Interior Health screws its employees once again

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Interior Health screws its employees once again

Post by maryjane48 »

corrupt clark is as true as sky is blue :130: . still amazes me that anyone would defend a criminal like clark and her thug crew :smt045
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:
Veovis wrote:Well then since you are fully informed it seems, which admin can be eliminated?

How many work days just as long or longer than doctors and nurses?

How many put in the hours they do if you cut their pay in half? (many have already taken cuts)

Honestly I don't work there, I have just tired of the "get the admin" argument that is most often based on the simple logic of "I don't know what they do therefore they must do nothing" mentality.

I think it's just career jealousy by the unskilled grunts who can't fathom what years of post secondary education and experience brings to an organization.

Yes, and it's become systemic in our society. Anti-intellectualism is the new disease, if it's new at all. Maybe it's just more noticeable. And no one with university degrees, higher learning, years of experience or professional status is immune from the new disease: in a nutshell, "those guys don't know nuthin."

One google search of "anti-intellectualism" gives the usual thousands of hits. Here's one I thought fit

http://www.acsh.org/news/2016/06/26/ant ... rn-society

Vevois is right in this case: When one doesn't know what goes into getting the professionals to Kelowna and what they are up against it's all too easy to assume administration types aren't doing anything. You'd think Kelowna is a slam dunk for getting people who want to practice their profession here, but I'll bet there are challenges not immediately obvious to a casual observer.

As for the loss of good paying jobs, we will see more demands to foodbanks, toy runs, social assistance, affordable housing and societal ills such as children having a harder time with not having parents who are able to assist them to higher learning. Perhaps a Victorian type society is forming right before our very eyes?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
bob57

Post by bob57 »

Veovis wrote:
Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Because some people are desperate and F it up for everyone. Even though it sounds like I'm slagging the desperate, I'm not. It is a sad state of a business succeeding on the backs of the vulnerable.

Companies like this usually find a way to fire those who dare try to unionize. And if you are the kind of worker who works for 11.50 this kind of a job, you probably have a lot on your plate and not likely to organize in the first place.

Yes this is a gross assumption - and yet I stand by an ugly mostly-true

I find it funny that everyone feels that if an overpaid position is changed than the new contract people must be horrible people.

People say that about the NDP gov hoping to rule and folks yell "give it a chance!!!!"

Maybe we should wait and see here too.......

Healthcare is tapped out, there is no more money and they are trying to keep the doctors and nurses. If the choice was 50 doctors, 90 nurses and 30 laundry, or 60 doctors, 105 nurses and contracted laundry, what servers the sick better?

let's maybe find out and calm the same old lynch mob that always comes out yelling "union union union" and caring nothing for reality of care delivery.

There is ALWAYS more money. Its called taxation and it is endless.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lets see. hmmm 10 billion for dam we dont need. im sure that would go long ways in healthcare. but the jokes really on us because this contractor is out to make money. not do taxpayers any favours . hopefully the ndp can shut this garbage down
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

QK's link wrote:another Jew liar and deceiver [who] writes for Monsatan."

http://www.acsh.org/news/2016/06/26/ant ... rn-society
So laughed out loud at the absurdity.

But

The authors right about incivility, anti intellectualism and tribalism.

From left field, carry on.
Last edited by What_the on Jun 19th, 2017, 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

fam of 4 wrote:is a sad state of a business succeeding on the backs of the vulnerable.

Ugh. Truth.

fam of 4 wrote: an ugly mostly-true

Excellent way to put it.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

flamingfingers wrote:Pay to Play!!

Friday, June 16, 2017
TDDIC...One More Big Money Donor Sees A Full Return On Investment.
PayToPlayAllTheWayToThe
BitterEndVille

Link

What's it all about this time Alfie?

Well...

As is so often the case with Crony Party parties, the song remains the same.

The following is from Nancy Macdonald's Maclean's piece published a few months ago:

...British Columbians’ faith in democracy is being undermined by the vast sums flooding the system, and there’s a growing concern that their government is essentially being bought and paid for by a wealthy clique...

{snip}

...Critics similarly point to contributions by large companies like Ecotex Healthcare Linen Service ($115,000 donated to the Liberal party since 2005), Emil Anderson Construction ($50,000), Kinder Morgan and its industry supporters ($719,000) and Imperial Metals and its subsidiaries ($195,000). Those same companies have, respectively, received a 20-year government laundry contract, a $36-million six-lane highway expansion contract, Clark’s approval for a controversial pipeline and a permit to open a new mine. In the case of the mine approval, it came one year after Imperial Metal’s controlling shareholder, N. Murray Edwards, hosted a $1-million fundraiser for Clark in Calgary...

You can read more of our previous posts on the Ecotex 'deal'.....Here.
Previous 'This Doomed Day In Clarkland' (TDDIC) posts can be found....Here.

Read the rest and any comments here:

http://pacificgazette.blogspot.ca/

PAY TO PLAY!

Horgan promises his main donor unions that he'll abolish the secret ballot and go back to 1950s intimidation and bullying during certification drives!

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/b ... ral-reform

Contributions Search Results (S-A1)
Search Criteria
Contributor Name Date From Date To Filer Name Filer Type Affiliation Electoral District
union (ALL) (ALL) BC NDP (ALL)
Modify SearchPrinter Friendly Printer FriendlyDownload Search Results
Search Results
Total Contribution For This Search: $8,294,160.21
Records 1 to 50 of 4654

http://contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc ... lerSK=(ALL)&EDSK=0&FilerTypeSK=0&Contributor=union&PartySK=7&ED=(ALL)&FilerType=(ALL)&Filer=(ALL)&Party=BC+NDP&DateTo=&DateFrom=&DFYear=&DFMonth=&DFDay=&DTYear=&DTMonth=&DTDay=

I bet Horgan's first stop will be the new laundry services! After all, he has 4,654 union donations to bring financial returns to!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
put-for-dough
Fledgling

Post by put-for-dough »

ECO TEX pays its employees between 13-15 an hour. some are students working summer jobs. they are having a hard time finding employees as they are located in Lake Country which has very poor transit service especially if you work nights.
I wish them luck being able to keep running as we all know the cost of living in Kelowna due to high rents is not easily done when you only clear $1300 a month. Not a very well thought out location. I understand from friends that work at IH there have already been issues with laundry being delivered as well as mops and cloths. It will be interesting to see if they end up building accommodation for foreign workers to fill their employee demand as I am sure they would rather have a write off like that than pay even higher wages. although higher wages would allow a person to own a vehicle and make it worthwhile driving to the site.

Return to “B.C.”