Hip... hip.... hooray, could be other Election

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Hip... hip.... hooray, could be other Election

Post by GordonH »

Just because as :cuss: hole politicians just can't or won't work together, so other 44 million up in smoke.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/199138 ... r-election

Hopefully who causes this to happen i.e calls for non-confidence vote. Gets slammed in that election

Bunch of as :cuss: hole politicians, voters of BC should say fu work together for next 4 years
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Hip... hip.... hooray, could be other Election

Post by Queen K »

Oh absolutely. So sort of reform re Speaker of the House needs to be instituted as this stupid situation shows us a weakness rarely seen.

Quit being power hungry babies and someone put the it in order damn it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:cry: Please no. I don't know if Trip, diesel and I could stand another one.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Please no. I don't know if Trip, diesel and I could stand another one.

My god!
Has no one thought of the mods!? :D
Seriously though....policing the election forum must have been exhausting.
Maybe y'all should do a three strikes and you are suspended for a month.
Post three clearly OT responses and go sit in the corner until August.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

ferri wrote::cry: Please no. I don't know if Trip, diesel and I could stand another one.

There there, just a short 3 and a half years til the next US election.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Except that they get a head start on their election of about three years down there so in about six months . . .
:biggrin:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Honestly if the options are the party who won the election, losing governance to second and third fiddle, who do not have a mandate from the people of BC, then I think the cost of another election is a small price to pay, compared to the damage a Horgan government could do in a very short period of time.

Simply stopping Site "C" progress, we're looking at $600+ million down the drain, with nothing to show for it, so $45 million for another election seems like a good deal, to try and get a clear mandate from the people.

If that happens to be Horgan, so be it, but I very highly doubt that.

Given the outcome I predict Liberal defectors will return, and quite possibly, some who were maybe a bit complacent, figuring the Liberals would win and all is well, will get off their butts and go vote. The NDP did a good job of getting their voter base out to vote, so the Liberals need to do the same.

The Greens will have had their moment in the spotlight and be returned to obscurity.

If we're still stuck with her, I do hope Clark does less attacking and more sticking to the issues. Horgan gave her enough ammunition to make him squirm when he is faced with the hard questions, but I don't feel she took proper advantage of that.

I shouldn't be that hard to say, here's the books and how we have come to arrive at our budget, on the other hand your proposals have a 6 billion dollar hole in them. How are you going to pay for that John? Tell the voters how much you plan on raising their taxes to pay for your gifts.

At what income level are you applying said increases?

Why don't you tell the lower mainland commuters how you plan to remove bridge tolls, but get the money under another name?

How do you plan to pay for $10 a day daycare when the same plan in Quebec has failed so miserably, to the tune of billions?

You know, all the hard questions his platform forgot to answer!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Go ahead,Guichon.........make my day. Let's have another election ASAP so I can watch the BC Liberals end up with 0 seats like they did when they last ran under the Social Credit banner. Then we'd have at least 4, 8, or maybe even 12 years to get B.C. back in the black and on track to meet our climate action commitments while the Libs regrouped under the BC Conservative banner.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It was interesting to have a look at the Quebec subsidized daycare. I was indeed surprised to see that it is not that great, especially when parents get the revised tax bill at the end of the year. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/09/29/child-care-subsidy_n_8178184.html and http://www.childcarecanada.org/documents/child-care-news/17/05/why-subsidized-home-daycares-are-struggling-survive-quebec

That kind of brings me back to the Green party proposal of expanding schools, and introducing early childhood education for 3-4 year olds, and subsidized daycares for under 3 - with the option $500/month stipends for stay at home parents. It would not be cheap, but my gut tells me it would be a good investment, is doable.

That's where I get torn about the Greens, they have a number of well thought out, costed, tax planned, budgeted policy options. Too bad they took the "low road" after the election.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

I would never vote for Green because Weaver supporting NDP but also because it is completely outrageous IMO that Weaver wants to implement capital gains on primary residence.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

weavers and horgans day care will cost you more then now, on top of that horgan will put an empolyee payroll tax like ndp did in man. ls you are in a dream world like most climate doomsday,get back to reality and see the changes from oil to other means in the next 75 years in an orderly fashion :130:
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Temet Nosce wrote:I would never vote for Green because Weaver supporting NDP but also because it is completely outrageous IMO that Weaver wants to implement capital gains on primary residence.

I would have thought about voting for the Green's at on time too, but when they brought David :cuss: Suzuki on board that ended my love in with the Greenies real quick
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Leifer wrote:
Please no. I don't know if Trip, diesel and I could stand another one.

My god!
Has no one thought of the mods!? :D
Seriously though....policing the election forum must have been exhausting.
Maybe y'all should do a three strikes and you are suspended for a month.
Post three clearly OT responses and go sit in the corner until August.

:132: I just had this awful image of Liberals and conservatives sharing the same corner.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I have idea (it may not be a good idea, it's just an idea):

A still standing match, all of BC MLA's locked in a gym to brawl it out. The group with most still standing after few hours wins. Save a hell of a lot on election costs. :laugh:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

GordonH wrote:I have idea (it may not be a good idea, it's just an idea):

A still standing match, all of BC MLA's locked in a gym to brawl it out. The group with most still standing after few hours wins. Save a hell of a lot on election costs. :laugh:

As long as it is not held in Victoria, Christy does not like to be in Victoria.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “B.C.”