Chilliwack animal cruelty

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Chilliwack animal cruelty

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote:Have grown and slaughtered and processed hundreds of chickens - from fryers to roasters and then to stewing hens - all grown on pasture with some commercial feed to supplement. Most all were heritage breeds and all dual purpose - eggs and meat. Breast and legs were pretty well equal in weight - no bowed legs, scalded breasts and the flavor was terrific!! The breast meat was definitely a clear white while the thighs and legs were a dark beige with a relative abundance of fat that was a pearly yellow. We rendered down the excess fat for frying and baking. If you ever have a chance to eat a REAL pasture raised chicken you will be pleasantly surprised at the amazing difference between it and store-bought.

I hear ya flamingfingers my sister raises chickens & turkeys. I have not had store bought turkey in years
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

flamingfingers wrote:Have grown and slaughtered and processed hundreds of chickens - from fryers to roasters and then to stewing hens - all grown on pasture with some commercial feed to supplement. Most all were heritage breeds and all dual purpose - eggs and meat. Breast and legs were pretty well equal in weight - no bowed legs, scalded breasts and the flavor was terrific!! The breast meat was definitely a clear white while the thighs and legs were a dark beige with a relative abundance of fat that was a pearly yellow. We rendered down the excess fat for frying and baking. If you ever have a chance to eat a REAL pasture raised chicken you will be pleasantly surprised at the amazing difference between it and store-bought.

Preaching to the choir, Fingers, preaching to the choir. :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Ain't nothin like pasture raised natural goodness!!!

Once you have natural, you never go back... :biggrin:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

QueenK should remember. Who or what was the name of the forum abattoir from a few years back? It's totally escaping me. She was a she.

Mechanized farming is brutal. I'd like like to find these farm to table sources.

Suggestions? Have no idea where to start looking.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

GordonH wrote:
ShannonG wrote:I wish Castanet wasn't so hard to post pictures on or I would show you what REAL chicken looks like. The meat is purple, and the fat is yellow.

Check your PM

I echo that. Shouldn't have to resize pics or use a hosting service.
Just saying.
But, off topic.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

What_the wrote:QueenK should remember. Who or what was the name of the forum abattoir from a few years back? It's totally escaping me. She was a she.

Mechanized farming is brutal. I'd like like to find these farm to table sources.

Suggestions? Have no idea where to start looking.

Kelowna's Farmers Market is a great place to start.

Castanet and other similar venues sadly do not allow meat producers to advertise their products so

one has to do a bit of digging.

Many local butchers offer locally produced meats as well.

There are often ads on bulletin boards in the local feed stores too.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

“I don’t want to work for a company that has people who treat chickens like that,” she said.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#199634
Okay - I'm not understanding this. She quits her job after the video came to light. The company doesn't want workers that treat animals like that yet she quits? Was she part of the problem or could she have helped with the problem?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Fancy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#199634
Okay - I'm not understanding this. She quits her job after the video came to light. The company doesn't want workers that treat animals like that yet she quits? Was she part of the problem or could she have helped with the problem?

Hummm...her voice was heard in one of the videos?

How can someone who was present not hear a chicken screaming from getting its legs ripped off?

Even in a din of a noisy barn there is some noise you can tell is different from the norm.

If she knew her fellow staffers were kicking animals out of frustration did she report it? Did she intervene to stop it?

There's more to this...
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

coco2000 wrote:The employees should be charged, not just fired.
If they had did these acts with a human, PRISON time for sure.

You are absolutely correct Coco...those employees should be charged and an investigation

conducted to see who all knew about this and perhaps stayed silent not reporting or intervening.
- Unknown
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

The shift supervisor ought to fired if hasn't already. I've been one and higher many times,and this shouldn't have gone unnoticed. It's the job. To watch the employees.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”