Threats Against Premier

Post by slootman »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#200494

Could be one of our regular forum posters? [icon_lol2.gif]
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Threats Against Premier

Post by Urbane »

Some people think that they can say or do anything when it involves a politician. Sad to read this story but it's good that charges are being laid. Perhaps that will serve as a reminder that uttering threats, even against politicians, is wrong. And illegal. The level of hate directed against Christy Clark has been extraordinary and the criticisms have gone far beyond the normal political discourse. Let's hope for a return to civility in the days ahead.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Why wasn't this made public during the campaign? There is nothing more powerful in an election than playing the victim card. If the Liberals had have released this information during the campaign and tried to gain some sympathy for Christie, it might have swung the election in favour of the Liberals and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

If the person who made the threat was an NDP supporter, or could be made into one with some slick attack ads, the outcome would have been different. This is how the Americans play politics and it's the way we should, too. You let opportunities go past like that and just look what happened.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Personally Bob I don't actually feel any of the current leaders would be fool enough to ruin an active police investigation by publicly releasing the info thinking it would create a jump in the polls as once the police reported what was ruined the self serving politician would like see a 3-5 times multiplier of a drop.

Now as to why the media never mentioned it during the election, well either the police kept this really quiet until they could make a charge, or our media wasn't interested in helping the liberals.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I may despise all politicians, making any threats impo is just pain stupid.

You can think whatever you want, just don't say it or act on it.

You just can't fix stupidity
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

bob vernon wrote:Why wasn't this made public during the campaign? There is nothing more powerful in an election than playing the victim card. If the Liberals had have released this information during the campaign and tried to gain some sympathy for Christie, it might have swung the election in favour of the Liberals and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

If the person who made the threat was an NDP supporter, or could be made into one with some slick attack ads, the outcome would have been different. This is how the Americans play politics and it's the way we should, too. You let opportunities go past like that and just look what happened.

Released what info? Charges were only laid today...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

slootman wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-200494-1-.htm#200494

I was thinking the same thing. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 27th, 2017, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Violent threats from the left . I'm also surprised this did not leak sooner
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
slootman wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-200494-1-.htm#200494

I was thinking the same thing. Those thoughts were flaming in their intensity.

Has to be . I had same thoughts . There are actually a few it could be . One has been quiet of late ..
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Jflem1983 wrote:Violent threats from the left . I'm also surprised this did not leak sooner

Oh give it a rest. This isn't a left right thing. Multiple people have been charged for making threats against Trudeau remember. This is just a consequence of the vitriol and hatred that is propagated by all sides against those, or those political parties, that do not align with their beliefs.

When you continue to state "the left" or "the right" you are only adding to the circle of hatred that encourages these sorts of behaviours.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Jflem1983 wrote:Violent threats from the left . I'm also surprised this did not leak sooner

Most likely it was someone from the far right that foresaw the government was going to make a hard left turn in the coming months.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I was thinking the same thing. This lady sounds almost as crazy as that far-left Bernie Sanders lover who shot up the Republican baseball game. It appears that violence is boiling up from the left and far left, and it's time that some of the leftist loons out there start saying something to quell the anger and stupidity from these far left nutbags.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Omnitheo wrote:

Oh give it a rest. This isn't a left right thing. Multiple people have been charged for making threats against Trudeau remember. This is just a consequence of the vitriol and hatred that is propagated by all sides against those, or those political parties, that do not align with their beliefs.

When you continue to state "the left" or "the right" you are only adding to the circle of hatred that encourages these sorts of behaviours.

I could not add to this sentence any better.

Isn't it the truth!! We are polarizing ourselves here on Castanet so badly these days.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just read the name, no one I know. Thankfully!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And the Liberals said they would cooperate.

Clark looks like a sour grapes premier and is well deserving of strong criticism.

Return to “B.C.”