Hip... hip.... hooray, could be other Election

Dawggss

Re: Hip... hip.... hooray, could be other Election

Post by Dawggss »

Well based on the laws of math - if NDP has lost >22% of voter support since election, they would have had 53+% at the time of the election - and by extrapolation the Liberals must have had less than the 40% in the 'poll' Rwede presented.
So how did Liberals get more elected seats then?
Why are the NDP not in a position of majority?
Flaws.

As I said - polls are useless except for agendas - and statistics can be used in many ways - inappropriate and/or valid.
“Left vs Right is an out-dated concept and an oversimplification of the 21st Century.” James Morcan

“What if I told you that the Left Wing and the Right Wing belong to the same bird?”
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Dawggss wrote:Well based on the laws of math - if NDP has lost >22% of voter support since election, they would have had 53+% at the time of the election - and by extrapolation the Liberals must have had less than the 40% in the 'poll' Rwede presented.
So how did Liberals get more elected seats then?
Why are the NDP not in a position of majority?
Flaws.

As I said - polls are useless except for agendas - and statistics can be used in many ways - inappropriate and/or valid.

Math is HARD, stay in school!

40 - 31 = 9

9/40 = 22.5% of their support.

They had 40, they are down to 31, and that's a decline of 22.5% of their election day support. And that's exactly what I said in my post.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And then there is the Insight poll that shows the Liberals getting hosed.

Must make Clark and Co. Extremely nervous.

All of this can be solved very easily ..

The Liberals cooperate as Christy said they would, with the new govt,
And help pass her NDP legislation.

Case closed.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ The Insight poll was an online poll. The Mainstreet poll was done by phone - real people talking to real people.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Online polling is still real people.

Both can be easily manipulated.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

George - hardly case closed closed. 3-4 ridings were swung by the promise of eliminating bridge tolls. Then when the NDP real position, eliminate the bridge tolls and REPLACE them with something more punishing, mobility pricing, was revealed - a whole lot of people were severely annoyed.

All it takes in those ridings is for a decent percentage of the voters that swung the ridings over that issue to swing back, and "poof" Liberals go up to 45-47 seats.

What we can say factually, is that the whole NDG coalition mess has got a lot of folks thinking a lot more about the whole situation, and nobody can hope to predict anything.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

This confidence motion is a risky game. What are the chances we simply get a Horgen led coalition government without an election?

There's about 3 ways this can go, and none of them are going to be an easy ride.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Or
Clark forces an election.
The NDP and Greens merge and or cooperate and
POOF!

Huge Majority.

Liberals better be thinking hard about this.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

George+ wrote:The NDP and Greens merge and or cooperate
Green won't like bridge tolls disappearing or the union intimidation bill. That merger would be unlikely.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 29th, 2017, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

George+ wrote:Or
POOF!

Huge Majority.

you live in fantasy land, ndp and green would lose badly.. horgan has no idea of wahat he is doing, and weaver has put his foot mouth and body into a dumb situation. [icon_lol2.gif]
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

George+ wrote:Or
POOF!

Huge Majority.

If that happens, not my choice but certainly better than the status quo. 43 seats each is just not going to work. have a snap election and get a majority and things will get done. Not looking forward to higher taxes, eventual deficit budgets and giving free or cheap accommodation to those that want to live in one of the most expensive jurisdictions in the world on the backs of the working lot outside( and inside) the lower mainland. But if that is the case, hope just 4 years before people come to their senses and vote for reality.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

So...you won't be voting Liberal because
They have promised all that?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

One day George you will actually explain something with facts and math and all that icky stuff.

Let's pick one for you.

Just exactly how does the NDP promise of affordable housing in Vancouver work. Please explain the economics behind it, how it can be implemented by the provincial government, and give examples of jurisdictions where such an approach has worked.

Thanks
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

^^^^^ #crickets

Return to “B.C.”