British Columbia's NDP Government: 2017

Re: British Columbia's NDP Government: 2017

Postby Queen K » Nov 7th, 2017, 11:29 am

Even I can't wrap my head around it, okay?

And MJ, you and GB are at odds over Site C, but you both hold mutually exclusive truths. One truth doesn't always cancel the other in other words.

WE are in a complicated World.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9555 posts

Postby Old Techie » Nov 7th, 2017, 11:34 am

hobbyguy wrote:SO, the NDP thieves can't manage their finances, let alone the province's!

SO the useless petty criminals in the NDP are set to steal taxpayer $$$ 1.987,765 to pay off their debts!!! The grinning liar Horgan! What a corrupt criminal! The NDP are so useless that they can't manage their own finances, so the NDP "solution" is to STEAL from taxpayers!!!

Entirely unacceptable.

Naturally! There's only so much money they can steal from union members.

By contrast the public trough presents them all kinds of possibilities.
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2955 posts

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 7th, 2017, 11:37 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 7th, 2017, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2497 posts

Postby Merry » Nov 7th, 2017, 12:30 pm

hobbyguy wrote:the NDP are set to steal taxpayer $$$ 1.987,765 to pay off their debts!!!

I agree with hg that raiding the public purse to pay off Party debts is entirely unacceptable. It is also hypocritical, given the fact that the NDP claimed to be opposed to public campaign financing prior to their taking over the reigns of power.

I'm not as "anti NDP" as many of the other posters on here appear to be, but I AM upset about this particular flip flop. Robbing us to pay their debt is just plain WRONG.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

3 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3602 posts

Postby Old Techie » Nov 7th, 2017, 12:32 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 7th, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

2 people like this post.
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2955 posts

Postby Leifer » Nov 7th, 2017, 1:23 pm

I agree with hg that raiding the public purse to pay off Party debts is entirely unacceptable

Everyone (no matter what party they prefer) should be solidly against this new scheme from the NDP.
Libs, Cons, Greens, and even NDP supporters should get together and voice their opposition. :130:

Hell....even Flaming Fingers was up in arms when this was first announced. :135:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

2 people like this post.
Leifer
Board Meister

Liked in: 543 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 7th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Merry wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:the NDP are set to steal taxpayer $$$ 1.987,765 to pay off their debts!!!

I agree with hg that raiding the public purse to pay off Party debts is entirely unacceptable. It is also hypocritical, given the fact that the NDP claimed to be opposed to public campaign financing prior to their taking over the reigns of power.

I'm not as "anti NDP" as many of the other posters on here appear to be, but I AM upset about this particular flip flop. Robbing us to pay [b]their debt is just plain WRONG.
[/b]

Oh yes, and it is. I'm so disappointed, too much for words right now.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9555 posts

Postby Urbane » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:05 am

One of the big promises of the NDP was to have a referendum to change our voting system. The NDP and Greens want PR but here's an interesting voice of dissent from within the NDP:

As a longtime opponent of proportional representation — I led No BC STV, the group that defeated the single transferable vote electoral system in referenda in 2005 and 2009 — I know proponents of proportional representation hate to discuss how those electoral systems opens the door to parliaments for extremists.

But with recent outbreaks of far-right actions here in B.C. — including white supremacist flyers at the University of Victoria as well as racist “white pride” posters seen this week in Burnaby and a Chilliwack school trustee attacking the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity program that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer students — there should be no doubt that this province has a substantial number of potential far-right voters.
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/11/10/H ... Far-Right/

2 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8084 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:18 am

Verum wrote:Are you trying to make sure that the BC Liberals never get a vote again?!?
:biggrin:

actually it would ensure neither party got a vote. And the Green Party would get negative votes.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11295 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:19 am

maryjane48 wrote: the disgrace is thinking site c is anything but a racist monument

I got this far, and the massive shame I was already feeling for you stopped me from going any further.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:20 am

hobbyguy wrote:
SO, the NDP thieves can't manage their finances, let alone the province's!

SO the useless petty criminals in the NDP are set to steal taxpayer $$$ 1.987,765 to pay off their debts!!! The grinning liar Horgan! What a corrupt criminal! The NDP are so useless that they can't manage their own finances, so the NDP "solution" is to STEAL from taxpayers!!!

Entirely unacceptable.

The corrupt and morally bankrupt NDP are a stain on the human race.

The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby rustled » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:27 am

Urbane wrote:One of the big promises of the NDP was to have a referendum to change our voting system. The NDP and Greens want PR but here's an interesting voice of dissent from within the NDP:

As a longtime opponent of proportional representation — I led No BC STV, the group that defeated the single transferable vote electoral system in referenda in 2005 and 2009 — I know proponents of proportional representation hate to discuss how those electoral systems opens the door to parliaments for extremists.

But with recent outbreaks of far-right actions here in B.C. — including white supremacist flyers at the University of Victoria as well as racist “white pride” posters seen this week in Burnaby and a Chilliwack school trustee attacking the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity program that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer students — there should be no doubt that this province has a substantial number of potential far-right voters.
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/11/10/H ... Far-Right/
Interesting indeed, Urbane. New Zealand is a cautionary tale:

“Nearly three weeks after New Zealand’s general election, the country is waiting for an anonymous, unelected board of individuals belonging to a minor party to make a decision on who forms the next government,” reporter Eleanor Ainge Roy wrote.

Kudos to the Tyee for recognizing the problem with PR.

3 people like this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4360 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:39 pm

rustled wrote:Kudos to the Tyee for recognizing the problem with PR.

one of the many problems.

The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Urbane wrote:

This is an excellent point. Proponents of the flawed and disgusting PR don't want to talk about how PR can give rise to horrible leftist extremist nutbags having a disproportionate share of power.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby Gone_Fishin » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:46 pm

hobbyguy wrote:https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-ndp-details-financial-challenges-amid-may-election/article36857917/

"The BC NDP, currently pushing legislation through the House to provide public financing of political parties, went into the last provincial election weighed down by debt going back to the 2009 campaign."

SNIP

"Getting big money out of politics was a key promise of the NDP in the election last May, but debate on the bill has been contentious because of the unexpected feature of public funding that will cost B.C. taxpayers millions of dollars annually – a measure that had been previously rejected by the NDP."

SNIP

"The New Democrats were having trouble raising funds for two by-elections held in 2016, much less preparing a war chest for the coming 2017 election. Operating costs were being paid out of reserves."

SNIP

"At the start of this year, the central party owed more than $880,000 to its riding associations, built up over three election cycles.

In her report, Ms. Hockin said "a lot of work" went into seeking forgiveness of those loans, but "despite our best efforts, the internal debt remained an impediment."

Last February, the NDP's provincial council approved an election budget of $11.4-million, which included approval for a $1.8-million loan. However, with internal debt still on the books, the central party was able to borrow less than half of that amount."

SO, the NDP thieves can't manage their finances, let alone the province's!

Entirely unacceptable.

The NDP is so broke that CUPE had to co-sign their loans for them. The banks weren't willing to risk lending them any money, and for good reason. The NDP can't manage their own money, let alone that of taxpayers. Now they want to steal our money to pay back their loan sharks. They are junkies, stealing for their next fix, and stealing to pay off their dealers.

When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

3 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2086 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.