https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#200494

Could be one of our regular forum posters? [icon_lol2.gif]

7 people like this post.
slootman
Übergod

Liked in: 1347 posts

Re: Threats Against Premier

Postby Urbane » Jun 27th, 2017, 11:14 am

Some people think that they can say or do anything when it involves a politician. Sad to read this story but it's good that charges are being laid. Perhaps that will serve as a reminder that uttering threats, even against politicians, is wrong. And illegal. The level of hate directed against Christy Clark has been extraordinary and the criticisms have gone far beyond the normal political discourse. Let's hope for a return to civility in the days ahead.

10 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8063 posts

Postby bob vernon » Jun 27th, 2017, 11:24 am

Why wasn't this made public during the campaign? There is nothing more powerful in an election than playing the victim card. If the Liberals had have released this information during the campaign and tried to gain some sympathy for Christie, it might have swung the election in favour of the Liberals and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

If the person who made the threat was an NDP supporter, or could be made into one with some slick attack ads, the outcome would have been different. This is how the Americans play politics and it's the way we should, too. You let opportunities go past like that and just look what happened.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
bob vernon
Übergod

Liked in: 901 posts

Postby Veovis » Jun 27th, 2017, 11:41 am

Personally Bob I don't actually feel any of the current leaders would be fool enough to ruin an active police investigation by publicly releasing the info thinking it would create a jump in the polls as once the police reported what was ruined the self serving politician would like see a 3-5 times multiplier of a drop.

Now as to why the media never mentioned it during the election, well either the police kept this really quiet until they could make a charge, or our media wasn't interested in helping the liberals.

Rwede likes this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3141 posts

Postby GordonH » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:00 pm

I may despise all politicians, making any threats impo is just pain stupid.

You can think whatever you want, just don't say it or act on it.

You just can't fix stupidity

godfatherI likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5612 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Hassel99 » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:05 pm

bob vernon wrote:Why wasn't this made public during the campaign? There is nothing more powerful in an election than playing the victim card. If the Liberals had have released this information during the campaign and tried to gain some sympathy for Christie, it might have swung the election in favour of the Liberals and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

If the person who made the threat was an NDP supporter, or could be made into one with some slick attack ads, the outcome would have been different. This is how the Americans play politics and it's the way we should, too. You let opportunities go past like that and just look what happened.

Released what info? Charges were only laid today...
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2481 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:15 pm

slootman wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-200494-1-.htm#200494

I was thinking the same thing. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 27th, 2017, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

5 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11289 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Violent threats from the left . I'm also surprised this did not leak sooner
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
Jflem1983
Übergod

Liked in: 967 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:24 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
slootman wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-200494-1-.htm#200494

I was thinking the same thing. Those thoughts were flaming in their intensity.

Has to be . I had same thoughts . There are actually a few it could be . One has been quiet of late ..
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
Jflem1983
Übergod

Liked in: 967 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Violent threats from the left . I'm also surprised this did not leak sooner

Oh give it a rest. This isn't a left right thing. Multiple people have been charged for making threats against Trudeau remember. This is just a consequence of the vitriol and hatred that is propagated by all sides against those, or those political parties, that do not align with their beliefs.

When you continue to state "the left" or "the right" you are only adding to the circle of hatred that encourages these sorts of behaviours.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

lasnomadas likes this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2186 posts

Postby Hurtlander » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:51 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Violent threats from the left . I'm also surprised this did not leak sooner

Most likely it was someone from the far right that foresaw the government was going to make a hard left turn in the coming months.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
--Thomas Donahue
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 3100 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jun 27th, 2017, 12:52 pm

I was thinking the same thing. This lady sounds almost as crazy as that far-left Bernie Sanders lover who shot up the Republican baseball game. It appears that violence is boiling up from the left and far left, and it's time that some of the leftist loons out there start saying something to quell the anger and stupidity from these far left nutbags.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11289 posts

Postby Queen K » Jun 27th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Omnitheo wrote:

Oh give it a rest. This isn't a left right thing. Multiple people have been charged for making threats against Trudeau remember. This is just a consequence of the vitriol and hatred that is propagated by all sides against those, or those political parties, that do not align with their beliefs.

When you continue to state "the left" or "the right" you are only adding to the circle of hatred that encourages these sorts of behaviours.

I could not add to this sentence any better.

Isn't it the truth!! We are polarizing ourselves here on Castanet so badly these days.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9536 posts

Postby Queen K » Jun 27th, 2017, 1:07 pm

Just read the name, no one I know. Thankfully!
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9536 posts

Postby George+ » Jun 27th, 2017, 1:08 pm

And the Liberals said they would cooperate.

Clark looks like a sour grapes premier and is well deserving of strong criticism.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 647 posts

Next

Return to B.C.