Threats Against Premier

Re: Threats Against Premier

Postby hobbyguy » Jun 27th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Hurtlander - feel free to find another example of a party PLATFORM that is so full of personal attack. You won't!

And horsefeathers! The entire platform for the NDP is a personal attack and designed to provide personal attack lines that were largely untrue to their core supporters.

E.g. I'm a senior, my wife is a senior, my sister is a senior etc. - and NO the BC government has NOT failed us, let alone premier Clark personally. In point of fact one of the reasons I got to retire early is because the Liberals fixed the economy after the 1990s NDP debacle.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 5542 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jun 27th, 2017, 6:44 pm

Who leads the BC NDP party?

John Horgan!! John Horgan!!

Who leads the BC Green Party?

Andrew Weaver!! Andrew Weaver!!

Who leads the BC Liberal Party??

Ahh... the Caucus? And Christy Clark is not responsible for their decisions!!
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

lasnomadas likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5682 posts

Postby Veovis » Jun 27th, 2017, 6:59 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Who leads the BC NDP party?

John Horgan!! John Horgan!!

Who leads the BC Green Party?

Andrew Weaver!! Andrew Weaver!!

Who leads the BC Liberal Party??

Ahh... the Caucus? And Christy Clark is not responsible for their decisions!!

Yes or no you support the threats? we all know you hate her. how much?
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3141 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jun 27th, 2017, 7:32 pm

FF - example of caucus influence: John Horgan leads the NDP. John Horgan supports site C. Caucus member - organic vineyard owner - threatens to leave caucus if Horgan supports site C. Horgan caves - now opposes site C, even though he KNOWS it is a good project.

So on energy policy, who leads the NDP? Not John Horgan, the organic vineyard owner from Quadra Island does (she also was a knife wielder in the ouster of Carole James).

I will grant you that premier Clark has more backbone than that, and better leadership qualities, so it would have been unlikely for a Liberal caucus member to throw a tantrum like that and get away it.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 5542 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jun 27th, 2017, 8:06 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2017, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

3 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2077 posts

Postby Queen K » Jun 27th, 2017, 8:25 pm

And that is pure "flaming barrel of horse pucky" Gone_Fishin' and you know it.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9457 posts

Postby What_the » Jun 28th, 2017, 4:04 am

How did it go from threats to Christy to personal attacks? I know, the same drivel that the left is accused of.

My two cents, provincial liberal apologists don't even see their own hypocrisy yet steadfastly accuse the left odd the same thing.
For a bunch of smart guys you really can't see it, can you?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

3 people like this post.
What_the
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby Raven1 » Jun 28th, 2017, 4:32 am

Urbane wrote:George: You should stop digging and apologize. That would be the honourable thing to do. Threatening violence against any of our elected leaders (or anyone else for that matter) is wrong. Period.

You make it sound like "elected leaders" are special people. When in fact there is little special about any of them.
There was likely little plausible in this aledged threat, but it makes good headlines.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 254 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Jun 28th, 2017, 5:10 am

A threat is a threat and IS illegal-I'm not sure how that gets confusing for some.

Rwede likes this post.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1389 posts

Postby Fancy » Jun 28th, 2017, 5:23 am

I'm not sure how uttering death threats can be compared to any of the ads.

Queen K likes this post.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Liked in: 4803 posts

Postby BeingHuman » Jun 28th, 2017, 6:40 am

jimmy4321 wrote:A threat is a threat and IS illegal-I'm not sure how that gets confusing for some.

When you bring up death threats to Alberta Premier; Rachel Notley, apparently those death threats were made on facebook, so they don't count, according to some of the righties on here. :200:
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom

lasnomadas likes this post.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Liked in: 512 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 28th, 2017, 7:04 am

BeingHuman wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:A threat is a threat and IS illegal-I'm not sure how that gets confusing for some.

When you bring up death threats to Alberta Premier; Rachel Notley, apparently those death threats were made on facebook, so they don't count, according to some of the righties on here. :200:

Well count me out of that group . I think it is wrong to threaten a public official . It is also wrong to vote ndp .
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Übergod

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby Treblehook » Jun 28th, 2017, 7:07 am

People who make death threats against our political leaders and representatives, need to go to jail. This is Canada and that is not the Canadian way and never has been. This woman needs to be held accountable and to suffer the consequences of her criminal behavior. No excuses because this is an offense against our system and therefore all citizens.

2 people like this post.
Treblehook
Übergod

Liked in: 1037 posts

Postby the truth » Jun 28th, 2017, 8:35 am

Treblehook wrote:People who make death threats against our political leaders and representatives, need to go to jail. This is Canada and that is not the Canadian way and never has been. This woman needs to be held accountable and to suffer the consequences of her criminal behavior. No excuses because this is an offense against our system and therefore all citizens.

if this happend to you,me or anyone else this never makes the news ,who cares about useless clark , are useless politians need to be held accountable, clark should be in jail by now herself for all the crap she has done
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Raven1 likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4295 posts

Postby Fancy » Jun 28th, 2017, 8:48 am

the truth wrote:if this happend to you,me or anyone else this never makes the news ,

Not true - people uttering threats do get charged. An Abbotsford man was just charged a week and a half ago.
Last edited by Fancy on Jun 28th, 2017, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rwede likes this post.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Liked in: 4803 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.