Throne Speech - June 2017

alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Throne Speech - June 2017

Post by alfred2 »

Queen K wrote:Right, so in her darkest hour she steals platform talking points from her opponents.

only a smart politican would do what she did. this will shake up the libs and we will see more of a stable govt. by them. Weaver has to support them now for his own good.If he does then we may get rid of hogan, and maybe christy. :130:
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

We don't know the motivations. We don't know if premier Clark would have liked to move on those things before, but the caucus would not buy them.

We do know it is shrewd politically.

Beyond that, it is all conjecture and opinion.

We do know that the "Christy haters" will project nastiness onto it, but they have nothing but their own blood colored gl;*bleep* to base that on.

I don't care, because I have said for a long time that I wanted half of the Green platform and half of the Liberal platform - and that's exactly what the throne speech reflects.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^But you voted for Christy's 'status quo' platform didn't you?

And you feel that it's okay that all these policy flip-flops were annoted with the weasel-words 'as soon as possible' - and WHEN will that 'as soon as possible' happen? Next year? Two years from now or maybe 4 years from now - in time for the NEXT election?
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Sums up:

Clark acknowledged in an interview with Postmedia News this week that her government was a “bull in a china shop” on jobs and the economy, but should have moved sooner on social reforms.

She didn’t. The resulting throne speech was a mess that has damaged the credibility of Clark, de Jong and the Liberal brand. Now, the recriminations begin.

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/r ... redibility
Chill
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

hobbyguy wrote:We don't know the motivations. We don't know if premier Clark would have liked to move on those things before, but the caucus would not buy them.

We do know it is shrewd politically.

Beyond that, it is all conjecture and opinion.

We do know that the "Christy haters" will project nastiness onto it, but they have nothing but their own blood colored gl;*bleep* to base that on.

I don't care, because I have said for a long time that I wanted half of the Green platform and half of the Liberal platform - and that's exactly what the throne speech reflects.

I do not care either, as long as she follows up with what I want too. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^My advice: Don't hold your breath. Christy will only do what is best for her. Always has; always will.
Chill
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:^^My advice: Don't hold your breath. Christy will only do what is best for her. Always has; always will.

Perhaps.

I see you're not suggesting Horgan and Weaver are cut from different cloth.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:^^But you voted for Christy's 'status quo' platform didn't you?

Moreso I voted against Horgan's "insanely stupid" platform. But it's the NDP. They can always be counted on to be insanely stupid.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:^^nevertheless Urb, nepotism and favoritism to the detriment of the taxpayers is unsupportable.

LOL - so is having a back-room meeting with the BCTF like Clark and Dix did in 1998 and handing over class size and composition to the disgusting BCTF. The NDP is a disease.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:They voted for it.

No they didn't. A lot of protest voters who voted Green are really angry with the naive Dr. Weaver right now.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Queen K wrote:Right, so in her darkest hour she steals platform talking points from her opponents.

That's one way of looking at it I suppose.

The other would be that she took note of the election results, stated publicly that the voters wanted parties to work together, and hence took appropriate action to demonstrate she listened to the will of the people.

That's actually more than I can say for the other two, who'd sell their souls for power. :biggrin:

What Clark offered is what people said they wanted, so for those complaining about that now, it's a tad suspicious, given that obviously power is more important to them, than the items they've been griping about.

I've said all along that I think we have another election in our near future, but I also think after taking down the Liberal government that the NDP will ultimately pay for this move, and pay dearly.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Tick tock.
Tick tock.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:^^But you voted for Christy's 'status quo' platform didn't you?

Moreso I voted against Horgan's "insanely stupid" platform. But it's the NDP. They can always be counted on to be insanely stupid.

And yet Christy seems to suddenly like their platform and heavily plagiarized from it in the throne speach......go figure. I guess voting against the insanely stupid platform was really an exercise in futility.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Old Techie wrote:

That's one way of looking at it I suppose.

The other would be that she took note of the election results, stated publicly that the voters wanted parties to work together, and hence took appropriate action to demonstrate she listened to the will of the people.

That's actually more than I can say for the other two, who'd sell their souls for power. :biggrin:

What Clark offered is what people said they wanted, so for those complaining about that now, it's a tad suspicious, given that obviously power is more important to them, than the items they've been griping about.

I've said all along that I think we have another election in our near future, but I also think after taking down the Liberal government that the NDP will ultimately pay for this move, and pay dearly.

Very simply a shell game to desperately try and hold on to power. We can now add con artist to her list of attributes.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I had the same thought. But if those of us did NOT vote other than Liberal, then how would Clark know that there is a protest element in her own riding and beyond? Even in ridings where it is futile to vote Green or NDP, to get in their candidate, the protest vote scenario is the best way to go.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “B.C.”