probably would have come unglued too, if someone called my wife what this guy did, and spit at us.

guess its ok that the brown guy can make racist comments , white guy should ask the rcmp to look into it as being a hate crime
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yea the brown guy should because clearly the old white guy only attacked the brown guy for his color . prolly a ezra fan :130:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

OldIslander wrote:As always -- without exception -- there are two sides to every story.

mj ,did you not read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Return to “B.C.”