Threats Against Premier

Re: Threats Against Premier

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 1st, 2017, 6:38 pm

She was drunk.. She was stupid. There probably have been many more who have been drunk and stupid in actions. Her stupidity was choosing the wrong number to dial.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

Queen K likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5693 posts

Postby JagXKR » Nov 1st, 2017, 7:17 pm

She did some community service on her own.

"As penance and on her own volition, Janeckova did 20 hours of volunteer work at the food bank. "
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Cactusflower likes this post.
JagXKR
Board Meister

Liked in: 435 posts

Postby LordEd » Nov 1st, 2017, 7:26 pm

It's a peace bond and stayed charges. If she behaves for the time period she doesn't wind up with a criminal record and all that having one entails.

They couldn't enforce community service as she hasn't technically been found guilty.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1869 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Nov 2nd, 2017, 5:03 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 2nd, 2017, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2086 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 2nd, 2017, 5:06 am

Gone_Fishin wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:She was drunk.. She was stupid.

So you're saying she was just like every other NDP voter out there. Good to know.

Would you agree that getting a DUI is stupid? I guess Gordon Campbell voted NDP and that's while he was Premier! :up:
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9585 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Nov 2nd, 2017, 5:10 am

Mutually exclusive in GC's case. He may have been drunk, but he's no stupid man. The double impairment of drunkenness and stupidity among NDP voters is a hell of a blow.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

Rwede likes this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2086 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 2nd, 2017, 5:13 am

Driving drunk, while Premier, is the definition of stupid. Driving drunk is just stupid. Nice spin tho.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:07 am

The point that everyone seems to be missing is that it takes a really bad political leader to deserve the disgust that this woman portrayed. There were thousands, perhaps even millions of British Columbians who felt the same way, but didn't carry their frustration that far, that's all.
Cactusflower
Übergod

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Rwede » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:10 am

Cactusflower wrote:The point that everyone seems to be missing is that it takes a really bad political leader to deserve the disgust that this woman portrayed. There were thousands, perhaps even millions of British Columbians who felt the same way, but didn't carry their frustration that far, that's all.

Wow. Here we have an NDP cheerleader endorsing violence against fellow human beings.

Sickening.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4950 posts

Postby LordEd » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:16 am

What do you expect from these grave-dancers?

Court imposed a suspended sentence. Issue is closed. Everyone can carry on with their lives.

2 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Postby Queen K » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:22 am

LordEd, even I thought it was a low sentence, I thought more community service could be added and anger management classes.

Rwede wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:The point that everyone seems to be missing is that it takes a really bad political leader to deserve the disgust that this woman portrayed. There were thousands, perhaps even millions of British Columbians who felt the same way, but didn't carry their frustration that far, that's all.

Wow. Here we have an NDP cheerleader endorsing violence against fellow human beings.

Sickening.

:135: Except that's not what Cactusflower said, she did not endorse violence Rwede, she said that lots of BCers may have been mad too, but carried out their frustration in the voting booth instead of making stupid phone calls. And it was a stupid phone call and NO ONE here endorsed violence on Christy's person at any time.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby LordEd » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:36 am

Queen K wrote:LordEd, even I thought it was a low sentence, I thought more community service could be added and anger management classes.
Its actually not a sentence. A stayed charge is essentially "we're going to ignore this happened, but if you cause trouble we can bring it back to court.

At this time she has no criminal record.

And I'm fine with that. Stupid mistake with remorse and apology. Highly likely to re-offend considering the targe it out of politics, and also with a peace bond overhead.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Postby Queen K » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:37 am

I'm not fine with the outcome, criminal record lacking, good, but there should have been more added. But I'm tougher on aspects of the law than you'd expect from a liberal type.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby jimmy4321 » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:58 am

She got off easy, but no matter who the leader or whatever there's always some idiot coming out of the woodwork taking things too far.

3 people like this post.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1391 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.