Threats Against Premier

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Threats Against Premier

Post by hobbyguy »

Hurtlander - feel free to find another example of a party PLATFORM that is so full of personal attack. You won't!

And horsefeathers! The entire platform for the NDP is a personal attack and designed to provide personal attack lines that were largely untrue to their core supporters.

E.g. I'm a senior, my wife is a senior, my sister is a senior etc. - and NO the BC government has NOT failed us, let alone premier Clark personally. In point of fact one of the reasons I got to retire early is because the Liberals fixed the economy after the 1990s NDP debacle.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Who leads the BC NDP party?

John Horgan!! John Horgan!!

Who leads the BC Green Party?

Andrew Weaver!! Andrew Weaver!!

Who leads the BC Liberal Party??

Ahh... the Caucus? And Christy Clark is not responsible for their decisions!!
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

flamingfingers wrote:Who leads the BC NDP party?

John Horgan!! John Horgan!!

Who leads the BC Green Party?

Andrew Weaver!! Andrew Weaver!!

Who leads the BC Liberal Party??

Ahh... the Caucus? And Christy Clark is not responsible for their decisions!!

Yes or no you support the threats? we all know you hate her. how much?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

FF - example of caucus influence: John Horgan leads the NDP. John Horgan supports site C. Caucus member - organic vineyard owner - threatens to leave caucus if Horgan supports site C. Horgan caves - now opposes site C, even though he KNOWS it is a good project.

So on energy policy, who leads the NDP? Not John Horgan, the organic vineyard owner from Quadra Island does (she also was a knife wielder in the ouster of Carole James).

I will grant you that premier Clark has more backbone than that, and better leadership qualities, so it would have been unlikely for a Liberal caucus member to throw a tantrum like that and get away it.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2017, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And that is pure "flaming barrel of horse pucky" Gone_Fishin' and you know it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

How did it go from threats to Christy to personal attacks? I know, the same drivel that the left is accused of.

My two cents, provincial liberal apologists don't even see their own hypocrisy yet steadfastly accuse the left odd the same thing.
For a bunch of smart guys you really can't see it, can you?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

Urbane wrote:George: You should stop digging and apologize. That would be the honourable thing to do. Threatening violence against any of our elected leaders (or anyone else for that matter) is wrong. Period.

You make it sound like "elected leaders" are special people. When in fact there is little special about any of them.
There was likely little plausible in this aledged threat, but it makes good headlines.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

A threat is a threat and IS illegal-I'm not sure how that gets confusing for some.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm not sure how uttering death threats can be compared to any of the ads.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

jimmy4321 wrote:A threat is a threat and IS illegal-I'm not sure how that gets confusing for some.

When you bring up death threats to Alberta Premier; Rachel Notley, apparently those death threats were made on facebook, so they don't count, according to some of the righties on here. :200:
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

BeingHuman wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:A threat is a threat and IS illegal-I'm not sure how that gets confusing for some.

When you bring up death threats to Alberta Premier; Rachel Notley, apparently those death threats were made on facebook, so they don't count, according to some of the righties on here. :200:

Well count me out of that group . I think it is wrong to threaten a public official . It is also wrong to vote ndp .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

People who make death threats against our political leaders and representatives, need to go to jail. This is Canada and that is not the Canadian way and never has been. This woman needs to be held accountable and to suffer the consequences of her criminal behavior. No excuses because this is an offense against our system and therefore all citizens.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Treblehook wrote:People who make death threats against our political leaders and representatives, need to go to jail. This is Canada and that is not the Canadian way and never has been. This woman needs to be held accountable and to suffer the consequences of her criminal behavior. No excuses because this is an offense against our system and therefore all citizens.

if this happend to you,me or anyone else this never makes the news ,who cares about useless clark , are useless politians need to be held accountable, clark should be in jail by now herself for all the crap she has done
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:if this happend to you,me or anyone else this never makes the news ,

Not true - people uttering threats do get charged. An Abbotsford man was just charged a week and a half ago.
Last edited by Fancy on Jun 28th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”