Kinder Morgan?

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kinder Morgan?

Post by Dizzy1 »

hobbyguy wrote:It is an older Forester SUV, and they used the gas tank out of the Impreza. It is tiny for the vehicle.

You should be getting close to 600kms for that vehicle
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Mostly driven in town, and a small tank. EPA ratings 18/23 MPG when new - not great. Theoretically by EPA rating (usually higher than what you get) 270 miles of range in town when new and down to fumes.

Newer models are much better, and bigger tanks. Edit: oops! http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f107/bigger-gas-tank-253090/

"Does anybody sell bigger (or auxiliary) gas tank for Subaru (2013)? Less than 300 mile driving range is very annoying especially when you are out in the country. Is the gas tanks are the only options?"
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

hobbyguy wrote:Mostly driven in town, and a small tank. EPA ratings 18/23 MPG when new - not great. Theoretically by EPA rating (usually higher than what you get) 270 miles of range in town when new and down to fumes.

Newer models are much better, and bigger tanks. Edit: oops! http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f107/bigger-gas-tank-253090/

"Does anybody sell bigger (or auxiliary) gas tank for Subaru (2013)? Less than 300 mile driving range is very annoying especially when you are out in the country. Is the gas tanks are the only options?"

Thats dismal for a Japanese car. From a quick Google search, your car has a 60L tank and you're looking at 12L/100km city with an automatic, so that should be 500 on a tank, which is still pretty sad (no offence). My old 1996 Passat and 2001 Golf got 700km on a 55L tank (gas) combined highway/city - 600km just city, straight highway, I could push it to about 800km.

My 2004 Mustang GT got 400km city and thats a 60L tank with a V8.

As far as EPA ratings go, out of my personal experience, when my driving is disciplined (not always easy lol), I find the numbers pretty close to bang on, sometimes I get a tad better - but again, thats my personal experience.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

My experience with Japanese SUVs is that sometimes they don't get the power to weight balance right, a small engine running too hard uses as much or more fuel than a bigger one. The older Pathfinders were that way, the 176 hp older models were gas guzzlers, the 235 hp ones were much better.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

hobbyguy wrote:My experience with Japanese SUVs is that sometimes they don't get the power to weight balance right, a small engine running too hard uses as much or more fuel than a bigger one. The older Pathfinders were that way, the 176 hp older models were gas guzzlers, the 235 hp ones were much better.

That's true, sometimes too small an engine in heavy vehicles kills fuel economy. If I drive sensibility I can go 650 Km with my V6 AWD Venza, it only has a 60L tank.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “B.C.”