Building unsafe

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Building unsafe

Post by the truth »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4144301 more bs from the over educated in charge of inforcing city laws , owner has been orderd to repair building over and over again ,but all they do is talk, nothing more nothing less , they care about the homeless--i think not--- go back to do what you do best ,push paper
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: building unsafe

Post by LANDM »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 3rd, 2017, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
You and 71 others Like this post
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 3rd, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 3rd, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Building unsafe

Post by FreeRights »

It's easy to accuse the inspectors for not "acting" sooner, but they are limited in what they can do in the given situations.

I've been inside this building and when I was there, the living conditions were horrendous and disturbing. Now, it's been evacuated not because of those conditions, but because of the structural integrity of the building, and as a result, inspectors are enabled to do more.

This is exactly the kind of example that we should read up on before coming to any conclusion as to what did, or what should happen next.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Did the owners donate to Gregor's war chest or (more likely) to the ChristyLiberals and Rich Coleman who holds the Housing portfolio?
Chill
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-orders-sro-owners-to-repair-building-unsafe-for-people-1.4144301 more bs from the over educated ...

Nobody has ever been "over educated" in the history of mankind. Do you have a problem with people having a higher level of education and being better informed?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] better informed i think not, the people in charge have done nothing ,thats my problem
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

FreeRights wrote:It's easy to accuse the inspectors for not "acting" sooner, but they are limited in what they can do in the given situations.

I've been inside this building and when I was there, the living conditions were horrendous and disturbing. Now, it's been evacuated not because of those conditions, but because of the structural integrity of the building, and as a result, inspectors are enabled to do more.

This is exactly the kind of example that we should read up on before coming to any conclusion as to what did, or what should happen next.

that building has been a problem at least the last 20 years, and the city has done nothing
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote:[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] better informed i think not, the people in charge have done nothing ,thats my problem

So, you're saying that they are under educated?
Or is it that you disagree with them because you apply "common sense" and they rely on other criteria?
harblz
Board Meister

Post by harblz »

the truth wrote:more bs from the over educated

I completely agree, we really do need people with LESS knowledge making the important decisions. REAL people don't need any fancy degrees to get stuff done!!! +1 to the TRUTH!
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the truth wrote:
FreeRights wrote:It's easy to accuse the inspectors for not "acting" sooner, but they are limited in what they can do in the given situations.

that building has been a problem at least the last 20 years, and the city has done nothing

Did you bother reading anything that I wrote?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Lol^^
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

Return to “B.C.”